• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

strobogo

Banned
Due to your appeal, I have met with the WCW Executive Committee and we have determined to upgrade the event to a C-.

ouw66xx.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Even if I was a huge vaginally that needed to stick his fingers in his ears over someone, that feature is so shit. "This post cannot be seen as the poster is on your ignore list. Click here to view the post" and then someone quotes it anyway.

It's not ideal, but it gets the job done once you get used to it.

Cena's going to 'reverse' ie have Brock throw him in position to do the awful looking legdrop off the F5, and it will look like a botch. But Cena will think it looks just as good as Dolph's fameasser off the G2S
SdZ2R.gif

Now THAT was a good goddamn finisher reversal too

Even though I did like that reversal, my issue with it was that it was obvious since Punk never picks people up the other way like that. I remember seeing him pick up Dolph and I was like "uhhhh wtf.....oh must be a rever.....yup."

Aiii

So not worth it
You see, I can't do ignore. That box where I can't see what they say makes me too curious what crazy shit they're gonna say. It's the lack of will power in my part :/

Yeah I get it, but you get used to just passing that over. Especially when you omly ignore the shittiest people. No reason to read what they're saying anyways. On the off chance it's interesting, someone will quote it. If it's the usual crap they'll ignore it and you're good.

strobogo

Banned
Give it to me straight though, stro. 1995 is going to be the worst year ever, right?

It's pretty bad. Very little redeeming qualities or matches. At least IYH are only 2 hours and usually have one decent-good match on them. Flair and Savage have a good match or two together on the WCW side.

KOTR is...well if you read my review, you'll have a pretty good idea of the cloud of darkness that will envelope you while watching it.

Zach

Why do we do this to ourselves? So that someone MIGHT read our opinions? :(

Luckily for me, I'm not concerned with that. My whole reason for watching/rating chronologically is to know what to revisit if the day ever comes. I just figured, having recently discovered this place, I'd post my grades here. Occasionally, I get a bit of good discussion out of it, too! :D

WWF 1995 is sweet for like a month
lariatomotiondvsxk.gif

Ya know what I mean?

And then you get to 96. The greatest WWF year ever.

I really enjoyed Cape Fear so I look forward to this.

It's pretty bad. Very little redeeming qualities or matches. At least IYH are only 2 hours and usually have one decent-good match on them. Flair and Savage have a good match or two together on the WCW side.

KOTR is...well if you read my review, you'll have a pretty good idea of the cloud of darkness that will envelope you while watching it.

I'm not gonna spoil the fun reading your review! If it's as bad as you say it is, remind me to read it after I've graded it... Now I kinda look forward to it...

jred2k

Even if I was a huge vaginally that needed to stick his fingers in his ears over someone, that feature is so shit. "This post cannot be seen as the poster is on your ignore list. Click here to view the post" and then someone quotes it anyway.

Using ignore is still better than being one of those cunts that tries to backseat mod and champion bans.

tm24

So i just emailed the people in charge of the AAA El Rey show to try to get into the tapings. Let's see what happens. Someone needs to be there to shout to the world how great Pentagon Jr is

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I checked around on the twitters.

Why do all Eva Marie fans act like Pop stans? Is it supposed to be ironic? Wrestling fans confuse me.

somedevil

Watching the new Monday Night War. Man Stone Cold was different when he started out. Not anti-hero but more pure asshole. Flushing Bryan Pillman head in a toilet and calling Bret Hart the "Shit men" lol

I don't think highly of Lita, but Eva hasn't even cut a promo or been involved in a story line, and from the little physical activity we've seen her do is fucking horrible

Watching the new Monday Night War. Man Stone Cold was different when he started out. Not anti-hero but more pure asshole. Flushing Bryan Pillman head in a toilet and calling Bret Hart the "Shit men" lol

Yeah he was a fantastic heel. Which is why his heel turn at WM17 was so fucking weird. Granted I'm one of the few that really liked it, but I can definitely see what the issue was.

strobogo

Banned
Austin's heel turn was rad because it ended up being Stunning Cold Steve Austin and was the best of both worlds for about 6 months.

somedevil

Yeah he was a fantastic heel. Which is why his heel turn at WM17 was so fucking weird. Granted I'm one of the few that really liked it, but I can definitely see what the issue was.

The problem with the heel turn was there was no top babyface to go against him. The rock left to film a movie and would a babyface Triple H work?

Also, him aligning himself with Vince was a problem. If the next night if he beat his ass and stayed heel it might of worked out better. Though when he started playing a guitar and being a chicken shit heel it became a huge failure.

Then there was the whole Invasion angle with him which is a whole another story.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Stone Cold's entire alignment direction should have always been:

A) I beat up heels. Sometimes I beat up faces.
B) I beat up faces. Sometimes I beat up heels.

Ultratech

Then there was the whole Invasion angle with him which is a whole another story.

If they had held off on Austin for months and done the deal where he comes back and stuns fucking EVERYBODY on the go-home show before Survivor Series, they would've PRINTED money.

why give away that it's fake so easily? natural red hair line gives the game away so obviously.

Cena fans, I feel your pain, but you will be fine. I went through this with Edge, but you'll realize that as a fan, if the time has come where stopping wrestling is best for his health, that you'll want him to stop too.

I miss Edge a lot, but he absolutely did the right thing. Sure, he can't wrestle anymore, but at least he has a good quality of life.

strobogo

Banned
He also outs Vince as the owner of the WWF in these promos.

They gave it away on a Raw in 1993. And one in 1994. And one in 1995. We just didn't notice it as kids. It was pretty obvious Vince was the boss since all the wrestlers always gave him shit and blamed him for booking decisions on screen.

BHZ Mayor

The problem with the heel turn was there was no top babyface to go against him. The rock left to film a movie and would a babyface Triple H work?

Also, him aligning himself with Vince was a problem. If the next night if he beat his ass and stayed heel it might of worked out better. Though when he started playing a guitar and being a chicken shit heel it became a huge failure.

The Invasion as a whole was one giant fuckup. The guy who was the main reason for WWF coming out on top being the leader of it was beyond stupid.

Top Bottom