• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

All this news from the Observer getting posted, but no one posts the best news from it.

Get Mauro Ranallo and any random dude off the street and you're golden

And yeah I don't see Reigns getting that bit now. Though if they wanted to absolutely make him, that would be the way.

Third episode of Monday Night War feels super out of place and just bad compared to the others. The first two episodes had things mostly going into sequential order of what's going on in both companies only to follow it up with an episode that covers the attitude era as a whole and shows a bunch of late WCW stuff. If they felt they needed to explain what the attitude era was before getting to it that would be fine but it doesn't need a whole episode and definitely doesn't need to show the Stupid Late era WCW stuff next to it.

Alucard do it for WrasleGAF

TNA is doing a promotion where you can win a phone call from Dixie Carter. You have to follow Dixie on Twitter, retweet the contest announcement and then take a selfie of yourself watching Impact tonight and send it to Dixie to be entered in the draw with two people receiving a call from Dixie Carter

somedevil

Lets see if they edit out one of MVP's lines which is going to piss off people.

edit: Nope using a man's death to get heat was left in.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

Ditch Decades 8

I made a bad decision with this set.

• Jumbo Tsuruta vs Billy Robinson UN Championship AJPW 3/5/77
  • Stan Hansen/Terry Gordy vs Genichiro Tenryu/Toshiaki Kawada AJPW 12/16/88
  • Miracle Violence Connection vs Mitsuharu Misawa/Toshiaki Kawada AJPW 12/6/91
  • Jun Kasai vs Jaki Numazawa BJPW Razor Board Death Match 6/8/05

Jumbo/Robinson was FANTASTIC and everyone should watch it. So good and enjoyable. Excellent mat stuff. There is a 5-7 minute headlock spot that is more entertaining that almost everything on WWE TV this year. Both tag matches are good. The death match was horrible and felt like a snuff film since you couldn't see the fans and they were silent for most of it. As a normal match, it was terrible. As a death match, it was terrible. It's awful and not even Bootaaay would like it.

iRjJCsvI1tsP1.gif

ibgMtG6jgvVuCE.gif

iM2DgLQMhdSio.gif

iC7L7oiVsUb4M.gif

Alucard

Banned
I can't compete against these people, guys.

BwFnVxKCcAA__4g.jpg

(has an Aces and Eights background on his twitter)

BwFl8y9CEAAW4Q4.jpg

(her Twitter background says "Country Girl," and she's wearing a Dixieland t-shirt...and she's pretty cute)

Mid-South Wrestling, 1984.01.26
Shreveport, Louisiana, USA

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24porm

1. Non-Title Tag Match: The Midnight Express vs Magnum T.A. & Mr. Wrestling II
2. Butch Reed vs Mike Starbuck
3. Jim Neidhart vs Mickey Henry
4. Joe Savoldi vs Masao Ito
5. Brian Adidas & Terry Taylor vs Crusher Darsow & Nikolai Volkoff
6. Lanny Poffo vs Buddy Landel

Real fun episode here, mainly for the tag matches and Buddy Landel vs Lanny. The Adidas & Taylor vs Darsow & Volkoff tag match is wild. There's a Rock n' Roll Express music video, too.

strobogo said:
I made a bad decision with this set.

Lol, I can't believe you watched a Numazawa match. He's disgraceful. Kasai isn't much better, but that's only because he's half crippled. Love that Jumbo vs Robinson match and I agree, it's a match everyone should watch - the headlock section is amazing, I love how aggressively Billy works the most basic of holds. That's something that really stands out when watching wrestling from that period, I find - it's something of a lost art today.

Ithil

At this stage, the working idea for Prince Devitt’s name is Fergal, which is his real first name. Given that WWE wants to own rights to people’s names and give them names they can’t take elsewhere if they leave, I’m guessing that name changes before he hits the main roster.

Word of advice. Use the surname.

Gonzalez

Banned
Except for getting Spawn to be the narrator, they still really half assed the Monday Night War. I swear I've seen 3 different Daniel Bryan's during this.

strobogo

Banned
iM2DgLQMhdSio.gif

Holy shit, stro.

...and a solid start to Impact tonight, IMO.

You look at it and it looks like it is sped up or something, but then you see everyone else moving at normal speed and you're like HOLY FUCK STAN.

Lol, I can't believe you watched a Numazawa match. He's disgraceful. Kasai isn't much better, but that's only because he's half crippled. Love that Jumbo vs Robinson match and I agree, it's a match everyone should watch - the headlock section is amazing, I love how aggressively Billy works the most basic of holds. That's something that really stands out when watching wrestling from that period, I find - it's something of a lost art today.

I had no idea who he was. That match was sad and gross. Jumbo is just the best. He's most definitely on the all time fave five. I think the 70s were the last time where the mat work wasn't just random stuff to eat time up and rest. There was no resting with the rest holds. The top guys didn't just slap a head lock on and lay there. Always active.

Except for getting Spawn to be the narrator, they still really half assed the Monday Night War. I swear I've seen 3 different Daniel Bryan's during this.

It's a mismatch of 12 years of footage. There were 2 different Punks and in the last episode there was footage from heel champion run as well. Two different Austins. Two different Foleys. They take stuff from random DVDs and unrelated things. They show unrelated clips as well, like when talking about the WCW roster being sick of the nWo and showing a clip of Jericho throwing a fit, which had nothing to do with that and was part of his heel turn in early 1998.

Alucard

Banned
Jessica Havok debuting on TNA next week.

Oh shit, Gunner and Shaw storyline. Just a couple of dudes hanging out in a hotel. Sam Shaw drawing the New York skyline and Gunner just texting like a normal dude.

What a couple of cool dudes.

And now Shaw touching Gunner's garb.

WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The midget being the most strange in that poster...

I miss the 24/7 hardcore title . The Funtime USA brawl( fun fact: 5 minutes away from my house, now a storage facility) was awesome WWE should bring the rules back for the US title would give it some heat.

Alucard

Banned
I miss the 24/7 hardcore title . The Funtime USA brawl( fun fact: 5 minutes away from my house, now a storage facility) was awesome WWE should bring the rules back for the US title would give it some heat.

Dean Ambrose would be the perfect hardcore champion in today's WWE.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, the Roode and EY exchange was solid. Very simple setup, some talk of their history, and putting over one another and the importance of their match next week. Good stuff.

Alucard

Banned
Looking forward to this Great Sanada reveal.

I'm also really worried about Impact's rating tonight after the lack of talk in this thread.

Raw was fine last night. If we removed Cena, all the complaints would stop. Cesaro won and has a new feud instead of jobbing. Stardust/Goldust finally are being used in a feud instead of random wacky vignettes. Nikki went in on Brie and even Lawler. Slater Gator was fun on TV. Rollins, Kane, and Reigns was fine. Lesnar interview was great. Sandow was at least on tv and Ziggler wasn't jobbing like he was before his title reign. Rusev, Bo, and Swagger all looked good.

All the exaggeration on this board is tiresome. Removing Cena last week had everyone staying it was one of the best Raws. With his return, opening and closing the show, everyone loses their shit -- par for course, history repeats itself on this thread.

I've begun to realize that many take it personal that Cena is in the main event and whenever he beats one of their favorite wrestlers

This is a monstrously late reply but while you're right there was great moments like Cesaro igniting a feud, Dust Brothers, and Mizdow - it was a total of maybe 15 mins on a 3 hour show that recapped the "Exclusive Superstar Hall Of Fame Interview Panel" FOUR times in which Hogan decided it was best to spit Cenaisms rather than drop that the match is a work and whoever is booked to win will win

Let's not even touch on Cena feeling the need to triple AA the Wyatt family

Showaddy

Word of advice. Use the surname.

Yeah that makes zero sense as Devitt at least sounds decent and is somewhat marketable in places like the UK & Japan. Fergal by just itself sounds terrible, they might as well just have him create a brand new name.

Top Bottom