• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Zach

Double A was doing the Ice Bucket Challenge before it was cool.

WDiv7p2.png

And I'm not sure if I just watched a video package for Alex Wright or had a fever dream...

Alucard

Banned
A fun main event from TNA, but really wish they'd given it more time. I'm assuming future matches will be longer.

Average episode of Impact overall tonight.

A fun main event from TNA, but really wish they'd given it more time. I'm assuming future matches will be longer.

Average episode of Impact overall tonight.

I doubt it, for some reason recent TNA matches always been short, even in ppvs. I guess this happens because they tape like 4 episodes in a week.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm pretty sure when he was champion there were a couple of nights where Eric Young wrestled four matches in one night.

Like SAVIO VEGA in his historic King of the Ring 1995 run.

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/

Vince really is in panic mode over Cena looking weak.

I'm pretty sure when he was champion there were a couple of nights where Eric Young wrestled four matches in one night.

Like SAVIO VEGA in his historic King of the Ring 1995 run.

Millions of people have worked 2 matches in one night. Maybe thousands have worked 3 matches in one night. But 4? Savio is in special company, mostly himself.

Started watching Nitro, Summer 1996, back when the NWO was forming.
Originally I started watching Nitro late 97(98?) so I missed a lot.

I gotta say, the build has been pretty damn good thus far. Shame WCW fucks it up.

If Cena is going to be out again I hope its for 6 months or more.

Last year when he was out for 3 months they just hit the pause button on the main event scene and didnt do shit until he came back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So is that InFamous DLC any goo? For someone who got bored halfway through the original game and felt that it was too similar to the last.

I wouldn't consider it, but I got PSN money and nothing to spend it on.
Don't make me spend it on Dynasty Warriors or WWE shit

DMczaf

WWE.com did a oral history on SHOCKMASTER with Sting, Dusty Rhodes, Fred Ottman aka Tugboat aka SHOCKMASTER, and Booker T. I wish this was a Roundtable on the Network :(

http://www.wwe.com/inside/shockmaster-incident-oral-history-26599762

RHODES: There was sabotage involved, I really believe that. [Producer] David Crockett was on the payroll with us at that time … the takeover had just begun, with Eric Bischoff and the Hogan era and all that stuff. We rehearsed it during the day, it went perfectly, and like I say, sabotage came into play — building up about four or five different floorboards and not telling him about it. “When the smoke goes off, he trips and falls on his ass and we make big fun of it, and Dusty falls on his ass.” There was a lot of that going on back then in our business. Any chance you get to take someone out of power and just have a big laugh, they took. I’ve done it! I’ve been the [saboteur]. When I say sabotage, I don’t mean like, “Boy, this is serious stuff.” It’s just the wrestling business. “You got an extra board? Put it on there, maybe he won’t see it.” Well, he didn’t see it. Or maybe it’s just my imagination.

Just got an email from WWE Network saying my subscription is up and asking me to renew for 9.99/month.

Darn, I thought I could at least NOT-AUTO-RENEW-BRIBE them into giving me a free shirt to renew or something!

Do they explain why they went with a glittery stormtrooper helmet?
That's probably the most amazing part.

edit: oh...last minute deal...disappointing.

So is that InFamous DLC any goo? For someone who got bored halfway through the original game and felt that it was too similar to the last.

I wouldn't consider it, but I got PSN money and nothing to spend it on.
Don't make me spend it on Dynasty Warriors or WWE shit

I like it a lot so far. Feels like Second Son but with all the fat trimmed. It still has the district clearing stuff, but it's far more condensed.

Fetch is the fastest woman in the world btw, good lord. Dat speed

Carnby

Guise

There was a Devil's Rejects reunion today.

1380770_10152452660578323_3148933334182827842_n.jpg

DDP is the second person in this picture, left to right.

KissVibes

Banned
SHEETZ

Released NXT star Shaun Ricker had some heat over social media and e-mails he had sent. One of the issues was how he re tweeted many messages from fans about how he should be on TV. (WON)

Goddammit.

If that was it, someone should've told him to fucking knock it off. He did it so goddamn often.

Old by internet standards, but it's on GFW's twitter.
BwEpoAACQAACxOj.jpg

BwGC5MiCEAAeMGM.jpg

I love that Karl looks more like a dude with no pants on instead of someone that wrestles.

hahaha

Hasney

Sorry Vinny, you can't say that WCW hardcore was underwhelming and then show a clip of Screamin' Norman Smiley.

The rest, sure. But not Norman.

I miss the 24/7 hardcore title . The Funtime USA brawl( fun fact: 5 minutes away from my house, now a storage facility) was awesome WWE should bring the rules back for the US title would give it some heat.

They should do that. Debut it with a Junkyard Invitational at next year's Extreme Rules

Aiii

So not worth it
Probably posted already, but Meltzer dropped that megaton:
New Japan is seriously looking into doing the 1/4 show at the Tokyo Dome as a regular PPV show in North America. If so, the working idea would be to use high-profile English language announcers.
About time.

Wondering if they'd have to alter the start time to accommodate US fans, or show the event on tape delay. Most New Japan PPVs are on around 2-5am for US folks. Interested to see who'd be involved in commentary, also - no mention of Europe, though. I hope New Japan can still find an iPPV streaming solution to accommodate us.

Unrelated awesome;

pVM3Mbh.png

Aiii

So not worth it
So I pre-ordered WWE 2k15 for PS4.

The Hulkamania Edition.

I'm sorry, it's the Hollywood Hogan Funko Pop! that got me.

Top Bottom