• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Alucard

Banned
How overexposed is Paige getting with all of these photo shoots?

I'd care more if I didn't find her current feud with AJ utterly stupid and borderline horseshit.

New page.

ddp-jake.jpg

Alucard

Banned
The following wrestling personalities are scheduled to appear at the Montreal Comic Con between September 12th and 14th. Debating on going...

hulkhogan1.jpg
roberts.jpg
hart.jpg
stratus.jpg

Hmm. Just meeting The Immortal One and getting a pic with him would be pretty cool. Hope that Jake is able to make it, but sounds like he's in rough shape tonight. I was never really a big fan of Trish and taking a pic with her would just be for creepy factor.

Watching NXT. I like the Charlotte/Bayley segment. Sets Bayley up really nicely as the babyface underdog with Charlotte as the cocky heel.

How overexposed is Paige getting with all of these photo shoots?

I'd care more if I didn't find her current feud with AJ utterly stupid and borderline horseshit

I'm really having trouble understanding how a photoshoot has anything at all to do with her on-air character.

The following wrestling personalities are scheduled to appear at the Montreal Comic Con between September 12th and 14th. Debating on going...

hulkhogan1.jpg
roberts.jpg
hart.jpg
stratus.jpg

Hmm. Just meeting The Immortal One and getting a pic with him would be pretty cool. Hope that Jake is able to make it, but sounds like he's in rough shape tonight. I was never really a big fan of Trish and taking a pic with her would just be for creepy factor.
Jimmy Hart doesn't even factor into your thought process huh? lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
No one wants to see Jimmy Hart. Not even Jimmy Hart.

It's astounding that he's been able to cling onto fame for so long. Even Brother Brutii would be jealous.

No one wants to see Jimmy Hart. Not even Jimmy Hart.

It's astounding that he's been able to cling onto fame for so long. Even Brother Brutii would be jealous.

Law of averages says that there is some guy somewhere who is just the biggest Jimmy Hart fan in the world. I wonder what that guy is like.

Alucard

Banned
Jimmy Hart was a guy with a squeaky voice and a megaphone. He certainly had a style all his own, but what would I say to him? "I loved your erratic mannerisms by ringside."

I don't know much about him as a person, so he could be a really lovely guy for all I know. Just have no urge to spent 20-40 bucks to meet him.

TheBear

What do you think the chances of seeing other current promotions being aired on the Network? (not just tape libraries of dead companies)

Having something like NJPW on the Network I think would make a lot of sense because its not direct competition, they could get their B or C tier commentators to practice commentating over it, they get access to tons of content and the IWC would go nuts and subs would go up a huge amount (at least I think they would?)

What do you think the chances of seeing other current promotions being aired on the Network? (not just tape libraries of dead companies)

Having something like NJPW on the Network I think would make a lot of sense because its not direct competition, they could get their B or C tier commentators to practice commentating over it, they get access to tons of content and the IWC would go nuts and subs would go up a huge amount (at least I think they would?)

In honesty, it'll probably never happen. They just don't see the IWC as a big enough portion of their fanbase to make it worth their while. Whether or not that is true is irrelevant, because that's just the way they see it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

0%

TheBear

In honesty, it'll probably never happen. They just don't see the IWC as a big enough portion of their fanbase to make it worth their while. Whether or not that is true is irrelevant, because that's just the way they see it.

I think is incredibly shortsighted of them since the IWC is, you know, on the internet, and is exactly the people they should be targeting when they have an internet based product.

Considering I also think there is zero chance of this happening I probably should've phrased this differently :p

Gonzalez

Banned

If they pay for the time-slot, and use it to promote their big PPV's(that will most likely be on another platform), then sure it's possible. The catch would be that they aren't an on-demand program, and they only appear during a certain time-slot once a week.

Alucard

Banned
I think is incredibly shortsighted of them since the IWC is, you know, on the internet, and is exactly the people they should be targeting when they have an internet based product.

Considering I also think there is zero chance of this happening I probably should've phrased this differently :p

How many members of the IWC actually pay for PWG, DGUSA, Evolve, and ROH shows and DVDs?

Alucard

Banned
I'd bet that Triple H and Steph have a pretty great sex life. Or Steph just constantly blocks him. Or they're both too busy and tired to actually have one.

Let's vote on this important topic. Which is it, GAF?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Greatest promos of all time

1. Pipe bomb
2. Phil Brooks talking to Paul Levesque
3. Vince Russo calling Hogan 'Terry'
4. Shane Douglas
5. Punk Bitch-itis

I think is incredibly shortsighted of them since the IWC is, you know, on the internet, and is exactly the people they should be targeting when they have an internet based product

I think people vastly overestimate how many people in the "IWC" care about NJPW or Evolve or Dragon Gate enough to see it as a huge incentive to subscribe to the Network. It would be added value, sure, but I don't think there is this huge amount of people that would sign up in droves the moment a new promotion was on there.

Alucard

Banned
I think people vastly overestimate how many people in the "IWC" care about NJPW or Evolve or Dragon Gate enough to see it as a huge incentive to subscribe to the Network. It would be added value, sure, but I don't think there is this huge amount of people that would sign up in droves the moment a new promotion was on there.

I agree. Most indy sites don't get that many hits...and when you've got an ROH PPV doing just over 10,000 buys, well...doubt you'd get many more signing up for the Network just because of DGUSA or NJPW. There's an overabundance of wrestling out there as is, and those who want to seek out the indies have already done so.

char·ac·ter
ˈkariktər

noun
noun: character; plural noun: characters

1. the mental and moral qualities distinctive to an individual.
"Check out my evil character from #Summerslam!"
synonyms: personality, nature, disposition, temperament, temper, mentality, makeup; More

Heel
Pronunciation: ˈhēl
Function: noun

1. a contemptible person

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
WCW 2000 random Nitro thoughts(It's the one in London)

•I am completely sober
•It's really weird how many times both WCW and WWE pushed Vito. I guess he's not awful, and he's big. But he's not in amazing shape or anything.
•Stevie Ray is not that terrible of a commentator. Not as bad as I expected him to be, honestly. Way better than Mongo or Madden. I'd put him just below Larry and Bobby. And Tony doesn't seem to hate him as much as he hates Bobby.
•Is it just me or did every 99 and 2000 Nitro start with the whole roster coming out to the ring? Sure does feel like it. Flair was assigning teams like Elementary School. Then he assigned Sting and Steiner, and it was like getting assigned to that kid who smelled bad. I bet Scott Steiner smells like a ton of bad perfume.
•Crowbar/Devon Storm is like the completely uncompelling version of Mick Foley.
•I didn't know Slick Johnson worked for WCW.
•Mike Tenay should just be in robot mode. He's so shitty at showing 'emotion.' Just make him a cold, hard wrestling information data terminal.
•This match is boring. Why is it getting so much time? It's nuts that the crowds are still hot for this shit with these guys even in 2000. Nowhere near what it used to be, but it feels more alive than modern Raws.
•Mike Awesome is cutting a promo. Mike Awesome said 'get over.' What fresh Hell is this
•As a kid, I thought Natural Born Thrillers were awesome. They looked awesome, and that was all I needed. Except Stasiak and Palumbo. Those two always looked like goofs. Everything about Shawn Stasiak is awful.
• "Stasiak's about to put me to sleep." - Stevie Ray after Stasiak only said one thing. You're not wrong, Steview.

We should find some more shitty wrestling content and have two people review it to see if the other side can find more redeemable things in the product.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This girl just disrespected Elix Skipper because he's not 'over like the Cat is'

But Ernest Miller isn't over. And Elix Skipper has a higher pitched voice than I would have thought. Schiavonne literally just said 'I don't care about tag teams.'

Top Bottom