• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Gonzalez

Banned
I actually watched the Fake Outsiders Vs. Can-Am Express match the other day, and I surprisingly liked it. Probably the closet the Can-Ams got to the quality of their AJ matches, I believe. At least in terms of them not fucking up their spots.

Good stuff with UFC tonight guys. I saw a soul leave a body. Quite the experience.

untitled-6fisc9.gif
untitled-5d6srf.gif

Carnby

Raw – Jan 6 1997

Knickerbocker Arena, Albany New York

Main Event Vader vs Bret Hart

Show Opens with a Vader Promo about how he will beat Bret tonight.

Match #1 Owen Hart vs Mankind W/ Paul Bearer

Owen goes for the sharpshooter early but mankind reaches the ropes. Mankind is working over Owen's face in the corner with knees and fishhooks. Owen bites his hand to get out. They take the fight outside where Owen hits mankind with his slammy and His tag title belt. Some ECW chants here. Owen is working over mankind after a near fall. Whips him into the corner, goes for a running sholder but hits the post. Mankind hits a Pile Driver for the win.

Winner Mankind.

To the Back.: HBK is with Jose Lothario and his son Pete and talks about how he will be hurting Sid for what he did to Jose last week. Talks about not interfering in the main event.

Match #2: Fake Diesel and Fake Razor vs Doug Furnum and Phil Lafon.

Nothing good here. Fake dudes control the match. Phil Lafon has a pretty good hot tag. Phil Lafon seems pretty cool. Lafon and furnum hit their finish in Fake Razor

winners:Lafon and Furnum

To the Ring.

Jim Ross is in the Ring with the WWF Champion Sid. His music is playing for some reason in the background. Cut a SID promo about how he is the Ruler of Worlds, Born the Man and is a kick or be kicked world. HBK interurpts to it the commentary table. He is wearing a robe and does a little strip tease. Sid is pretty amused. Does commentary shirtless.

Main Event: Vader vs Bret Hart

Starts out with Vader Working Bret. Hits a second rope splash to Bret for a near fall. Vader goes for the Vader bomb but its blocked. Bret starts his comeback with an elbow drop and several slams. Vader and Bret take it outside when Sid comes out and tells the camera man to follow him. Meanwhile stone cold sneaks up and Gives Bret the Stunner while the ref is distracted by Vader. Vader hits the Vader Bomb for the Win.

He will face the undertaker at the rumble

To the Back.[/B:] Sid is with Pete Lothario and tells Shawn it shouldn’t have come to this. He the Power Bombs Pete onto a table. HBK runs tot he back where he attends to Pete vowing revenge on Sid.

See you next Week everybody!

1-6-97%281%29.gif

1-6-97%283%29.gif

1-6-97%284%29.gif

1-6-97%286%29.gif
[/QUOTE]

I WaS At this show!!!!!

They taped the entire months of Raw in one night. It was hell.

I'll share more details about the show tomorrow. Details that could only be known by seeing it live.

Good stuff with UFC tonight guys. I saw a soul leave a body. Quite the experience.

Dead goddamn body. Soto brought his A-Game though. Glad it wasn't a Cormier death

Anyone know the name of this move?

Flatliner again. He's just doing it via entering the ring and springing off the bottom rope with his foot. This seems to be a new trend; I've seen people do Codebreakers and Cutters out of it too.

...And all I did was enter that way because it was cooler D:

Alucard

Banned
Dead goddamn body. Soto brought his A-Game though. Glad it wasn't a Cormier death

Flatliner again. He's just doing it via entering the ring and springing off the bottom rope with his foot. This seems to be a new trend; I've seen people do Codebreakers and Cutters out of it too.

...And all I did was enter that way because it was cooler D:

Now that you mention it, it does look like a flatliner. Cool.

I'm watching some of Bash at the Beach 2000 for some reason, and Vampiro just fought the KISS Demon in a graveyard, which consisted of Vampiro popping out of random places to attack Demon, and it finished when Vampiro smashed a tombstone block on Demon's head.
sound familiar?
I can't wait for Nitro 2000 so i can watch this whole feud

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thunder In Paradise has the most confusing episode layout. I'm missing a bunch, but they weren't put on the DVD only the long as fuck episodes were. There's like ... oh jesus,... like 18 other episodes I'd have to track down.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm pretty sure I stumbled onto a pedophiles account while trying to find more episodes of Thunder In Paradise in English. They have all these episodes of the little girl from Thunder In Paradise...

Oh yeah, I forgot this is the PPV where Vince Russo went off script and made Jeff Jarrett lay down for Hogan, and then Hogan cut a SHOOT promo on Russo. WCW 2000 is just great

Looks like the first official airing of Nitro is immediately following Raw on Monday Night:
fZQv1Gu.png

So that's probably when the rest will be accessible again.

Vampiro vs. Sting looks like the WCW 2000 version of a Bray Wyatt/Undertaker feud we'll never get. "The Demon" Dale Torborg, of course, is Kane.

and now Russo is SHOOTING on Hogan. this shit is just so bizarre, man

tm24

So I'm watching the Rikidozan memorial, and I may do a mini review for it but nothing major. I did want to say this. Gran Hamada is the most athletic 50 year old wrestler I've ever seen. He's not like, 'oh he's good for 50' he's just straight up good and so smooth in his executions. I see where Ayako gets it from.

Negro Casas is pretty great too at 50+

This is gonna sound very silly, but is The Rock still technically Rocky Maivia in canon? Hear me out. He was called by 'The Rock' a few times pre-Nation as a nickname for Rocky Maivia, and he was still called by 'Rocky Maivia' for a bit after officially becoming 'The Rock'. Also, his chants are 'Rocky! Rocky! Rocky!' and he acknowledges that as chanting his name.

You have to ask yourself this though: does it matter? I think if you're being honest with yourself, you have to say, "No. It does not matter."

I wish they would stop shitting on Doink. I can't be the only one who marked for Doink.

Evil Doink is alright, good Doink sucks and Dink Doink is the worst. Honestly they had so many shit characters in that time period that I wouldn't even rank Doink with the worst until you add Dink.

Recall

Did anyone ever kick out of Stan Hansens lariat in AJPW? When he hits it, it doesn't seem to matter how long it takes for him to go for the cover it is a guaranteed pin.

I like finishers being finishers but just wondered if anyone did kick out. Anyone get the rub?

PInk Tape

Banned
Now sis there's no need to make friend Aiii and certain other posters feel weird.

I mean they are underaged girls who transformed into twentyish year old women, so it's ok.

Gonzalez

Banned
Did anyone ever kick out of Stan Hansens lariat in AJPW? When he hits it, it doesn't seem to matter how long it takes for him to go for the cover it is a guaranteed pin.

I like finishers being finishers but just wondered if anyone did kick out. Anyone get the rub?

Yes... But only after Hansen rolled around on the floor for awhile, but Hansen if you know from past Hansen matches that he can still get the win even when he's incapacitated for a moment. Forgot who it was against, though. Might have been Misawa(might have happenend a couple of more times too with a different wrestler)?

I actually kicked out of one the other day in KoC II(the non running attack version), and I started marking out.

No one's kicked out as far as I can recall - I think Misawa and maybe Kobashi kicked out of the standing lariat or lariat to the back of the head, but no one's kicked out of the full-force running lariat. Andre managed to fall out of the ring after taking it, so he didn't get pinned.

Recall

Yes... But only after Hansen rolled around on the floor for awhile, but Hansen if you know from past Hansen matches that he can still get the win even when he's incapacitated for a moment. Forgot who it was against, though. Might have been Misawa(might have happenend a couple of more times too with a different wrestler)?

I actually kicked out of one the other day in KoC II(the non running attack version), and I started marking out.

Against Kawada in 95 for the Triple Crown, Hansen beat him after waiting 45 seconds and rolling about holding his arm then going for the pin. It felt a little insulting but I guess Hansen is considered a legend and that is just how it rolls with how protected he was.

Anime is kind of like wrestling I guess.

Both are pretty dumb most of the time but hit some high, highs in the 90's before taking a nose dive in the 00's.

Both are just hard to let go of once they have their teeth in you.

I am 100% OK that I never got into Anime though. A few months I watched Dragon Ball Z growing up and that time during college I hung around with this girl and she put on spirited away in her place is about all I got.

Oh and Pokemon but I was 10/11 when that stuff got huge in the late 90's.

Top Bottom