• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

strobogo

Banned
I have a lot of school dreams, but they are usually always about how I've skipped so much that I can't remember my locker combination or schedule. And it's always in a mix of my high school and middle school. This was not one of those dreams and it was a brand new school. It has me legit shook.

Recall

I need some 90's AJPW to watch while away working for the next 3 days. I have plenty of downtime and can access YouTube and Dailymotion so any links or available vid suggestions would be perfect. Thanks guys!

Son Of D

Just skimmed through Raw. Yeah I can see it being a weaker one. Would have been funny if the Mizzdow thing was ongoing and led to Sandow winning the IC title. HeelDust could be interesting. Although I can't see there being much for them if they beat Usos at NoC.

strobogo

Banned
I need some 90's AJPW to watch while away working for the next 3 days. I have plenty of downtime and can access YouTube and Dailymotion so any links or available vid suggestions would be perfect. Thanks guys!

You should watch as much of the Jumbo/Misawa feud as you can find.

I'm gonna watch some SNME and hope it eases my troubled mind.

Bored, so did a WWE Judgment Day 2007 recap. Thanks for reading! Feedback/discussion welcome!

Click here for the WWE Backlash 2006 recap. Click here for the WWF Backlash 2001 recap. Click here for the WWF WrestleMania 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Backlash 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF King Of The Ring 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Fully Loaded 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF SummerSlam 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Survivor Series 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Armageddon 2000 recap. Click here for the WWF Judgment Day 2000 recap.

WWE Judgment Day 2007
- May 20, 2007. Brands: Raw, SmackDown!, ECW. Attendance 10,500. Scottrade Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
- JR and King for Raw. Tazz and Styles for ECW. JBL and Cole for SmackDown!

Singles match: Ric Flair vs Carlito
- Way too technical of a match to start the show - Carlito works Flair’s arm for a lot of the match. A five minute arm bar does not make for a hot opening match.
- FINISH: Flair locks in the Figure Four and Carlito taps.

6Ek1mw2.png
BACKSTAGE: Todd Grisham interviews HBK, who gets attacked by Randy Orton.

RECAP: A du-rag-wearing Mr. McMahon wins the ECW Championship.

Handicap match for the ECW World Championship: Bobby Lashley vs Team McMahon (Vince McMahon (c), Shane McMahon and Umaga)
- FINISH: At just over a minute in, Lashley spears Umaga, then hits a running powerslam on Shane for the win.
- Post-match, Vince says that since Lashley did not pin him, Lashley does not win the title.

BACKSTAGE: A doctor tells HBK that he can’t allow HBK to go out to the ring to compete tonight.

Singles match: Elijah Burke vs CM Punk
- I have no idea who Elijah Burke is. I’ve heard the name, but had no idea what he looked like or what his character was.
- Lots and lots and lots of kicking in this match. Punk’s injured ribs played a role in the storytelling of the match.
- Athletic match - I know the move is overused a lot these days, but we get an always-cool-looking suicide dive through the ropes by Punk.

- Joey Styles was such a good announcer - very emotional.
- Burke hits the “Elijah Express” which is an awesome running knee move to Punk’s back

- FINISH: Punk hits GTS for the win.

BACKSTAGE: Kristal interviews Edge, who says the Rated R era has begun.

Singles match: Randy Orton vs Shawn Michaels
- Orton’s music was awesome - “HEY, NOTHIN YOU CAN SAY…”
- Orton wanted to take a forfeit victory, but HBK managed to make it out.
- HBK looks dazed and weak.
- Orton lifts HBK, but doesn’t deliver the RKO out of compassion.
- FINISH: Almost dead HBK goes for the Sweet Chin Music but collapses cause he’s so weak. Ref stops the match.
- Post match, Orton RKOs HBK. “Oh, you no-good bastard!” yells JR, haha.
- HBK’s wife comes out and cries as doctors take HBK out on a stretcher.

BACKSTAGE: Todd Grisham interview Khali. Ranjin Singh translates and says Cena’s got no chance.

Tag team match for the World Tag Team Championship: Lance Cade and Trevor Murdoch vs The Hardys (Matt and Jeff) (c)
- Admittedly, had this match on, but wasn’t really paying attention. Had zero interest.
- JBL puts himself over on commentary - how the APA was the best tag team in history
- Jeff went for a sunset flip over the top rope, but Murdoch moved and Jeff landed back-first on the floor. Ouch.
- FINISH: Jeff over via the Swanton Bomb.
- Post-match, Hardys shake Cade and Murdoch’s hands, who shake back. Good sportsmanship.

Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship: Batista vs Edge (c)
- A few weeks prior, Edge cashed in his Money In The Bank at the right time on Taker.
- FINISH: Spinebuster by Batista on Edge, who then took advantage of Batista’s injured leg to roll him up.

Two out of three falls match for the WWE United States Championship: Montel Vontavious Porter vs Chris Benoit (c)
- MVP's inflatable entrance is laughable. Was it supposed to be laughable?? Almost as bad as Miz’s inflatable Awesome sign.

- Pretty boring match, but I always thought Benoit matches were.
- MVP picks up the first fall with the Playmaker, after Benoit’s leg gave out.
- FINISH: MVP rolls up Benoit for the win. Crowd is silent cause no one cares.
- “People are gonna remember this date in this man’s career,” JBL says of MVP.

- JR hypes the next PPV - One Night Stand happening in 2 weeks. 2 weeks!? Oye.

RECAP: Khali is in the monster role, but Cena won’t back down.

Singles match for the WWE Championship: John Cena (c) vs The Great Khali
- Funny crowd shot where this one girl’s freaking out about seeing John Cena and her boyfriend can’t help but just stand behind and look like a doofus.

- On the outside, Cena kicks the ring steps into Khali’s legs.
- Cena connects with a leg drop off the top rope.
- FINISH: Cena over after Khali taps to the STF.

- Wow, very lame PPV. One of the lamest I've ever seen. I had always heard of this “great Khali/Cena match” - maybe that happened at One Night Stand a month later? Lack of Trish Stratus in this PPV stinks, too.

Recall

You should watch as much of the Jumbo/Misawa feud as you can find.

I'm gonna watch some SNME and hope it eases my troubled mind.

Your coverage of it has gotten me quite intrigued. I've seen all the go to 94-97 AJPW matches with Misawa and Kawada, but never a Jumbo match.

strobogo

Banned
Your coverage of it has gotten me quite intrigued. I've seen all the go to 94-97 AJPW matches with Misawa and Kawada, but never a Jumbo match.

Jumbo was fantastic. The Jumbo/Misawa feud had a different match style than the Misawa/Kawada/Taue/Kobashi matches. Much less focus on head drops and more of an early version of that with 80s NWA style and high drama.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jumbo is truly a once in a century talent. Absolutely amazing, perfect mind and work... He's truly something else. Upper echelon if not THE upper echelon.

jmdajr

Lol at Sunny's dream. I sometimes have dreams that um..well, don't involve my significant other and I don't know if I should feel bad about it. I mean dreams sometimes don't really mean anything except scrambled past experiences or stuff that would never happen, but anyhow. It's not like ScarJo would ever give me the time of day anyway.

Other strange random reoccuring dreams involve messed up shit like running around nakid, teeth falling out, hair falling out, running through the streets escaping giant monsters, parents being sick and dying, being stuck in a dark ocean.

Sometimes though I have dreams where I am cool as fuck. I'm buff again, incredibly agile and acrobatic, superhero shit... and people love me.

In a way it's better waking up from the nightmare. At least I think, "phew that wasn't real", as opposed to ".....oh..:\"

strobogo

Banned
Jumbo is truly a once in a century talent. Absolutely amazing, perfect mind and work... He's truly something else. Upper echelon if not THE upper echelon.

Top ten all time, no doubt. He was the most perfect blend of 70s/80s NWA style with the All Japan style, which became more and more high octane as the 80s went along, and he had such a great mind that his skills didn't deteriorate at all into his late 30s/early 40s, despite his physical gifts starting to fail on him. It's especially crazy considering how much rougher the style was at the end of the 80s and he was as good as ever.

You aren't shot of me yet Wrasslegaf. I'm just spending time with visiting family, which basically means I let them watch what they want on my TV.

Which isn't wrestling.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Pitchfork

Might as well crowd source your music tastes to a barrel of monkeys

Alucard

Banned
Raymond Rowe post-surgery post-motorcycle accident:

rayroweupdate.jpg

And ROH still with that kayfabe:
"“Nothing will stop me! “ – Ray Rowe

A statement from a man of few words, as he was wheeled out of recovery from major surgery this past Thursday.

Ray’s surgery was a result of a comminuted spiral fracture of the humerus bone in his left arm. Dr. Jose Rodriguez estimated that surgery would take 3 and a hours. Due to his muscle and bone density the surgery ended up taking over 6 hours. The surgery consisted of having 2 metal plates and multiple screws being placed into the bone.

Dr. Rodriguez and rehab therapists put Ray’s return to physical activity at 3 months. Ray is less than a week into recovery and is already surprising Dr’s with his advancement and determination. 3 times a day he is doing sets of 500 squats!

“My mind set isn’t about a bone healing, its about getting back inside that ring, standing side by side with Hanson and destroying reDRagon to claim the Ring Of Honor World Tag Team Titles!”

The road to recovery may be a long one for Ray Rowe, but for Ray Rowe this is a road bump on the path towards greatness in Ring Of Honor.

BHZ Mayor

Whenever I have a school dream it's always either about me being back in my high school band or skipping/somehow forgetting that I had a class for the entire semester until it's time for the final.

Mengetsu

Also why would Nintendo release a game for Arcades first when their home system is struggling for games?
Nintendo is not releasing that game. GameFreak is and they're a 3rd party company. Nintendo technicaly doesn't even own the Pokemon franchise they do but they have a good relationship to keep Pokemon on Nintendo platforms only.

Browny

Banned
Raw viewing figures:

Monday's episode of WWE RAW, with John Cena's return, drew 3.97 million viewers, down from last week's 4.19 million viewers.

For this week's show, the first hour drew 3.859 million viewers, the second hour drew 4.057 million viewers and the final hour drew 4.005 million viewers.

And no Monday Night Football to slaughter it either... Cena's return, no Ambrose and no Bork...

somedevil

Raw viewership for 8/25

8pm: 3.859
9pm: 4.057
10pm: 4.005

Avg: 3.974

Down 215,000 compared to last year. Emmy's did 15.6 million viewers.

Top Bottom