• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT2| What? It's almost September.

Recall

Raw 2007 in London we got 55 minutes between HBK and Cena, has there been a long match on RAW since? Say 35-40 mins or is the likelihood of that long gone?

jmdajr

W08044.jpg

strobogo

Banned
Awkward Twin Towers moments:

• Akeem gets lead out by police, one of whom is black and giving him the most amazing "Is he fucking for real?" look.
  • Gene asking the Twin Towers about their terroristic attacks

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

• Akeem gets lead out by police, one of whom is black and giving him the most amazing "Is he fucking for real?" look.

Goddamn that is weird

somedevil

Meh. Still pre-season. No one gives a shit about that.

You say that but a Johnny Manziel preseason game where he gave the middle finger did 7 million viewers.

Raw 2007 in London we got 55 minutes between HBK and Cena, has there been a long match on RAW since? Say 35-40 mins or is the likelihood of that long gone?

Last weeks match between Ambrose and Rollins is the longest is going to happen on Raw. It got 21 minutes.

Zach

You don't have a gif for this? Stroooo...

Hasney

Eh, Monday Night War isn't great, but another new one tomorrow. Could really pick up once they start looking at it go to shit and interview Russo though.

Penguin

Eh, Monday Night War isn't great, but another new one tomorrow. Could really pick up once they start looking at it go to shit and interview Russo though.

I enjoyed it, but curious how long it will be

Since ep 1/2 pretty much went through 95-97

Hasney

20 episodes. You know 18 and 19 will be the Russo years.

The way they're carving through this, I don't think it will be all chronological. Next episode is a focus on the WWE shift, so I'm thinking that the first 10 will be the overview and the last 10 will be more in depth about particular details.

alstein

Full of guys = 3. Most dead guys from the late 90s were due to drugs or obesity later on and had been wrestling since the 80s. What does Benoit having a ton of brain damage have to do with Malenko's size and push?

If you're talking about the Radicalz, Malenko's the only one with a good ending

Eddy and Benoit died, and Saturn has had a ton of problems including ending up a methhead at some point- it's shocking he didn't die.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
rnOudms.jpg

I wish a 3rd party had done the Monday Night Wars series so that we don't just get WWE spin on everything.

Are you saying you don't believe the WWE spin of DX being the greatest stable of all time that single handedly saved WWF and sold way more t-shirts than the New World Order? Is that what you're saying?

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
rnOudms.jpg

Are you saying you don't believe the WWE spin of DX being the greatest stable of all time that single handedly saved WWF and sold way more t-shirts than the New World Order? Is that what you're saying?

I'm too dazzled by Bull to answer that. All I know is that the Lex Express was the most over thing in WWF and Luger leaving was a HUGE blow to WWF as he was Hogan 2.0

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well it seems Devitt is going to keep the paint gimmick when he comes to NXT going by his twitter:

ibgobQufCvu2F1.gif

would be awesome but I doubt it. well... maybe for NXT, no way for when he crosses over

also, I see carnage, venom, spawn... whats the other 2?

Hasney

would be awesome but I doubt it. well... maybe for NXT, no way for when he crosses over

Why not? Stay away from the copyrighted stuff and it should be fine. He'll need something to stand out.

Laughed way too hard at this, and the top comment:

My friends still think the Chris Benoit Saga is part of a huge storyline, wat do u think stuff3?
stuff3 said:
I've only seen the scooby doo wwe crossover movie.

strobogo

Banned
If you're talking about the Radicalz, Malenko's the only one with a good ending

Eddy and Benoit died, and Saturn has had a ton of problems including ending up a methhead at some point- it's shocking he didn't die.

I was not. I was talking about JesseEwiak saying a bunch of stupid, condescending shit while being the MOST annoyingly smarky asshole of anyone in the threads. As usual.

Any idea who is scheduled for the WWE tryout camp next month?

(answer) – some ROH and Dragon Gate names, that’s all I can say.

Just some scuttlebutt inside WWE, but they clearly know something.

Also, don't know about Devitt's gimmick making it to the main roster but it could be a fun NXT thing for a while.

Top Bottom