• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Have you guys seen the new Microsoft insider spilling the beans all over the place? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=760013

A bit of excitement to help you temporarily forget who our Prime Minster is!
HOLY FUCKING SHIT CRACKDOWN 3!!!!!

That's if it's legit... haven't entered the thread yet.

Edit: Guess I'll get a One eventually. Seems it'll be like the PS3 was for me last gen: Buy main console at launch(ish), enjoy until game that can't be avoided appears on other console (was GT5 on PS3 I think... may have been something else?), heat and serve.

Sounds a bit like a marketing technique to me.

Could be. I don't really care as long as the info is accurate, because he dropped a bunch of announcements in quick succession. It's a whole lot more exciting than some awkward conference.

If there are more "viral marketers" here, please feel free to disperse info in a similar way!

Disinfo campaign by NeoGAF to draw heat from cboat after someone tried to out him.

Hahaha I'm sure Reddit is a blaze with conspiracy theories. Don't forget we are all in the pocket of Sony. I'm wondering why my cheques haven't arrived yet?

Damn! What a day in rumours!

jcfz.gif

ntkrnl is a new insider, confirmed legit by Bish.

• Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros."
  • White Xbone incoming.
  • Why all the leaks? Scared you might get caught? "I am incapable of fear. Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad. "
  • Halo Anniversary 2 will be 1080p, iffy on the 60fps, maybe not.
  • Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
  • Multiplayer confirmed for HA2, same devs as Halo Anniversary.
  • Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
  • Is not Phil Spencer
  • Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist." May have involved stealing stuff from the Chinese (though I think that may have been a reference to the name and maybe not the gameplay? Not sure...)
  • Fable Legends is Summer 2015
  • Halo 2 Anniversary includes beta for Halo 5
  • Gears of War will probably need a 2.5 year dev time.
  • First Titanfall DLC is 45 days from release, then another one 120 days from release.
  • No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title.
  • A list w/dates of the rest of the Tier 2 and Tier 3 countries that Xbone will release in this year.
  • No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly.
  • $399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive."

CBOAT appears and says Titanfall will have 16 maps and that the shitty textures from the alpha are final and won't be improved for the X1 release (PC gets high res ones).
At which point Respawn employees immediately say that's bullshit.

Seems like MS went on a cboat hunt, giving out false information to try and nail him.

The thread from yesterday where ekim (leaked Source 2 stuff, works/worked for Valve) was mistaken as cboat had an interesting tidbit
the idea that I might be CBOAT apparently drew Microsoft people to me, which, honestly, makes me afraid.

UPDATE: Actually, another insider Thuway is backing cboat up... who knows!

And that's not even going into the Nintendo stuff!

VITALITY SENSOR IS BACK!

ITS GONNA SAVE THE WIIU!

QOLP FTW!

/expl0des

Deeku

lol it's kinda funny how people are bothering with the nintendo financial meeting. i mean, are people expecting like some serious news from an analyst briefing re strategy. most of it is probably just bs, and all the analysts in the room are probably thinking...new strategy? what's this mean for capex??? how are you gonna be profitable again? ie stuff gaming people don't really need to worry about..

Rahk

lol it's kinda funny how people are bothering with the nintendo financial meeting. i mean, are people expecting like some serious news from an analyst briefing re strategy. most of it is probably just bs, and all the analysts in the room are probably thinking...new strategy? what's this mean for capex??? how are you gonna be profitable again? ie stuff gaming people don't really need to worry about..
So... Miyamoto won't be wearing his Link suit?

jambo

This is NintendoGAF being told there's a 99.99% chance that nothing will be announced during the financial meeting

Id5VTg2.gif

Bullshit! They announced DS games are coming to the WiiU eShop!

That's huge man!

Now I can play old DS games on my crummy Gamepad display! Match made in heaven!

Jintor

Significant shifts in Nintendo strategy such as mobile or third party stuff would have announced there. I man, you probably weren't going to get game announcements, but as people interested in the future direction of the company, it was legit to follow

Quasar

Significant shifts in Nintendo strategy such as mobile or third party stuff would have announced there. I man, you probably weren't going to get game announcements, but as people interested in the future direction of the company, it was legit to follow

I just would have thought it being too soon for Nintendo to decide on substantial structural changes to the company and its direction.

Deeku

C'mon, it's totally the wrong venue for that sort of announcement. It was a financial meeting post 3q earnings release! People just saw the word strategy and decided to get excited about nothing.

Jintor

I just would have thought it being too soon for Nintendo to decide on substantial structural changes to the company and its direction.

I can only hope they've been doing some serious research and behind the scenes stuff in preparation for a post q4 announcement if they're embarking on changes

C'mon, it's totally the wrong venue for that sort of announcement. It was a financial meeting post 3q earnings release! People just saw the word strategy and decided to get excited about nothing.

When's better? It's probably not the ' hype events' of e3 or a direct!

Nintendo avoided using the hype of E3 as if it was a plague of sweaty fanboys so a cut and dry financial meeting is the perfect place to announce Quality Of Life products, DS games for the Virtual Console, Mario Kart release date and licencing out their IP more!

Farkin hell. Leaks, viral marketers, CBOAT snares, Nintendo conferences.... How am I supposed to get any work done today?

Latest drop...

You fucking guys.

PLATINUM GAMES

Project Nagano

March 2016

Deeku

I can only hope they've been doing some serious research and behind the scenes stuff in preparation for a post q4 announcement if they're embarking on changes

When's better? It's probably not the ' hype events' of e3 or a direct!
It would have to be e3, wouldn't it? It's a consumer focused deal. Sure it would be a move to just please investors, but as a company it's probably in their best interest to spin it as a "now you can play nintendo everywhere" type thing. Like, you could have miyamoto jump on stage during Sony or something lol!

Also, woo holidaysssss! I finally started putting some time into SMT4. Holy crap was that first couple hours tough!!!! But I've made some progress now and game is gooooood!

Jintor

Farkin hell. Leaks, viral marketers, CBOAT snares, Nintendo conferences.... How am I supposed to get any work done today?

Latest drop...

You fucking guys.

PLATINUM GAMES

Project Nagano

March 2016

I wonder what the effective difference between a leak and a spoiler is lol

Theres a sequel to The Trip set in Italy. Also, the movie version of The Trip is on Netflix. It seems to have cut out mainly meals/impressions from the episodic version- which were the best bits.

Zelda ALBW seems to have a firm grip on my life for the next week or so.

Gonna have to wait for the dust to settle on the nintendo and MS stuff before commenting. Nintendo must have a lot of those vitality sensors in a warehouse.

Shaneus

OH FUCK

>_<

JUST MEMBERED THAT MY WIIU GAMEPAD DOESNT REACH THE TOILET

<_>

GOOD JOB TENDO

I HAVE TO PLAY MY DS GAMES IN FRONT OF THE TV NOW

:(
Don't you have a porta-potty for the boy? Problem solved.

Latest drop...

You fucking guys.

PLATINUM GAMES

Project Nagano

March 2016
So to clarify... Platinum games title for One in 2016? I bet it's still 30fps lolz

Dead Man

So, this is going to make me look very silly, I'm sure, but my Firefox search bar google search is only showing US results, how do I get it to show relevant results or search Google.com.au instead? I told google I am in Australia in the location setting, and it still does it when I use the FF search bar.

Edit: Irritatingly all the ads they serve are for Australian sites. :/

Edit2: Never mind, bodged it, it works well enough now.

Shaneus

So, this is going to make me look very silly, I'm sure, but my Firefox search bar google search is only showing US results, how do I get it to show relevant results or search Google.com.au instead? I told google I am in Australia in the location setting, and it still does it when I use the FF search bar.

Edit: Irritatingly all the ads they serve are for Australian sites. :/

Edit2: Never mind, bodged it, it works well enough now.
Holy fuck, I've had that problem for months, and I literally just fixed it hours ago. I think you need to delete some Google cookies and enable location awareness in options. At least, that's all I did (the cookies that end in "PREFS" was the suggestion) and it worked.

Edit: Proof!
PvT4ChI.png

Dead Man

Holy fuck, I've had that problem for months, and I literally just fixed it hours ago. I think you need to delete some Google cookies and enable location awareness in options. At least, that's all I did (the cookies that end in "PREFS" was the suggestion) and it worked.

Edit: Proof!
PvT4ChI.png

LOL. Location prefs in google search, or elsewhere?

Edit: I tried following these instructions: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/179386?p=settings_location&hl=en

but the damn location option never came up on search tools. I ended up using the mycroft site to add a custom search engine to the search box.

I should buy this keyboard. It would probably be quiet.

New Best of the Worst came at a good time. Needed that laugh, so good, best in ages.

Theres a sequel to The Trip set in Italy. Also, the movie version of The Trip is on Netflix. It seems to have cut out mainly meals/impressions from the episodic version- which were the best bits.
Yay!
Yeah the movie cut is incredibly odd. I always tell people to watch the miniseries. So much better and not really that much more effort to watch.

Don't you have a porta-potty for the boy? Problem solved.

So to clarify... Platinum games title for One in 2016? I bet it's still 30fps lolz
What? Fuck that! No poop containers for me! Doesn't even need steps to get up to the turlet now thankfully.
Still needs to learn when he has wiped his arse enough though >_<

Also yeah 2016. CBOAT hinted at it a while back and this new insider certainly took an axe to the MS boat, heh.

Shaneus

LOL. Location prefs in google search, or elsewhere?

Edit: I tried following these instructions: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/179386?p=settings_location&hl=en

but the damn location option never came up on search tools. I ended up using the mycroft site to add a custom search engine to the search box.
Location prefs in Firefox. Options, privacy tab, "Geolocation information". But only after you delete them Google PREFs cookies (maybe just ditch all Google cookies, to be sure). But it 100% worked for me.

hamchan

I like that a lot of people think the Xbone leaks are controlled leaks because the list of stuff is so boring and predictable. I'm sure there's a good Malcolm Tucker quote about leaks that could be used here.

Waikis

I like that a lot of people think the Xbone leaks are controlled leaks because the list of stuff is so boring and predictable. I'm sure there's a good Malcolm Tucker quote about leaks that could be used here.

Do you know what happens if a government cant leak? Dark SHIT builds up. And then it bursts.

Stackboy

Ooh I should hurry up and finish season 2 before then!

The second season wasn't great, but in comparison to other Australian dramas, it was spectacular.

Another Forza Horizon game this year could convince me to buy an Xbone. I thought I was in the clear with the Halo 5 delay rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom