• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they start checking CC details I will be so so sad :(

Especially since they have told us in the past to just put in a US address lol

Yes, but the dummy account needs to be the primary account on the PS4.

How much does that change things for the rest of the console? Does that mean you need to stream games to the Vita from the US account? Can you change which is considered the primary account at any time?

senahorse

WxFwkKz.jpg

haha, I like how the brand reads like Dodgy

Yeah it can be changed anytime. Not sure about vita, will try and let you know.
Awesome, main things is that it can be swapped around at ease.

I have much love for Sony allowing these kinds of things.

Nah, I'm happy with what I got.
Heh, meant more that I should order 2 and flip one to get my outlay down to $400 total :)

Already bought $200 worth of EB cards to buy a Vita tomorrow though!

PSA: http://files.ozbargain.com.au/upload/93415/19229/psvitaeb.jpg
3G Vita with Killzone Mercs for $199 tomorrow to Sunday at EB

Also 2 free PSM games for Vita and those with compatibly phones on the day the service launches here (18th December) and then another 2 free in January. Actually, maybe PSM is already here for Vita, I don't fucking know >_<

Fixed that for you :). You have been donig a great job for them in recent days, I hope they reward you :p

lol nope, no rewards here! I'm more pro-consumer than anything so it just happens that Sony have their systems setup to allow the savy consumers to work things for their benefit a lot easier than the other 2 platform holders :)

This Amazon digital store could be a huge game changer to make things more competitive, brings us deeper discounts like Steam do.

I just go where the bargains are!

senahorse

Well I think your octobargain needs to report on more PC game sales so my lazy ass doesn't need to click on multiple threads :D

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
This weather is messing with my head. Yesterday we hit nearly 40c and it was kinda windy. Today it's 22c and raining. Ugh can't we get something in the middle?

image.png

Well I think your octobargain needs to report on more PC game sales so my lazy ass doesn't need to click on multiple threads :D

Ha, I post the main ones but most of the sales are just repeats of old ones I've already posted!

Although I really should post more bundles. They are so much work though :(

senahorse

image.png

Ha, I post the main ones but most of the sales are just repeats of old ones I've already posted!

Although I really should post more bundles. They are so much work though :(

I would pay cash money for an octobargain service that let me set prices on games and trawled the Internet day and night automatically purchasing for me.

I would pay cash money for an octobargain service that let me set prices on games and trawled the Internet day and night automatically purchasing for me.

My main issue is working out what price is good at the time, in case another deal knocking another 10-20% off could be just around the corner. Especially if the purchaser isn't going to touch the game for a month or more

:)

senahorse

I guess that's why it's up to the user. For instance, I want prison architect, but I will only pay $10 for it, so that's my threshold.

lexi

Banned

Seems way too complicated.

I suggest we instead figure out how to clone a virtual copy of my consciousness that can make all sorts of decisions for me, not just when to buy games.

senahorse

Seems way too complicated.

I suggest we instead figure out how to clone a virtual copy of my consciousness that can make all sorts of decisions for me, not just when to buy games.

but then it would just clone itself and so on, and we would have a lexi overpopulation problem or lexinet

Gazunta

FUCK Mar that looks amazing. Is it going to be a lot of work getting fixed?

Speaking of pinball the Humble Weekly sale got me like a billion Pinball FX 2 tables including Marvel ones for $6 so that's me sorted for a while. I'm amazed how well this runs on my archaic (2010?) computer.

Speaking of computers I have been tasked with buying some media centre PCs for the office. Where should I start looking, AusGAF?

RATES ARE GOING UP AGAIN

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

THEY JUST FUCKING RAISED THEM ON THE LAST SET OF BILLS

THEY SAID THE EXTRA CHARGE WAS TO AVOID RAISING RATES

YOU PACK OF LYING FUCKING CUNTS

FUCK YOU

FUCK YOU YOU CUNTING CUNTS

15c A DAY EXTRA TO HAVE A FUCKING POWERLINE TO MY HOUSE

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME

I HOPE YOUR OFFICES BURN TO THE FUCKING GROUND

Shaneus

Hm. Only saving ~$70 if importing here, and that's not counting the missing warranty or troubles with BR regions I'd have with an import. Guess I'll wait (or see if any bundles aren't sold out, I played that Kameo-like game at a kiosk and it wasn't half bad).

Edit: This I was not aware of. DC has a date?
RqWTQAl.png

Edit #2: Enslaved for PC, $10. Worth it, people who own it on another platform?

I thought you were renting rep, do you need to pay rates in Vic when renting?

My Council rates went up too. From $1300 to $1600 :(

Whoops meant power & gas rates are going up.

Pack of fucking cunts they are.

Where the fuck is Electricty Bill Shorten when I need him.

Switch to dodo power and gas. 30% off electricity and 20% off gas usage.

I'm paying roughly $50/month for both power and gas.

Best chance to get it in the next week or two, yes?

Edit: What does "Not for sale" mean? Is that a fuck up or something?

To me it seems that someone who returned a faulty PS4 got a link to add a replacement console to his account, and shared it online.

Order it and find out.

senahorse

Whoops meant power & gas rates are going up.

Pack of fucking cunts they are.

Where the fuck is Electricty Bill Shorten when I need him.

Wait till that toxic carbon tax goes away, you will see prices plummet, Abbott told me so.

Also, we are currently beating them at their own game:

ibeatyou_zps4cb300fd.png~original

My Council rates went up too. From $1300 to $1600 :(

I hope you mean $1600 a year. Not sure how it works down there but in Qld we pay per quarter, it's currently about $360/quarter for us.

Edit: This I was not aware of. DC has a date?
RqWTQAl.png

Pretty sure I remember March being tossed around when it was delayed. Seems probable that it would come out in February though as that's a blank spot for Sony.

Would be the most intelligent thing to do if the game is ready!

Hm. Only saving ~$70 if importing here, and that's not counting the missing warranty or troubles with BR regions I'd have with an import. Guess I'll wait (or see if any bundles aren't sold out, I played that Kameo-like game at a kiosk and it wasn't half bad).

Savings have gone down due to exchange rate. 91 cents :(

I always pay in AUD and let my bank charge me for international transfer fees, always works out cheaper than paying in USD.

Shaneus

So this followed me home and found its way into my garage:

BZ9-xSDCcAApdQM.jpg
Fucking sweet! First thing: White playfield rubbers, make the game faster. Then maybe some new flipper bats that don't look aged (unless they're deliberately that colour). Then make sure it's suitably steep because no-one likes a home game that doesn't punish you.

How's it play?

If you have an EU/AU PS4, you should download the local update.

The 1.51 update downloaded from us.playstation.com is almost 900mb but the same downloaded directly on the PS4 is around 300mb.
The AU file is actually identical to the US one. There's the firmware update file , and there's the recovery file (which is the bigger one you're referring to). The recovery file is intended for people who are putting in a new HDD , so it includes the firmware plus Playroom. The smaller file is the firmware update file and contains just the firmware update. The AU and US firmware updates are identical:
Nevermind, they are indeed the same file (MD5 hash ed49d42a08a0927f0692a2372d9e9e6e).

Aussie link: http://au.playstation.com/home/news/articles/detail/item663043/Update-your-PS4-system-software/

US link: http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps4/#update-computer

That EU community manager (Chris Owen) is on drugs.

Mar

FUCK Mar that looks amazing. Is it going to be a lot of work getting fixed?

Not much at all, as it's already playing beautifully. A friend of mine fixes all of the machines at my local so he was there when the machine went in. An hour or two later and it was running like a dream.

Fucking sweet! First thing: White playfield rubbers, make the game faster. Then maybe some new flipper bats that don't look aged (unless they're deliberately that colour). Then make sure it's suitably steep because no-one likes a home game that doesn't punish you.

I'm getting new flippers just to have them look authentic (the original comes with white flippers and red rubbers). As for upping the difficulty, I've been tempted, and in fact if I lived alone I would. But honestly, Bride of Pinbot is such a brutal game. I don't mind being brutalised (and it's one reason I love the game), but Fiona gets bored quickly of drain after drain. It was meant to be a pinball machine for both of us, Bride is not really a game anyone can enjoy, so I'm leaving it on the current settings so she can get some enjoyment out of it too. And besides, even though it's easier compared with others I've played, it's still not a friendly game in the slightest. The fact that it doesn't have a ballsaver is a good indication of what a bitch it is!

It is a lot easier than any other Bride I've played though. I've already smashed my previous high score on other tables by triple, and that's with 3 balls instead of 5...

While I could leave the machine as is and not spend a single cent more, I've made a list of some small improvements that I want to buy:

Metallic red drink holder (bending down or walking to pick up your beer is a pain (first world problems)).
New flippers and rubbers.
Some LEDs (some globes don't work, and her left nipple is not flashing, if you know what I mean).
New back glass lifter plate (current one is broken).
3 new balls.

All that will come to about a grand total of $70, which makes me very happy.

Last but not least I need to step down my ROM version. The latest ROM has a multiplayer bug so I'll need to find another chip from somewhere. At the moment it's not a big deal though.

In the end, I'm still coming to terms with the fact I can just walk in my garage and press a button and play pinball. It's really a bizarre feeling. The pubs of Newtown are going to drop in revenue by half I'm sure.

Danoss

RATES ARE GOING UP AGAIN

Gotta get the profiteering plans out of the way early before they can no longer blame the carbon tax.

A mate of mine said it best when he pointed out if he wants to dispose of large amounts of waste, he needs to visit the tip and pay by weight to do so. If he instead burnt it all off in his backyard, he'd get a knock on his door and a fine for doing so. Why should big businesses be able to send a lot of their waste into the atmosphere and profit from it?

Dead Man

Gotta get the profiteering plans out of the way early before they can no longer blame the carbon tax.

A mate of mine said it best when he pointed out if he wants to dispose of large amounts of waste, he needs to visit the tip and pay by weight to do so. If he instead burnt it all off in his backyard, he'd get a knock on his door and a fine for doing so. Why should big businesses be able to send a lot of their waste into the atmosphere and profit from it?
That's... a good question. The obvious answer will be that they are accountable to regulatory bodies about what they burn and how, but they still do things that would get individuals fined.

the day is complete. Tony Abbott compared himself to Aung San Suu Kyi.

Oh god.

Edit: The system wars are raging today in gaming. No particular thread, not holying. Just all over the joint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom