• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

Had an unbeatable lunch today. Schnitzel, chips and a schooner of beer for $5.
woDX9V6m.jpg

Don't know why they wouldn't use barrels like everyone else. Still, $5 is a steal.

Quasar

Hmmm. Is something up with the PSN? Can login, but cant get to the store nor any video services, or live from playstation.

Kritz

Banned
Had my first day of Film class today. Shit was rad. Got to play around in the UTAS film studio dicking around with lighting and cameras and green screen and general set production / management.

It's honestly kind of refreshing to be doing a class outside of the computing campus. Lots of new people. Actual gender ratios in classes.

We were split into groups of six or so, and the dudes and gals I got paired up with were totally chill people. I started off pretty useless but kind of found my groove as we got more into it. Got to pretend I knew anything about image composition and helped people align / focus their shots.

Always wanted to do film as a kid, but at some point I veered off into computing never to return. I dunno, whole thing was just pretty exciting.

Jintor

rad man

i'm dicking around a bit with the sony vegas trial. I haven't video edited in ages. I'm just making a montage clip vid but heck it's still fun

Fuck. I would have ordered that twice! Insane deal! Gimme!

I will next time.

woDX9V6m.jpg

Don't know why they wouldn't use barrels like everyone else. Still, $5 is a steal.

Ha ha ha ha. You dumb bastard. It's not a schooner... it's a Sailboat.

Move to qld ffs.

damn that's cheap. Sounds like the perfect pub lunch.

It was pretty spot on.

Wow, where? The pub near my workplace serves the same for 30 bucks :(

Place near work in the city.

Gazunta

Oh fuck thanks for reminding me I have to make a sequel to my Kickstarter video in the next three weeks shiiiiiiit

Glad you had a great first day Kritz!

So I've been speedrunning Dishonored lately on Any% and man it's fun. Been dicking with twitch too and I found some settings which work really well albeit it's a bit low quality but what do you expect with no local servers. Closest is singapore.

Deeku

to skip convertin, just get a youtube downloader extension and download directly from youtube in mp4 format.

edit: oh, assuming you're getting stuff from youtube that is lol

Had my first day of Film class today. Shit was rad. Got to play around in the UTAS film studio dicking around with lighting and cameras and green screen and general set production / management.

It's honestly kind of refreshing to be doing a class outside of the computing campus. Lots of new people. Actual gender ratios in classes.

We were split into groups of six or so, and the dudes and gals I got paired up with were totally chill people. I started off pretty useless but kind of found my groove as we got more into it. Got to pretend I knew anything about image composition and helped people align / focus their shots.

Always wanted to do film as a kid, but at some point I veered off into computing never to return. I dunno, whole thing was just pretty exciting.

Sounds great mate. I've always wanted to do something like this.

Danoss

to skip convertin, just get a youtube downloader extension and download directly from youtube in mp4 format.

I was just assuming they came from somewhere else and/or were only available in flv. If they are on YouTube, then this is definitely the best option.

If using Chrome, they're not on the web store, but there are a number of options available outside and are easy to install.

Jintor

edit: oh, assuming you're getting stuff from youtube that is lol

i tried a bunch, quality was terrible every time :<

scrubbing from twitch ---> flv ---> mp4 seems to work out tho

It turns out the analog nub on my new (to me) PSP is buggered. Using the JoySens plugin, I worked out that it believes the centre of the axis is in one corner and the extreme end is 2% of the range away from said corner. I opened the thing up, gave it a thorough cleaning (though I didn't check the connection from the A/D to the motherboard) and it's still stuffed. My guess is a bad contact somewhere in the back or some grit in the potentiometer itself, either of which I can solve by cannibalising another PSP or just getting another. Shit's infuriating.

All I wanted was to play some games on the damn thing. This opening up the console and messing about with its obsolete innards is something that rightfully should only ever be done to classic cars
and Classic Nintendo consoles
. I don't even want to get a new one since I have PSN licenses (PSOne games) on it now.

Anyone in Bris Vegas have a dead PSP-1000 lying around?

I use Format Factory to convert everything. Mainly because I've been using it for like 9 years now lol

Great to hear! Hope you keep at it.

Hey VKS!

Buy a Vita!

Darklord

Banned
When is South Park unlocked on steam? It says it's available now but will only pre-load and has no time on the store page anymore.

Hey VKS!

Buy a Vita!
No!

Money is very much an object right now. I can see myself doing it somewhere down the track, say, after a year, but not now.

Honestly, if it weren't for Every Extend Extra, I could live quite happily without an analog nub. Stuff like the GTA and GoW games don't really have much appeal to me and the rest of the stuff I've loaded on there have consisted of JRPGs and PS1 games. I didn't even notice anything was wrong until I found EEE for like $10, loaded it up for old times' sake and watched the cursor immediately and irretrievably fly off to the top left hand corner.

But yeah, as it is, it renders EEE just about unplayable.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Titanfall season pass. There goes my purchase. Stupid fucking idea, season passes and paid dlc. I just hate that shit.

hamchan

are you watching Australia destroy Ecuador? it's world cup time.

Nah, I'll watch the World Cup though. Not feeling that great about it since we're like the worst ranked team but maybe the team can surprise everyone.

Reading the smh blog for this Ecuador game it looks like Aus has messed this up lol.

senahorse

Hahahaha, a prelude to the World Cup, Aus LOSE after a 3 Nil lead. *Hides Aussie citizenship and and pulls out British passport* GOOOOOOOOOOO ENGLAND!

Opened up my PSP again, cotton swabbed everything and tried the thumb pad without any of the faceplate screws in place... It works! It works terribly, but it does work well enough to fix with joysens.

Then I put the faceplate screws back in and it goes back to being broken. Definitely bad contacts. Now I just need to work out how to press those contacts together mechanically when the faceplate is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom