• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

I wake up and Jack Tretton is not SCEA CEO anymore, and Watch Dogs apparently looks like shit compared to its reveal. Back to sleep.

Darklord

Banned
What's a good Japanese restaurant around Melbourne? Ever since I went to Japan I've really been craving some good Japanese food but so many I look at are overly fancy shit, I never had any of that while I was over there. Any recommendations?

What's a good Japanese restaurant around Melbourne? Ever since I went to Japan I've really been craving some good Japanese food but so many I look at are overly fancy shit, I never had any of that while I was over there. Any recommendations?
I'll hunt down the name, but there's a tiny one off Little Bourke in the heart of Chinatown down some alley. Helpful I know!

Edit: It's called Yamato, and it's here. Not as good as in Japan, but it's the style you're probably after.

romulus91

Go for dodo instead, pricing is almost the same (dodo is cheaper depending on your bundle), d/l speeds are slightly better (1.5Mbps) and customer care is better than TPG.

trust me i would have if not for me signing up already...... they have delayed installation for 3 weeks. sucks while at uni

Quasar

Go for dodo instead, pricing is almost the same (dodo is cheaper depending on your bundle), d/l speeds are slightly better (1.5Mbps) and customer care is better than TPG.

Thats bloody awful. Thats AdSL1 speeds. I get around 12Mbps. Though I am about 1km from my exchange.

As above Yamato is good and straight forward. Also Tokyo Tepanyaki (shit website) in South Yarra has been a solid night out with friends and good authentic Japanese in my last two visits. If you like sushi instead try Matsumoto in Brunswick. They're my picks from personal experience anyhow.

EDIT: I haven't eaten here but if you prefer the Japanese noodles/soups fast eatery style try this one - Little Ramen Bar

Jintor

So with an April 25th release date for DSII I'm wondering where the best place to preorder would be.

I hear it's region locked, but hopefully not so as to affect Australia.

So with an April 25th release date for DSII I'm wondering where the best place to preorder would be.

I hear it's region locked, but hopefully not so as to affect Australia.

WHELP
BiEv8eNCUAASkgJ.png:large

Jintor

Steam's region-locking is odd. Not sure how it works out yet, or whether it blocks cross-regional gifting (i.e. the Wilflare method). I haven't bought a game through outsiders since it went into effect though.

Steam's region-locking is odd. Not sure how it works out yet, or whether it blocks cross-regional gifting (i.e. the Wilflare method). I haven't bought a game through outsiders since it went into effect though.

It can yes. Depends on the makeup of the region lock. Can check in the Steam Database usually.

I'm sure SteamGAF are discussing it right now either way.

romulus91

on the topic of dark souls 2 .... where do people typically import their games from? i have been using ozgameshop for the last 2 years with pretty decent prices etc

on the topic of dark souls 2 .... where do people typically import their games from? i have been using ozgameshop for the last 2 years with pretty decent prices etc

OzGameShop before the postage hike, Zavvi before the price hike, BeatTheBomb locally before they became really random with competitive prices, eBay recently for a lot of really good new game prices shortly after launch.

Thats bloody awful. Thats AdSL1 speeds. I get around 12Mbps. Though I am about 1km from my exchange.

I meant actual d/l speed, not the connection speed, which ranges from 12-15Mbps.

OzGameShop before the postage hike, Zavvi before the price hike, BeatTheBomb locally before they became really random with competitive prices, eBay recently for a lot of really good new game prices shortly after launch.

I'm switching to digital d/l for PSN via amazon. Dollar is down, import prices are up. Amazon does great deals so I'm sticking with them. It's a shame than PS4 and xbone games are overpriced even on stores like OGS, DC and play-asia. :/

So, I caught this today.

What do I do with him?

I wake up and Jack Tretton is not SCEA CEO anymore, and Watch Dogs apparently looks like shit compared to its reveal. Back to sleep.

New guy is the creator of SEN, Sony looks well poised for the digital future. Sad to see Tretton go though.

I hope that the new WD trailer is from PS3/360 footage. Looks really dated.

Quasar

I meant actual d/l speed, not the connection speed, which ranges from 12-15Mbps.

Well that's what I was talking about. Download speeds. Which I guess equates to 1.5 megabytes per second. Maybe its just units confusion over megabytes v megabits.

Quasar

Well. I'm into my third day of my PS4 unable to keep a connection to the PSN long enough to download anything. So I still can't try out Dead Nation. :(

EDIT: it seems like my whole problem is an issue with the DNS proxy service I use, unblock-us.

romulus91

yeah, have used them.... dungeon crawl is also worth a look with free shipping for ps4 and x1 at least if you want next day delivery :)

digital is smart but i love physical too much

also anyone ever bought games from videoezy?? preordered FFX for 30 dollars and Ground zeroes for 32 for ps4 then their prices skyrocketed - they dont seem too legit

Quasar

I'm switching to digital d/l for PSN via amazon. Dollar is down, import prices are up. Amazon does great deals so I'm sticking with them. It's a shame than PS4 and xbone games are overpriced even on stores like OGS, DC and play-asia. :/

Hopefully the amazon PSN codes thing stays viable. I guess with that option gone all it will do is get me to buy only PS4 exclusives for the PS4, everything else on PC.

dinopoke

From what I understand with Dark Souls 2, gifting is region locked so you can't get the game from a trader. The keys themselves are not region locked so you will be able to import the game or get them from places that give keys such as GMG. However, Namco can do dick move and region lock the keys at the last minute. That's probably unlikely though as the stores don't mention any region locking and they will probably provide you with new keys if it ever happens.

So the gist of it is that you can't get someone to gift it to you so the next best thing is to get it from a trustworthy online store. Green Man Gaming is selling it for 40USD if you use the coupon OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1.

Rahk

From what I understand with Dark Souls 2, gifting is region locked so you can't get the game from a trader. The keys themselves are not region locked so you will be able to import the game or get them from places that give keys such as GMG. However, Namco can do dick move and region lock the keys at the last minute. That's probably unlikely though as the stores don't mention any region locking and they will probably provide you with new keys if it ever happens.
For past region locked games, didn't they only stop gifting from certain countries (e.g. Russia) that were significantly cheaper than elsewhere? Is that not the case anymore with DS2 and they are blocking it from all regions?

BeatTheBomb have some cheap stuff for 360. $2.50 postage, arrives within 3-4 days.

Red Faction Armageddon for $5
Alpha Protocol for $5
Star Trek (2013) for $10
Risen 2 Dark Waters for $10
XCOM The Bureau for $10
Crash Time 4 for $10
Tropico 4 GOTY edition for $10

Yeah US PSN has been fantastically priced lately. Great deals on Amazon too, stuff like Black Flag at PS4 launch for like $35.

So, I caught this today.

What do I do with him?
Cuddle him and love him and get him all fixed up!

Or just take it to the pound/call the pound.

So cute! Same colour as our cat :)

also anyone ever bought games from videoezy?? preordered FFX for 30 dollars and Ground zeroes for 32 for ps4 then their prices skyrocketed - they dont seem too legit
They are run in the same group as Wow HD (used to be called CD WOW!) owned by Elan Media.

Good enough when they have cheap prices, like when they relaunched. Slow though as the copies come from overseas.

Aww! Love him and hug him and feed him and pet him :3

:(

I just tossed him over the fence.

He was trying to jump but wasn't strong enough to make it to the top of the fence. Started running around when he saw me at first but ended up hiding behind the hot water tank.

The last time I made the mistake of feeding a neighbor's cat, it came back with four friends, and they used to lie around in the backyard rubbing themselves on the gravel.

Ah wait he's back!

dinopoke

For past region locked games, didn't they only stop gifting from certain countries (e.g. Russia) that were significantly cheaper than elsewhere? Is that not the case anymore with DS2 and they are blocking it from all regions?

I'm actually not sure. I had a look further it sounds like it's just only certain countries (Brazil and Eastern Europe). Essentially, Dark Souls 2 is just using the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting - False flag which was introduced a few months ago around the same time as Metal Gear Rising's PC release. I think before this flag was introduced, you were able to trade region locked games but not redeem or play them depending in which flag was used.

Stackboy

Just got the call, picking up my PS4 this afternoon. Great timing, with Infamous out in 2 weeks, Titanfall out next Thursday (PC). Gives me some time to play with my new hardware.

Anyone want to add my PSN, it's StackboyRoyale.

I have a pretty good arrangement with a cat that lives across the road from me. If I get home late at night, say after 10pm, he will come out and I'll give him a good pat. Any earlier than that and he is not up for it.

Just got the call, picking up my PS4 this afternoon. Great timing, with Infamous out in 2 weeks, Titanfall out next Thursday (PC). Gives me some time to play with my new hardware.

Anyone want to add my PSN, it's StackboyRoyale.

I have a pretty good arrangement with a cat that lives across the road from me. If I get home late at night, say after 10pm, he will come out and I'll give him a good pat. Any earlier than that and he is not up for it.
Woo! Lucky bugger. Still frothing for one. Do you already have PS+? If so hope you've been picking up the free PS4 games!

Also yeah cats are weird. Our cat tends to bugger off during the day time and jumps back over our side fence into the front yard when I pull up at home at 4:10pm. After that he just lounges in the house with no interest in going outside lol

AUD is currently at USD$0.91 but we go from $49.95 to $89.95 for digital downloads. Fucking highway robbery asshats.

Australia Tax! Hard work making the water spin backwards in games.

Stackboy

Woo! Lucky bugger. Still frothing for one. Do you already have PS+? If so hope you've been picking up the free PS4 games!

Sure have been!! If I get a one month PS+ voucher that I can't use because I have an existing account, I'll be sure to pass it along to someone here who can use it.

Shaneus

First pic of that cat: cat looks like kind of a dick.
Second pic of that cat: god-damn adorbs cat. Fuck you.

Completely different topic: I wanna buy a juicer. Anyone have any recommendations on brands, sizes, price brackets, which are easiest to clean etc.? I don't even know what they're worth, but they'd be capable of increasing my daily vegetable/fruit intake in the realm of infinitely (because multiplying zero by anything am still zero, hah!).

First pic of that cat: cat looks like kind of a dick.
Second pic of that cat: god-damn adorbs cat. Fuck you.

First pic: "try and look adorable but hide the harbles in case he's a freak"
Second pic: "you didn't try to tie a firecracker to my tail like most people do, can I please sleep on your freshly ironed clothing dear sir?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom