• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

JDownloader is good, lets you pick which quality to download and also which format.

I think main problem is that the stuff exported to youtube is already lower quality than whatever twitch is processing at, so putting it through another conversion process where I can't control the bitrate is murdering it

jambo

All the Bitcoin people are buying up old and new video cards to crunch coins.

There's a definite fear that video card prices could climb up a fair bit if it gets any more popular.

Wonder what I could get for my 2 GTX 670s...

Danoss

you can what the who now

I was just using the DownloadHelper addon for Firefox to grab videos from Twitch when I needed to do so. Combined with DownThemAll, it made it relatively easy.

I use Chrome for mostly everything, but these were/are quite handy. If JDownloader can fill that gap, it'd be quite welcome as Chrome's download management is terribly minimal and there don't yet seem to be any (good) extensions like DownThemAll.

Shaneus

Wonder what I could get for my 6970 with custom cooling on it.

New monitor next week and I do need to upgrade.
I don't think *that* much more than normal, pretty sure (at least, is my assumption) that unless it's latest-gen, the value is in having more cores-per-slot, like the 5970 and 6990. Though I saw someone advertise a 5970 for $200 on OCAU so who knows.

Titanfall season pass. There goes my purchase. Stupid fucking idea, season passes and paid dlc. I just hate that shit.
You didn't see that coming?
Considering their Twitter account said
Titanfall will not have a season pass.
last month it's a bit odd.

I like the idea of Season Passes, the DLC is coming anyway. This means if you plan on buying the lot you can get a discount.

Main thing is if the Season Pass is only available for a limited time up front that's fucked. You are forcing people to buy something with no evidence. If the SP is available months after the content comes out I'm cool with it.

I think I now love Cricket more than video games.
Yeah glad the season is over so I can actually do something productive with my evenings now lol

Was a great series.

Time to dig into South Park tonight! lol

Only 4 days of work left for the month :D

Then formula ones and korea! Yaaaaay.

ooh yay
be sure to regale us with tales of your trip
I'm going on exchange to Korea University later this year :)

There's a definite fear that video card prices could climb up a fair bit if it gets any more popular.

Wonder what I could get for my 2 GTX 670s...

Aren't all nvidia cards basically shit though

at mining ;)

No deals, just Nintendo RRP 4 LYFE BRO.

Unless you are looking for 360/PS3 ports?

PS3/360 ports? Nah, I already have about 50 of those in my STEAM catalogue sitting there unplayed.

There are games I want on Wii U... but I refuse to pay Nintendo prices for them. I would be happy with 3rd part exclusives for a good price.

jambo

Check EB when they have sales, they often hugely mark down Wii U software.

I got Rayman for something like $25 last year during one of their sales.

I just did a quick search on ebay and god damn Nintendo games hold their value!

Almost makes me want to off load games that I dislike and will never play again. Like Mario Kart Double Dash for instance.

UK stuff gets down to around $45ish every now and then.

Maybe we will luck out again with a UK Nintendo store error and get $15 games again! Still need to get back to W101 and start up Pikmin 3 :/

I would be happy with 3rd party WiiU exclusives for a good price.

I can't think of any aside from Monster Hunter though :(

(LEGO City is published by Nintendo and has that RRP lock, so it doesn't count!)

Uk imports? Thats usually the cheapest.

Yeah, I've gone the import route a few times and prices are usually pretty good. I'm just having difficulty finding a good sale at the moment! I have a $40 voucher from the Good Guys cock up at the end of last year, but sadly my store has very little in stock and isn't doing clearance prices (Super Mario 3D World is $90)

Yeah, I've gone the import route a few times and prices are usually pretty good. I'm just having difficulty finding a good sale at the moment! I have a $40 voucher from the Good Guys cock up at the end of last year, but sadly my store has very little in stock and isn't doing clearance prices (Super Mario 3D World is $90)

Does the coupon work online? I never checked that.

I was lucky and had 2 orders partially cancelled, so I got 3D World for $10.

Eh, it's okay. <_>

Does the coupon work online? I never checked that.

I was lucky and had 2 orders partially cancelled, so I got 3D World for $10.

Eh, it's okay. <_>

If it was a STEAM game, I'd wait until it was $5 :p

They have removed all the games from their online store, so it's physical or bust. $50 is a little too much for me. I'm sure something worthwhile will crop up eventually. For third parties, I'd go for Mon Hun, Won101 or Lego City I guess.

Quasar

Though really I don't blame the miners. Its the retailers who I blame, try to get as much money out of people as possible.

Consumers lose out, and card/gpu makers get blamed. A shame they don't somehow punish retailers who charge over the MSRP.

markot

Banned
Though really I don't blame the miners. Its the retailers who I blame, try to get as much money out of people as possible.

Consumers lose out, and card/gpu makers get blamed. A shame they don't somehow punish retailers who charge over the MSRP.

Its called supply and demand.

You have to blame the miners cause bitcoins are stupid and I hope they all go brankrupty

Tommy DJ

I wonder if its the retailers or distributors raising the prices. I know from a friend that money is made off services, cables, and manufacturer rebates. Getting staff discounts off decent hardware? Good luck getting more than $5 off.

Quasar

Its called supply and demand.

You have to blame the miners cause bitcoins are stupid and I hope they all go brankrupty

Well I don't want that. I like the idea of virtual currencies.

And I guess it is supply and demand, but do you see Macs or phones spike in price due demand exceeding supply? (I haven't noticed it) I'm not sure why it is acceptable with PC components.

Quasar

You're what's wrong with the industry.

Yeah. I'm amazed people happily shell out large bucks for nebulous promises of future content.

Of course thats highly hypocritical of me given the number of outstanding kickstarter games I have currently.

markot

Banned
Well I don't want that. I like the idea of virtual currencies.

And I guess it is supply and demand, but do you see Macs or phones spike in price due demand exceeding supply? (I haven't noticed it) I'm not sure why it is acceptable with PC components.

Virtual currencies are stupid and dumb.

Considering their Twitter account said

last month it's a bit odd.

I like the idea of Season Passes, the DLC is coming anyway. This means if you plan on buying the lot you can get a discount.

Main thing is if the Season Pass is only available for a limited time up front that's fucked. You are forcing people to buy something with no evidence. If the SP is available months after the content comes out I'm cool with it.

Yeah glad the season is over so I can actually do something productive with my evenings now lol

Was a great series.

Time to dig into South Park tonight! lol

I always just assume it was as ea was behind the game.

anyone have any experience with TPG adsl+2? i opted for the unlimited plan

Not on the plan, but on the company. If it works well from the start you should be fine. I had major hassles with speed during peak, and after a lot of emails etc. they said they couldn't fix it. Then a week later it was magically fixed and it has been brilliant ever since.

romulus91

Used it for almost 4 years before switching to dodo. Depending on your distance from the hub and quality of the copper, you can get average d/l speed of 1.2Mbps. Upload speed is crappy though, won't cross 100kbps.

cheers.... sounds decent ,, see no need for fibre :p

Eva Green was great in 300. But apart from the music, good camera work and the artistic sets and costumes, the movie itself was slow and flat. Found myself yawning a lot, and even the slow mo fight scenes did nothing to raise excitement. :(

cheers.... sounds decent ,, see no need for fibre :p

Go for dodo instead, pricing is almost the same (dodo is cheaper depending on your bundle), d/l speeds are slightly better (1.5Mbps) and customer care is better than TPG.

I opened up my PSP again last night to see if I couldn't get in deeper and clean all the analog nub contacts right down to the motherboard. Long story short, it didn't work. Either the conductive pad is too far gone (there's a visible internal tear in it) or I've got a faulty part somewhere.

0B6C71EE-2DCC-44C9-A1E9-83237A7E9349_zpsogjkbnhe.jpg

The movement I was getting when the case was off may have actually been random static, because it disappears when I tighten the face plate, regardless of where I'm applying the pressure and the bias toward the extreme upper left remains. I disabled the analog nub in the registry now. Looks like I'll have to stick with analog-less games from now on or emulate the nub on the d-pad.

Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom