• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tie a firecracker to a string and then the string to his tail.

Light said firecracker.

Film it.

The-Dark-Knight-Alfred.gif

Darklord

Banned
I'll hunt down the name, but there's a tiny one off Little Bourke in the heart of Chinatown down some alley. Helpful I know!

Edit: It's called Yamato, and it's here. Not as good as in Japan, but it's the style you're probably after.

As above Yamato is good and straight forward. Also Tokyo Tepanyaki (shit website) in South Yarra has been a solid night out with friends and good authentic Japanese in my last two visits. If you like sushi instead try Matsumoto in Brunswick. They're my picks from personal experience anyhow.

EDIT: I haven't eaten here but if you prefer the Japanese noodles/soups fast eatery style try this one - Little Ramen Bar

Thanks. :)

Tommy DJ

Little Ramen Bar is poison. I had the Hokkaido Ramen once and I reckon I've shaved 5 years off from my life with that amazing combination of ramen broth and butter. Their ramen is significantly different from those not-Japanese Japanese restaurants in that the soup is extremely heavy in comparison. So if you want to give Little Ramen Bar a try, don't go in expecting a light meal though I suspect you already know this since you've been to Japan.

You should banish the awful lemon tree. Because it is haunted.

I've contemplated but at least they put the dead buggers in predictable places. I reckon the minute I get rid of it, they'll be dumping dead things in my box hedges.

hamchan

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/replay.aspx

urgh, i need to pay more attention to the sydney opera house mailing list. I completely missed this and I've been looking to go to a live videogame music thing for years now.

Just watched it. Quite good, large variety of music.

For me the standout was World of Warcraft, that login music is seared onto my brain and it was pretty hype to hear it.

I was surprised at some of the choices... like Lair. Very weird game to choose. Surprised at no FFVII but instead putting FFVI music, was pretty nice to hear. Surprised they chose the calm Oblivion theme over the Skyrim theme too.

Deeku

http://www.sydneyoperahouse.com/whatson/replay.aspx

urgh, i need to pay more attention to the sydney opera house mailing list. I completely missed this and I've been looking to go to a live videogame music thing for years now.
Yeah, freakin Grizzly Bear played at the opera house in Jan when I was in town, totally would have gone if i knew:(

Oh and a bit of a livejournal, we're moving our office to the Sleepy Dawgs capital, North Point! It actually kinda sucks cos Central (where we were) is like the place to be, but Central is also helllllla expensive. So yeah, guess I'll be chillin in WeiShenville for at least the next year or so, or until we start making more moniesssss

Dryk

My girlfriend and I finally got down to the Garden tonight. Grabbed a bunch of pamphlet on the way in and picked a show. Ended up at a rather charming shadow puppet show that even has a 3D segment (which is a thing I didn't realise could happen but makes sense in retrospect).

I wake up and Jack Tretton is not SCEA CEO anymore, and Watch Dogs apparently looks like shit compared to its reveal. Back to sleep.
Will it still be the same on PC?

Shaneus

What does WD look like now? Link! Oh man, I hope the next-gen versions still look bad.

Still the thought of it reminds me of Saboteur. I should finish that someday.

Edit: That Second Son playthrough... the non-interactive bit at the start (that's all I've seen)... is that ingame?!?

Also, is that out now?!?!?

Quasar

So much for me thinking my PS4 internet issues were DNS related.

As I posted elsewhere looking for advice:

Anyway, the past 3-4 days my PS4 has been suffering from near constant internet connection dropouts. It connects to the internet for what seems like 3-5 minutes at a time loses connection (timeout errors being what the PS4 error log reports) and then after a while reconnects. Which means downloading anything, online gaming, or streaming anything is near impossible.

The PS4 networking testing tool doesn't show up anything. I've tried wired and wireless networks to rule out either a dying network cable or some wireless issue.

And hooking my PS3 back up to the same network shows that it gets a stable network connection just fine.

So I guess its a PS4 hardware issue, but that confuses me given its intermittent nature and the fact that even when it loses connection to the internet I can ping its IP address just fine so its not like the interface is intermittently dying.

Any thoughts/suggestions on what to try before I try and ring Sony support on Monday?

Anyone have any advice? what could this be other than a PS4 hardware issue?

the fact that wired has the same issues is a bit weird.
Have you tried doing a factory rest of the PS4?

Or turning off your router and all wifi devices and when restarting the router only having the PS4 attempt to connect to the network? If that works, then it might be your router doesn't handle too many devices on the same network.

Quasar

the fact that wired has the same issues is a bit weird.
Have you tried doing a factory rest of the PS4?

Or turning off your router and all wifi devices and when restarting the router only having the PS4 attempt to connect to the network? If that works, then it might be your router doesn't handle too many devices on the same network.

I have tried rebooting my router. I have not tried a PS4 factory reset.

I'm not sure its the router getting overloaded as it doesn't impact any other device. I could try it though.

I have tried rebooting my router. I have not tried a PS4 factory reset.

I'm not sure its the router getting overloaded as it doesn't impact any other device. I could try it though.

I suggested turning off every device that connects wirelessly or wired to your network before restarting the router because when I first got an iPad years ago, I had a similar issue to your PS4. No other devices on the network had any issues and the same iPad worked flawlessly on other people's networks. New router with QoS fixed the problem.

You could also try connecting the PS4 to someone else's network (friend, relative. etc)

Quasar

I suggested turning off every device that connects wirelessly or wired to your network before restarting the router because when I first got an iPad years ago, I had a similar issue to your PS4. No other devices on the network had any issues and the same iPad worked flawlessly on other people's networks. New router with QoS fixed the problem.

You could also try connecting the PS4 to someone else's network (friend, relative. etc)

The thing is...when using a wired connection, the only devices 'on' are my PC and my PS4. Also its been fine right from launch day up and until this week.

I guess I could connect the PS4 to my phone, but thats hard to test without using my bandwidth up.

Quasar

Have you tried with the PC off? They could be trying for the same IP.

Naah. I set manual IP addresses.

And here's another maddening point.

I just tethered my PS4 to my phone and it seemed to work fine then. But the phone is connected by wifi to the same bloody router. My brain.

So much for me thinking my PS4 internet issues were DNS related.

As I posted elsewhere looking for advice:

Anyone have any advice? what could this be other than a PS4 hardware issue?

Do you get a message "PS4 has lost connection to Wi-Fi network" every couple of minutes?

If so, that's an issue faced by others as well, and was diagnosed as a software issue. I had it too back in December, but it was fixed after the software update. Other people had suggested changing the channel of your wifi, see if that helps to maintain a stable connection with the PS4.

http://community.us.playstation.com...Fi-Connection-every-2-3-minutes/td-p/42137861

Or just connect the PS4 with a lan cable, d/l the latest update and see if the wifi still drops out.

Wow, so titanfall on PC needs 50GB space?

1660900_10152230453211530_1352175149_n.jpg

Yup. Dem high resolution textures.

/s

I dunno. I have no idea what takes up so much space, especially when COD Ghosts with a whole campaign full of like 30 separate highly detailed environments even ignoring all the MP maps was like 30GB max.

It's also a 50GB download. Good luck rep, good luck.

Heh, I would probably just go for a retail copy at that size.

All the sales are on the digital version though, so I'll have to wait even longer to pickup Titanfall at a price I find reasonable :/

(although we might have Azure servers by that point so win win!)

Quasar

Yup. Dem high resolution textures.

/s

I dunno. I have no idea what takes up so much space, especially when COD Ghosts with a whole campaign full of like 30 separate highly detailed environments even ignoring all the MP maps was like 30GB max.

I thought I remember hearing the beta took up heaps because of uncompressed audio. So I imagine thats where some of the 50 GB goes.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just finished infinite jest
I think it is time for some lighter reading

haha holy shit
what did you get

I don't get this image cause they've always had bluetooth. :s

Lol.

All daft punk and regurgitator albums (non box sets, individuals) and the new st vincent.

I wanted beck :(

And go away shaneus. Its dick smiths :p and there's no usb involved, goes to me amp.

markot

Banned
If all cruise liners need enough life boats for all passengers why aren't planes forced to have like eject pods with parachutes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom