• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stackboy

It's also a 50GB download. Good luck rep, good luck.

Download for Titanfall is 21gig compressed, apparently.

Loving the PS4. Everything seems to just work really well, the new control pad feels great for long gaming sessions. I picked up NFS: Rivals, AC4 and COD: Ghosts, plus all the PS4 PS+ games. Don't Starve is the download standout at the moment. I'm going to try to finish The Last of Us before I even start AC4. Keen for infamous next week too.

Any advice on a good headset with mic to buy for PS4? Looking at around $100-$200.

I'm going to try to finish The Last of Us before I even start AC4.
Good call, will lose 100 hours to Black Flag if you enjoyed the earlier games and like being a pirate!

Thinking more and more that it's one of my favourite games of the generation now.

Any advice on a good headset with mic to buy for PS4? Looking at around $100-$200.

They added compatibility with a ton last month.

Reddit have a great list of the options.

The one to get is the brand new Playstation Gold/Gold Wireless Stereo Headset/Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (different names for different regions :/ )
Seems like it'll get a ton of support in the future through the current equalisation app.

If you can source a US one for USD$99 and get it shipped over that would be the cheapest option. Getting great reviews too. Importing through 3rd party sellers is expensive so hopefully Australia gets an official release soon. EB's parent company sells them in the US and UK already >_<

Otherwise, do you currently have a last gen headset? You can buy adapters for most of the ones that aren't compatibly now.

Stackboy

Good call, will lose 100 hours to Black Flag if you enjoyed the earlier games and like being a pirate!

Thinking more and more that it's one of my favourite games of the generation now.

They added compatibility with a ton last month.

Reddit have a great list of the options.

The one to get is the brand new Playstation Gold/Gold Wireless Stereo Headset/Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0 (different names for different regions :/ )
Seems like it'll get a ton of support in the future through the current equalisation app.

If you can source a US one for USD$99 and get it shipped over that would be the cheapest option. Getting great reviews too. Importing through 3rd party sellers is expensive so hopefully Australia gets an official release soon. EB's parent company sells them in the US and UK already >_<

Otherwise, do you currently have a last gen headset? You can buy adapters for most of the ones that aren't compatibly now.

I really didn't like AC3, but AC4 sounds more like what I enjoy out of the AC franchise.

Thanks for the headphones advice!

Talk to me.

Nothing really to talk about. Besides it being your all your fault for me wanting one again.

Had a look around at a few on the net and the prices seem to have substantially gone up since the last time I was looking. Probably for the best as I really don't "need" one.

Final episode of True Detective. Can't believe it's over already :(

Download for Titanfall is 21gig compressed, apparently.

Yeah, Origin is misleading as always. 34GB of the 50GB is uncompressed audio.

1795629_10152231403931530_321306624_n.jpg

Loving the PS4. Everything seems to just work really well, the new control pad feels great for long gaming sessions. I picked up NFS: Rivals, AC4 and COD: Ghosts, plus all the PS4 PS+ games. Don't Starve is the download standout at the moment. I'm going to try to finish The Last of Us before I even start AC4. Keen for infamous next week too.

Good to know. Try out Killzone shadow Fall too, it's the only game that shows the PS4's graphic prowess, before Second Son is out. The MP is fantastic too.

I have the Sony 7.1 headset and it works with the PS4, but the new Pulse one is better since it works with the vita too. I think it's around $120.

EDIT: Scratch that, the new 2.0 one rep posted is better. Currently $130 from amazon but you can look around for cheaper deals.

I have the Sony 7.1 headset and it works with the PS4, but the new Pulse one is better since it works with the vita too. I think it's around $120.

EDIT: Scratch that, the new 2.0 one rep posted is better. Currently $130 from amazon but you can look around for cheaper deals.

Yeah I really want the Gold 2.0, a few GAFfers rave about it for Vita usage so I want to grab it eventually.

Shaneus

Nothing really to talk about. Besides it being your all your fault for me wanting one again.

Had a look around at a few on the net and the prices seem to have substantially gone up since the last time I was looking. Probably for the best as I really don't "need" one.
Pfft. I meant, if you had any ideas of anything specific in mind etc. Gumtree seems to be okay for prices at times, I'd also jump onto aussiepinball.com... it's a tight little community who always want to help :)

Just finished the first ep of Cosmos. I liked it. It's very slick and Neil Tyson has a much sexier voice than Carl Sagan. And his coat that always reacts to the special effects.

I expect lots of kids to talk about star stuff. billions and billions of kids.

Jintor

Just finished the first ep of Cosmos. I liked it. It's very slick and Neil Tyson has a much sexier voice than Carl Sagan. And his coat that always reacts to the special effects.

I expect lots of kids to talk about star stuff. billions and billions of kids.

where to watch plz. netflix?

where to watch plz. netflix?

I just watched it on the local Fox affiliate. Even in SD it looked great.

If you're watching US Netflix through vpn and tunnels and whatnot why not try

http://www.cosmosontv.com/

if that works, you can basically watch any US show the day after it airs on the network websites (some ads, but what are you gonna do?). Star stuff. Calendar. Samsung, Samsung, Samsung, Space is big, really big. Samsung, Toyota having a sale, etc

I downloaded FFVII off PSN because of reasons and am now playing it on the PSP. Can anyone tell me what the best scaling mode for playing PS1 games is on this thing? I mean, it looks okay to me zoomed, but I don't want to lose any of the image.

Deeku

I downloaded FFVII off PSN because of reasons and am now playing it on the PSP. Can anyone tell me what the best scaling mode for playing PS1 games is on this thing? I mean, it looks okay to me zoomed, but I don't want to lose any of the image.
I usually played PS1 games in a 4:3 box.

More importantly though, you need to get Tactics Ogre psp if you haven't already!

Axiom

The space game I always wanted is Skyrim but instead you're on a spaceship exploring the universe.

I want to explore and be rewarded with a mix of crafted and randomly generated quest content. I want the fact quests don't require land masses or aliens to speak English verbally to mean content is really easy for fans to mod in.

I basically want Elite Scrolls. That's pretty much my perfect game, providing I can dumb down the combat enough I don't have to think about it.

I cannot express how upset I am that I held off on that PS4 deal until it was too late. I even had a DSE gift card which would have brought the price down to $430.

I am fucking livid with myself.

The space game I always wanted is Skyrim but instead you're on a spaceship exploring the universe.

I want to explore and be rewarded with a mix of crafted and randomly generated quest content. I want the fact quests don't require land masses or aliens to speak English verbally to mean content is really easy for fans to mod in.

I basically want Elite Scrolls. That's pretty much my perfect game, providing I can dumb down the combat enough I don't have to think about it.

This is the droid you are looking for.

Pfft. I meant, if you had any ideas of anything specific in mind etc. Gumtree seems to be okay for prices at times, I'd also jump onto aussiepinball.com... it's a tight little community who always want to help :)

Was thinking of with a street fighter or Simpsons. I quite liked playing the Lotr one but that's way too much. Will check them out, do they have a classifieds section? I had a look but didn't sign up. I guess I'll have to keep an eye out.

How's your pinball machine going. Getting as much use as you expected?

I cannot express how upset I am that I held off on that PS4 deal until it was too late. I even had a DSE gift card which would have brought the price down to $430.

I am fucking livid with myself.

They'll be cheap again by the time there's enough to bother getting one. Infamous is this month but then there's what, nothing til Wolfenstein in a couple of months and Batman at the end of the year?

Buying ten copies of Danganronpa and handing them out on the street would be a better investment of $440 right now.

They'll be cheap again by the time there's enough to bother getting one. Infamous is this month but then there's what, nothing til Wolfenstein in a couple of months and Batman at the end of the year?

Buying ten copies of Danganronpa and handing them out on the street would be a better investment of $440 right now.

My main issue is it has created a price ceiling for me. Anything over $430 is unacceptable to me now.

WHICH IS INSANE SINCE ITS USD$400 IN THE CHEAPEST REGION IN THE WORLD >_<

I can't see it hitting that anytime soon here in Australia. Lucky if we hit $500 again by Xmas.

DSE will be making sure this kind of mistake doesn't happen again.

And I actually would buy tons of PS4 games, especially with the Amazon US option.
Aside from Infamous I would also play Outlast, Dead Nation, Resogun, Don't Starve, Killzone Shadowfall & Knack.

Tons of indies dropping in March/April too! :(

EDIT: Also remote play! :(

Also I've been holding out on playing Warframe until I get a PS4 too! :(

ALSO after watching Ground Zeroes being streamed today I'm actually super keen to get in on that Snake action! Looked like a ton of fun and looked great on PS4 :(

Also if you do end up handing out Dangan make sure to let me know!
(although I'm holding out for a DD version, love my bubbles!)

Kritz

Banned
Fucking ssd just failed

Maybe this is a sign I should buy the surface...

Or not buy lowest common denominator hard drives and expect them to work for five years

My main issue is it has created a price ceiling for me. Anything over $430 is unacceptable to me now.

WHICH IS INSANE SINCE ITS USD$400 IN THE CHEAPEST REGION IN THE WORLD >_<

I can't see it hitting that anytime soon here in Australia. Lucky if we hit $500 again by Xmas.

DSE will be making sure this kind of mistake doesn't happen again.

And I actually would buy tons of PS4 games, especially with the Amazon US option.
Aside from Infamous I would also play Outlast, Dead Nation, Resogun, Don't Starve, Killzone Shadowfall & Knack.

Tons of indies dropping in March/April too! :(

EDIT: Also remote play! :(

Also I've been holding out on playing Warframe until I get a PS4 too! :(

ALSO after watching Ground Zeroes being streamed today I'm actually super keen to get in on that Snake action! Looked like a ton of fun and looked great on PS4 :(

Also if you do end up handing out Dangan make sure to let me know!
(although I'm holding out for a DD version, love my bubbles!)

Well if it helps you feel any better I also missed out. Probably for the best though, ps3 is still chugging along.

senahorse

I just watched it on the local Fox affiliate. Even in SD it looked great.

If you're watching US Netflix through vpn and tunnels and whatnot why not try

http://www.cosmosontv.com/

if that works, you can basically watch any US show the day after it airs on the network websites (some ads, but what are you gonna do?). Star stuff. Calendar. Samsung, Samsung, Samsung, Space is big, really big. Samsung, Toyota having a sale, etc

Another site to add to the list thanks :). Also if you have adblock installed, no advertisements to sit through :D

jambo

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, though I've been lurking for a while, & just thought I'd say hello.

Welcome

Steam ID?
360 Gamertag?
PS3 thingy?
Twitterer?
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?
Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
iOS gamer or Android user?
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
Jalapeño man?
BACON MAN?
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?
Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Any glass eyeballs?
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Welcome

Steam ID?
Banderdasher
360 Gamertag?
Banderdash
PS3 thingy?
TheSoundOfSleet (This should be Banderdash too... but Sony won't let me have it for some reason).
Twitterer?
@Banderdash
How many of your relatives has the Carbon Tax suffocated so far?

Sexiest Bond: Pierce Brosnan or Sir Sean "The Rock" Connery?
George Lazenby (probably Brosnan)
Would you buy a Crackdown 3?
Yeah... maybe...
Thoughts on Viva Pinata Party Pinatas?
No habla espanol...
iOS gamer or Android user?
Neither
How do you feel about DRM and always on DRM?
I don't actually care that much, but I have noted that the biggest complainers about it are also Steams biggest proponents.
Is Women teh weakest sex in gaeming?
There iz girls in gaeming?
Do you Kooka with Country Cookies?
?
UGG boots. Do you speak it?
?
Red Rock Deli chips are the best chips.
I... don't even know if there is an appropriate scale for how wrong you are.
Picking up a Vita or have a 3DS? OR SNK THINGY?
No, no, and dear god no.
D&D or Board Games or IRL Role Playing or Furry or Capcom fan?
???
Sexy: Karen Gillan? Ricki Lee? Missy Higgins? Insert guy/girl of interest (Lily Cerna, Ella Morton, Mel McLaughlin, kPOP) here.
Keira Knightey or Kate Beckinsale... I guess.
Tony Abbott: Best budgie smuggler or just saggy smarmy arsehole?
He's not my cup of tea... but if you're into that type of thing, I ain't going to judge you.
Jalapeño man?
?
BACON MAN?
Bacon
Interest in alcohol? Scotch and Cider?
Scotch.
Vegemite... Mana from heaven or foul toxic sludge?

Do you plays the Halos or Duties or FieldsOfBattlez?
Halos, Trouts, and off year Medal of Honours... but I avoid multiplayer like the plague.
Any glass eyeballs?
None that belong to me.
Are you the one delaying all the fucking videogames into 2013 killing 3rd party support for the WiiU?
Yeah...
Are you Mayan or can use Maya?
?
Curse of Monkey Island is the greatest game of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom