• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=817993

$399 Kinect less xbone announced.

Go crazy defmutes. Oh wait, you live in Australia. :p
lololol

The 180's continue

What a fucking joke

Knew they would do it. The writing was on the wall. The fat lady sung.

Good.

Fuck Kinect. If I want to play fitness games I'll buy the fucking later. IF I want.

Price is $499 here in Australia.

PSA. Humble bundle are redoing their deals, 1 a day for 2 weeks.
Super awesome!

Ha, Watch Dogs for PS4 900P (even worse for Xbone at 792P) and 30FPS, oh how so many people were fooled into thinking it was going to be 1080P/60, that's almost as funny as Microsoft's Kinect backflip.
Odd since even impressions yesterday was saying mostly around 60 with minimal drops.

Considering the advertising for playstation stated 1080p and 60fps. What say you on truth in advertising?
That was odd, the description was only up for a few days and came out of the blue. Seems like Ubi sent them the information, Sony was pressed for confirmation, Sony asked Ubi if it's correct, Ubi says nooooooo, Sony changes description.

Well, I'm pretty boned.
Unemployed, worked out a plan with my JSA to start Open Universities in June as an approved activity, and now I'll be forced to do the work for the dole shit instead.
Not like I had already applied or anything. Nope. Not me.

Sorry dude :(

I wouldn't hold your breath for a PS4 cut any time soon. Maybe if Xbox overtakes it for a few NPD's in a row, but that's still months away.

The Twitch app will also work without a Gold subscription on Xbox now, which might pave the way for other stuff to follow suit.

Edit:
2XFojzQ.png

Quasar

I wouldn't hold your breath for a PS4 cut any time soon. Maybe if Xbox overtakes it for a few NPD's in a row, but that's still months away.

I'll be amused if Sony responds by bundling the ps4 camera.

Though as long as ps4 demand is as strong in relation to supply theres no need for them to do anything.

I would feel might peeved if I had bought an Xbone already because this means that the already barely utilised Kinect will be even more of a foot note in the coming years. I foresee no more than 2 or 3 worthwhile titles for Kinect for the consoles life. Does anyone disagree?

I also feel annoyed at Sony for pricing the PS4 so highly in Australia. Not a chance in hell I will be buying one until it's cheaper, you hear me Sony?!

Stackboy

I don't care that Watch Dogs won't be 1080p on PS4, I'll still play it

I'm eventually buying an Xbone with Kinect, because my fiance will want to use it.

I'll buy a WiiU at the end of the year, for Smash Bro's and pick up other games. I don't care what the cost will be, but I would imagine there would be a price drop by then.

I want to see Godzilla and X-Men like all youse guys. Not sure when I will see Godzilla, really busy this weekend, but X-Men for sure next Thursday.

Does this mean no regular price drop this year?

:negativeman:

On X1? lol

Just wait for the patented Dick Smith firesale on the Titanfall/Kinect bundle. It's already been down 10% once or twice or a million fucking times. I expect they will try and clear it out ASAP to get the cheap model in front of peoples faces to try and reinvent the cost in peoples minds going forward.

Big sign out the front, "CHEAPEST NEXT GEN CONSOLE HERE NOW!!! $499 FOR XBOX ONE!!!", needs to go up.

Someone hurry up and make me Head of Marketing somewhere. My job is boring.

Danoss

That budget is absolutely brutal.

This country seemed like one of the last few places where it was reasonably fair to all citizens. Not perfect, but nothing ever is.

I fear that this is the beginning of the end for this country. We're fast becoming like the US and UK without any of the positives.

The political mantra of "don't be poor" is spreading so fast, it is terrifying. It is astounding the number and variety of people buying into it. The number of people that disagree and oppose it outnumber those that do, I believe, but the need to push on with our lives and make ends meet is enough of a distraction to dissuade any attempt to actually do anything about it. Things will only get worse.

If you're not born into privilege, your voice matters little and the deck is increasingly being stacked against you so that's unlikely to change. Democracy is giving way to oligarchy.

Axiom

Despite my utter terror over the budget, I've still been looking at getting my first car. I hate driving and have barely done so since getting my licence but now being single again I feel it'd be an important step to get one, at the very least because every girl I talk to seems to live ages away, and general mobility.

So due to my bad depth perception I was looking for a small car with a small ass and a small nose and while I've been looking around - I don't know the first thing about cars and I don't know what sites are reliable for reviews, comparisons, sales and what's not.

As it stands it feels like when I was shopping for my future phone, except I don't understand anything of what anybody is saying about engines and different transmission types.

Any advice would be welcomed.

Gazunta

I love my (incredibly manly) 2 door Barina hatchback, had it for about 5 years now? Love how short it is.

I know nothing about cars, I bought mine because it was small enough to fit into the work car park and it was blue. That was pretty much my entire shopping criteria.

Rezbit

The political mantra of "don't be poor" is spreading so fast, it is terrifying. It is astounding the number and variety of people buying into it. The number of people that disagree and oppose it outnumber those that do, I believe, but the need to push on with our lives and make ends meet is enough of a distraction to dissuade any attempt to actually do anything about it. Things will only get worse.

This is so true. You only have to read the comments on news websites to see people are buying into it. Stuff like "these bludgers need to stop stealing taxpayer money" is becoming scarily rampant. It's like Australia is becoming a Republican America - "fuck you, got mine."

Axiom, check out some Toyota Corolla hatchbacks. Small cars, safe, easy to drive, reliable. If you have a trusted mechanic they are good to talk to as well.

Danoss

A motorcycle is showing itself to be a great money-saver, yet again. Cheaper to run, free parking in Melbourne, no tolls in Melbourne, and it's actually fun to use!

Not a helpful post in the slightest, but maybe one worth a thought if you mainly want transport just for getting around.

Yeah my dad was saying something or other about how the mining tax needed to be abolished because otherwise the miners all would have pulled out of Australia.

Couple of Play Asia weeklies

Omerta City of Gangster for 360 is USD$15 posted
Batman Blackgate for Vita is USD$26 posted
Deception IV Blood Ties for Vita is USD$32 posted

Yeah my dad was saying something or other about how the mining tax needed to be abolished because otherwise the miners all would have pulled out of Australia.

That would be awesome.

Then we can mine our own fucking minerals and reap the rewards rather than letting it all go overseas.

No but you see, Reptile, governments are implicitly evil and unprofitable and therefore we would need to privitise it again as soon as we set up all of the infrastructure to use the mines using taxpayer dollars.

No but you see, Reptile, governments are implicitly evil and unprofitable and therefore we would need to privitise it again as soon as we set up all of the infrastructure to use the mines using taxpayer dollars.
Without those sexy overseas companies taking all our profits though the gubbermant will melt down from overthinking too much on how to make things work without those sexy sexy overseas companies.

In their stead will be robots programmed by noted Australian philosopher Paul Fenech.

Then we can dig some shit up hey bro.

Even the EB games rag is calling them Xbox 180? LOL

Tommy DJ

The price drop isn't enough to make me want a Xbone. Shit, couldn't we have gotten the Titanfall bundle for $500 a while ago? Would have gotten a $80 game and a Kinect to sell on eBay.

Fusebox

Banned
I just went to buy a bit of software from a US site and they're charging me GST. Is this right? Has anyone seen anything like this before?! Can I blame the new budget?

Added a $99 item to my cart and it shows up like this:

Subtotal: USD 99.00
Australian GST: USD 9.90
Order total: USD 108.90

edit: Nvm turns out they are actually an Australian site so I just set my address to the US and saved $10 lol.

I already own Steamworld Dig. And PS+ :p

Oh. Lol.

Uhhhhhhh hmm.

I dunno. Sportsfriends if you live in a sharehouse and have move controllers and the camera?

Child of Light has gotten great reviews and is $20. Maybe read up on it.

Otherwise I'd recommend waiting for a sale on our store.

Actually AC Freedom Cry is only $13 standalone. Not bad if you want a taste of Black Flag but don't want the main huge game.

MAKE SURE YOUR PASSWORD IS SAFE THOUGH!

Would suck for someone to log into your account and abuse your wallet on FIFA points :(

Also what's the deal with there being almost ZERO demos on the PS4 store? The fuck! How do I know if I want to buy COD!

Pretty sure PS Now has free trials of games, along with the full rental option outside the full open slather sub model.

I wanna try a game right meow though :/

Child of Light is $20 on console? That's unusual for Ubisoft, applying $5 console tax.

Not sure if that's console tax or Australian Playstation tax. :(

Quasar

Not sure if that's console tax or Australian Playstation tax. :(

Well according to the EU Playstation blog it was 12 ukp and 15 euros.

Which is about on par with the local release, though a couple of bucks above a converted US price + GST. Which was close enough that I couldn't be bothered chasing the US version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom