• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol

UK was 360zone this generation. PS4 has biggest launch in the UK of all time.

Also lol

kazining.gif

Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World

aTSGn9F.jpg

1 year overtaken in 1 week

Nintendo fucked up so bad with the WiiU. So bad. They have no idea what they are doing in the home market.

I think they will be fine in handhelds, I still feel like consumers will shift back away from mobile stuff or at least not move a huge distance further into it.

markot

Banned
Yes. No idea at all. goes back to playing one of the best games ever along with a great library of terriffic games.

Knack and Killzone? Quality sony products that prove that 'gameplay' doesnt mean shit. I thought the ad for killzone was a joke >_>

Also, the majority voted for Tony Abbot? I guess that means he is a quality product!

Man, I really want to be in a movie club. I have a group of friends who I watch terrible horror movies with, but I want to discuss movies with people in person.

It's good fun. We're mostly made up of blokes from work, so we spend most of the lunch hours (and a fair amount of work time) discussing what we liked or disliked about the week's movie. The non-work members just discuss it through Facebook.

Rezbit chose this week's flick... Snatch.

PS3 500GB HDD unit deals

EB has it with The Last of Us for $299 (you can get Fifa 14, GTA V, Assassin's Creed 4, Need for Speed Rivals, Lego Marvel Super Heroes, Batman: Arkham Origins, WWE 2K14 and/or Battlefield 4 for $38 each with the deal too)

DSE has it with The Last of Us, GTA V, Gran Turismo 6 (the one out this week!) & Red Dead Redemption for $398

What's the numbers look like for the AU figures? I'm hearing the xbone did better than PS4 on launch day?

I've been badgering people on Twitter for some numbers but they haven't said shit unfortunately :(

Would be nice to see X1 take at least one market! Especially since the deal here was easily the best in the world. Especially when you could buy one of the X1/Kinect/FIFA bundles for $529 posted yesterday!

Quasar

What's the numbers look like for the AU figures? I'm hearing the xbone did better than PS4 on launch day?

Which confuses the hell out of me if true. I mean the local narrative for months has been like europe in terms of pre-orders, with the addition now of it being sold out right through to early January.

Though I guess it could simply be a matter of no supply compared to the XBone and even all the pre-order folks got screwed over let alone the folks expecting to walk in and buy one before January.

Which confuses the hell out of me if true. I mean the local narrative for months has been like europe in terms of pre-orders, with the addition now of it being sold out right through to early January.

Though I guess it could simply be a matter of no supply compared to the XBone and even all the pre-order folks got screwed over let alone the folks expecting to walk in and buy one before January.

DSE late Dec stock orders have been bumped to 2014 too I see, there was a notice in store yesterday.

Sony have given us the bum deal really. Higher markup to make every sale here profitable compared to the X1 which is the best deal worldwide.

tl;dr - import as usual lads!

Quasar

DSE late Dec stock orders have been bumped to 2014 too I see, there was a notice in store yesterday.

Sony have given us the bum deal really. Higher markup to make every sale here profitable compared to the X1 which is the best deal worldwide.

tl;dr - import as usual lads!

Amusingly I cancelled my pre-order in the wake of the whole BLOD thing in the US. Figured I could wait a couple of weeks to see if the same thing happened outside the US. Guess I'll be waiting a whole lot longer now.

And now my PS3 HDD has died...or is at least in a death spiral.

Oh god no. Everyone I know turned 21 this year. I think I've heard enough speeches for the time being.

I'd like to thank you for listening to all of those speeches. It really means a lot to me that you could be there on those days, celebrating the lives of all of those friends. They wouldn't have become the adults they are today without people like you yadda yadda yadda every birthday speech is the same.

Quasar

Cheap fix at least! The joys of giving gamers the option to change out their HDD.

Yeah. I know. Basically bought the drive I was going to put in my PS4. Will just swap them when i get round to buying a PS4.

Thankfully the drive wasn't so bad that I got all my saves off it and up to the cloud.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I'm not sure if interesting is the word I'd use, he's something that's for sure but I'm failing to think of an adequate word (especially considering what I was asked as I entered chat just a moment ago).

Fuck.

Lol, poor frawd. What a time to enter

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
I'm not sure if interesting is the word I'd use, he's something that's for sure but I'm failing to think of an adequate word (especially considering what I was asked as I entered chat just a moment ago).
Words can't accurately describe some things that defy greatness.

Shaneus

Because there were actually some available on the shelf to pick up? That'd be my guess.

Shitty understocked launch. Fuck Sony.

New KI thread in gaming suggests that the cloud replaces a real opponent with an AI opponent.

Is there a single xbone game that isn't wrought with malice?
lol seriously? Ahahahaha. If it wasn't for the horrid netcode in FM5 I'd assume the same thing.

You guys should watch the modern classic, "Shoot 'Em Up".
I liek carrots.

Is not $7.50. Wot crack u smokin'?

Because there were actually some available on the shelf to pick up? That'd be my guess.

Shitty understocked launch. Fuck Sony.
Could have imported to have it the business day after launch for AUD$470 !!!

Also US digital deals were $30 12 month PS+, $30 Battlefield 3, all other games $49.

Sooooooooooo cheap!

Is not $7.50. Wot crack u smokin'?
It was a flash deal. YOU OLD AND SLOW TRY AGAIN NEXT TIEM LOLOLOLOLOLOLLL

Quasar

Could have imported to have it the business day after launch for AUD$470 !!!

Personally...I'm willing to pay an extra 50$ or so for a warranty that doesn't involve me shipping my console to the US.

I got burned that way with the PS3. Bought a Japanese unit as it was 500$ at around the time the Australian launched at 999. At some point it had some kind of graphics failure and Sony AU wouldn't even look at it and charge me for repairs as it wasn't a AU unit.

markot

Banned
Please. You people have such bad taste in games that you willingly purchased vitas.

I don't get mad at people who like one direction. I laugh at them. Haha!

Now excuse me while I play two of the greatest games ever while you play killzone and knack. The games John west rejects.

Personally...I'm willing to pay an extra 50$ or so for a warranty that doesn't involve me shipping my console to the US.

I got burned that way with the PS3. Bought a Japanese unit as it was 500$ at around the time the Australian launched at 999. At some point it had some kind of graphics failure and Sony AU wouldn't even look at it and charge me for repairs as it wasn't a AU unit.

Amazon are pretty great for warranty stuff. From the small amount of research it sounds like they would cover the cost of sending you a coffin to get the PS4 swapped, can't be 100% sure until it actually happens though!

wonzo

Banned
Can everyone please take some time out in their day to cast a vote.

at midnight tonight one of the following candidates will be banned from ausgaf chat.

Please vote for one of the following:

Lafiel. - [16:41] <LafielLIBRARY> AusGAF House Party (@ my house) [16:41] <LafielLIBRARY> Free booze, hentai and pods will be provided.

Cruncho - mute and silent person, no one has any clue who he/she is, could be a bot, could be a spy. we don't know and given that chat has personal info discussed often some of us want cruncho banned.
lafiel owns so cruncho it is

Mondy

Banned
I believe you will if you want the extra content for MP and some tablet thing which is like that assassins side-game game from ACII. But you may be able to get Ubisoft customer service to issue you a new code.

If you dont want that, you can skip it altogether.

Yeah nah, that doesn't sound interesting. I'm happy with just the single player.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Good Night AusGAF

You may be able to kill the man.. but you cannot kill the spirit for it will LIVE on in your hearts.

j/k I'm a materialist I don't believe in spirits

But my IDEALS WILL LIVE ON IN THE HEARTS OF ALL.

jambo

Really? I found the 360 version to be pretty good. Frame rate was mostly solid for the entire games aside from a few instances when shit was going off tap.

Plenty of drops to mid 20s, some down to low 20s when heaps of shit was going on. Bizarrely there was no fps cap so at times it will creep up to 40+, which isn't actually that great, too inconsistent if it's fluctuating in a 20 fps band.

I watched the missus play a few hours of it and it was very noticeable to me.

DF face-off

lexi

Banned
Re: Steam sales

Black Ops 2 is 50% off! Bringing it to the low, low price of $60 USD!

Wait, what? Is this fucking game really usually ONE HUNDRED AND TEN US DOLLARS?

edit: ok it's now showing back at the totally fair and reasonable price of a bargain busting $90 USD.

Mondy

Banned
Re: Steam sales

Black Ops 2 is 50% off! Bringing it to the low, low price of $60 USD!

Wait, what? Is this fucking game really usually ONE HUNDRED AND TEN US DOLLARS?

edit: ok it's now showing back at the totally fair and reasonable price of a bargain busting $90 USD.

All digital future, ladies and gentlemen, where companies can charge you $90 USD for gigabytes of data.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom