• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

senahorse

If you had fun with ACIII then you'll love ACIV.

I can't recommend the PS360 version though, the framerate is pretty horrible in places.

PC version also requires a fairly powerful rig, I think it's pretty CPU bound.

Only if you want it maxed at 60fps, if you're happy with console like performance you don't need a very powerful PC.

senahorse

Ah so you can look past the limitations when you can't change the options. I was the same with Last of Us and GTAV on PS3, god awful performance (not quite the same as ACIV on the new consoles because it seems to run pretty damn good) but because I didn't have any other options it didn't bother me as much. Mind you I am still sitting in front of a TV on a comfy couch poang with a control pad so I may as well be on a console, albeit a super console :)

jambo

Ah so you can look past the limitations when you can't change the options. I was the same with Last of Us and GTAV on PS3, god awful performance (not quite the same as ACIV on the new consoles because it seems to run pretty damn good) but because I didn't have any other options it didn't bother me as much. Mind you I am still sitting in front of a TV on a comfy couch poang with a control pad so I may as well be on a console, albeit a super console :)

I'm the same with GTA V. I've got it on PS3 and I'll play it until the day it comes out on PC. After that I'll sell it or give it to someone.

Omikron

New board game arrivals for those that care!

fc32400e5af711e3805212f9dfc57889_8.jpg

Gazunta

Oh what the hell, JB aren't listed the Surface Pro 2 I want any more...don't tell me they stopped stocking the damn things...so close to buying mine now!

Edit: Same for Harvey Norman. Ah damn it

All Blu Rays will be HALF PRICE at Big W on Saturday! Fuckers, why did they do it last Saturday when I was at a Big W!

7 year old game. Good going Microshaft.
Best game in the series by far though. The texture work and atmosphere is unmatched. Was the first game that smacked you in the face and said THIS IS FUCKING NEXT FUCKING GENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN! Loved the dank, pseudo-horror sections.

So your saying it's worth getting? ACIII was the first I'd played in the series and I didn't hate it. I mean it wasn't the best thing ever but I had fun.
Did you see my post on it? Great game.

I decided to ignore GAF and the internet in general and get an XB1. It's pretty sweet so far. Voice controls are actually pretty rad, like more useful than I expected.
Does 'Xbox On' work yet?

I can't recommend the PS360 version though, the framerate is pretty horrible in places.
Really? I found the 360 version to be pretty good. Frame rate was mostly solid for the entire games aside from a few instances when shit was going off tap.

Much much much better than AC3 was!

I was the same with Last of Us and GTAV on PS3, god awful performance (not quite the same as ACIV on the new consoles because it seems to run pretty damn good) but because I didn't have any other options it didn't bother me as much.
Yeah TLoU seems to have a fairly low frame rate. I got used to it though. Just jarring coming from other games.

God damn future. And it's more likely to happen here than the States because commercial drone use is legal in Australia.

Edit:
Did you see my post on it? Great game.

Does 'Xbox On' work yet?
I did not see it, I'll find it.

And yes it does. But only if you set your region to the States. Which makes no fucking sense. It works out of every box, but not on every location setting. What the actual shit? It's pretty god damn rad though. Region free is so good too.

ACIV is recommended if you liked ACII and Brotherhood. ACIII was , in my own personal opinion, totally awful, dull and just badly put together.

ACIV is my pick of the PS4 games I've played so far. Looks pretty good for a cross gen game.

The Amazon drone this is interesting. They have trialled things called Amazon lockers in places like a 7-11, very similar to AusPosts digital mailbox thing. My building collects all the parcels and packages for the tenants and they send you an email to come down to the office to collect it. With the the drones, I'm expecting a quiet tap tap tap on the window and see the drone hovering outside my third floor living room window, while it quietly prints out a 'sorry we missed you' card.

God damn, I want a drone to deliver me something. Anything will do!

I also want to shoot down a drone, and reprogram it to do my bidding.

Xbox Marketplace deal
Dark Souls on 360 for $7.48

I hear it's shit.
Still haven't opened the CE :/

Here's the post sorry, forgot to link!

Sweet man thanks. That does sounds mega fun. While I enjoyed 3, the main character (who's name I forget) was a dick, the forest was boring, and the cities were all pretty samey. I think the only reason I liked it was getting to be an assassin. I still don't understand the stupid present day stuff. Why does it exist? It's pointless. Just set the damn games in the past.

Stackboy

Apologies in advance for quoting from a week ago, but I was away at the beach and didn't internet much.

We had to watch the 1996 Doctor Who TV movie last week in our movie club because one of the blokes was excited for the anniversary episode. Needless to say we wanted to kick that bloke out of the club.

This weeks movie, Unforgiven, should wash away the pain though. Probably watch it tonight.

Man, I really want to be in a movie club. I have a group of friends who I watch terrible horror movies with, but I want to discuss movies with people in person.

Well the Big Day Out just got a whole lot more shit with Blur pulling out. Guess I'll be asking for a refund.

I managed to get AJ to drop some profanity on me on twitter this week. Feel pretty good about myself right now.

Would it be considered trolling if I think Wii U games look better than Xbox One games?

Wish I was able to jump on those insanely cheap Wii U's a while ago. Mario 3D World beckons.

Mario 3D world looks really good on the WiiU.

Not like anybody in Brisbane wants to see each other.

See you at Lansmash on Saturday !!

I really like Need for Speed Rivals so far, but Ford sponsored trophies are a little offputting

Tempted to get this on PC, though I think I will enjoy it more on PS4, when I eventually buy one.

PS+ free stuff for us

Guacamelee! on Vita/PS3
GRID 2 on PS3
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Vita
GTA: Liberty City Stories (PSP version) on Vita

Pretty good haul this time around.

Mondy

Banned
So I'm currently downloading ACIV from the U.S PSN Store and I noticed it has that Uplay passport bullshit. I'm not about to be spoon fed a nice dose of Ubisoft region locking, am I?

So I'm currently downloading ACIV from the U.S PSN Store and I noticed it has that Uplay passport bullshit. I'm not about to be spoon fed a nice dose of Ubisoft region locking, am I?

I believe you will if you want the extra content for MP and some tablet thing which is like that assassins side-game game from ACII. But you may be able to get Ubisoft customer service to issue you a new code.

If you dont want that, you can skip it altogether.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Can everyone please take some time out in their day to cast a vote.

at midnight tonight one of the following candidates will be banned from ausgaf chat.

Please vote for one of the following:

Lafiel. - [16:41] <LafielLIBRARY> AusGAF House Party (@ my house) [16:41] <LafielLIBRARY> Free booze, hentai and pods will be provided.

Cruncho - mute and silent person, no one has any clue who he/she is, could be a bot, could be a spy. we don't know and given that chat has personal info discussed often some of us want cruncho banned.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
?

Edit: Looks like a Melburnian. Shant say anything more than that (I don't know them). If you're here Crunch, speak up!

If anything, that's almost creepier

And since you guys added me to the Ausgaf chat I still have not opened it to say hi haha

Card Boy

Banned
I haven't seen a good 3DS XL for months outside that Zelda bundle that got sold out within 5 minutes. Where the heck are the deals!?

Still haven't bought anything this Steam sale. I'd be proud of myself if it didn't take a new console plus 4 games for me to consider exercising a bit of restraint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom