• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of drops to mid 20s, some down to low 20s when heaps of shit was going on. Bizarrely there was no fps cap so at times it will creep up to 40+, which isn't actually that great, too inconsistent if it's fluctuating in a 20 fps band.

I watched the missus play a few hours of it and it was very noticeable to me.

DF face-off

It's much much much less of an issue than it ever was in the series, on the 360 version of Black Flag at least. AC3 was really jarring to me but Black Flag is one of the best performing open world games on the 360 by far, very rarely did I notice a drop down to the low 20's (mainly due to the design of the game as most of your time isn't spent in gigantic cities).

I usually avoid multiplatform PS3 titles as they range from slightly worse running to fairly worse running lately.

Jintor

kazining.gif

Knack outsold Super Mario 3D World

Quality means nothing. We are doomed to an endless sea of insanely profitable mediocrity from here until the end of time.

Recent Amazon/Steam sale damage:

Spelunky $3.75
Assassin's Creed III $7.5
Far Cry 3 $7.5
Saint's Row IV $15
Papa & Yo $1
Gone Home $5
Total $39.75

markot

Banned
If you are more interested in Knack then a Mario game from EAD TOKYO

Then you are not a gamer, but a big ass lamer.

I'm with omi here, if Knack hadn't been the launch day family title I don't think it would've done as well.
Variety of factors in play here

Launch title
Nostalgic take on PSOne style game
Bright, colourful with impressive character effects
Stronger than expected marketing message
Playable at every demo unit before/during launch
Bundled with console at some retailers (like Mario Bros or Wii Sports back in the day!)
No competition on the platform
Other family friend games are on platforms no one gives a shit about
New IP intrigues the consumer

markot

Banned
You are playing a bad game, just admit it.

Meanwhile, the most fun your family will ever have is mario co op. Fact.

I don't understand why people me are giving Knack a hard time. Maybe it's one of those games that's boring to watch but fun to play like dotas

Quasar

I hope your 3ds melts into a million bits of shrapnel on the floor and you are shoeless!

Its 55 on metacritic indicates that is unlikely.

It is curious that the podcasts I hear are all mostly positive about yet its trashed on reviews.

I didn't mind what I played of Knack on a demo unit at Dick Smith's but it definitely felt like something you'd buy because you need a game to go with your new system rather than something you'd get specifically on its own merits.

Quasar

Gabe...please turn off the Steam sale. Cannot stop.

Bought:
Spelunky
Trine 2
Civ V - Brave New World
Civ V - Cradle of Civilisations Map Pack
Civ V - Scrambled Civilisations
Fez
Dust
AoE2 + Lost Expansion

Omikron

Gabe...please turn off the Steam sale. Cannot stop.

Bought:
Spelunky
Trine 2
Civ V - Brave New World
Civ V - Cradle of Civilisations Map Pack
Civ V - Scrambled Civilisations
Fez
Dust
AoE2 + Lost Expansion

That... is actually a pretty short list for a steam sale!

My damage:

AOEII HD
Poker Night 2
CS:GO
Gone Home
Rogue Legacy
Sleeping Dogs DLC

Gifts Received:
Don't Starve

Gifts Given:
AOEII HD x 3

Jintor

Steam:
The Wolf Among Us
Max Payne 3
Shadowrun Returns
Dragon Commander
Gone Home (Gift for Friend)

Amazon
Walking Dead DLC
Enslaved
Jet Set Radio

To be honest some of these could've gone even lower, but I got jumpy.

Gazunta

Something something buy Assault Android Cactus something something.

OK well I guess I'll keep waiting for my Kid Icarus and whatever else I got from Good Guys. If I get that $40 voucher maybe I can use it to get Zelda or finally get Luigi before his year is over. I'm hoping next year is the year of Cranky Kong.

I thought Good Guys were liquidating their game stock? They're gonna keep selling them?

What were they thinking with that sale then? lol

Facebook is trying to tell you you're a centre leftist.
I haven't liked any politician's pages though... and what has that got to do with sloths?!

I didn't mind what I played of Knack on a demo unit at Dick Smith's but it definitely felt like something you'd buy because you need a game to go with your new system rather than something you'd get specifically on its own merits.
I heard that knack was surprisingly good but was marketed incredibly poorly. I don't think I'll pick it up but if some time down the track I get a PS4 and it's free for the month I'll give it a go.

The greatest gaming news the Wii U could hope for.

So uh has anyone here actually got their Good Guys games? Any of them?
I got uncharted. Still waiting on the other three though. I feel a bit bad for them honestly:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom