• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolfenstein The New Order for X1 is $40 posted for you weirdos without PS4's!

charliexbox.gif

PSA FOR ALL WII U PREMIUM OWNERS.

don't forget to get on here : https://p.nintendo.net/

to get your free eshop credit.

waiting for my purchases to show up, but according to other parts of Gaf you will get the full points for both mario kart 8 + your free game.

meaning $14 of free eshop credit.

Wasn't sure I was ever gonna build up enough for another code so it's nice that the free game counts. Not sure if I wanna get The Mysterious Murasame Castle on 3DS or wait so I'll only be a couple bucks out of pocket for Pushmo World.

Might at least wait 'til E3 to see if they do any "and such and such is available on the eShop RIGHT NOW" kind of releases.

Jintor

I get they want to drive Premium uptake, but what a weird decision to make points cards for store credit only work for Premium bundles as opposed to just working it straight into Club Nintendo, which should theoretically be linked into your NNID anyway

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
01/06/2014 Received an activation code ($7.00) -500pts 41pts
01/06/2014 Received an activation code ($7.00) -500pts 541pts
01/06/2014 Received an activation code ($7.00) -500pts 1041pts

:D

Awesome.

Coz I bought Mario Kart + Free Game + lego batman 2 + injustice.

Total Points Earned 4541pts Number of codes issued 9

:D

Awesome.

Coz I bought Mario Kart + Free Game + lego batman 2 + injustice.

Total Points Earned: 1193pts Number of codes issued: 2

I'm still buying retail games at retail so it took me like a year to get that first code and I only got the second because of the free game.

If they'd tied 3DS purchases into the NNP thing when they put NNIDs on there I'dve gotten another one from Ace Attorney 5 and Umihara Kawase but whatevs.

Yeah I now remember I haven't been able to make an account because I've never bought anything through the WiiU lol

Everything is cheaper elsewhere so eh :)

Danoss

If you have any Australia fast food recommendations, please tell me! Also, some buffet recommendations would be nice.

There's a place or two that have excellent dumplings in Chinatown. It's cheap, tasty and you don't leave hungry. It's not fast food per see, but they don't take long to whip them up.

Laksa from a place in the QVB is great value and the same deal as above.

Jintor

Anyone have the E3 time guide handy? I need to check times for the events cos I might have some early morning stuff to do

Pretty awesome deal. Is that online only? If so, is there some way to avoid the extra shipping charge?

Buy 2 of them. >100 AUD orders (I think that's the magic threshold but you might want to double check) have free shipping.

Alternatively find some other thing you want to make up the price to 100.

HolyCheck

The first ausgaf mario kart 8 tourney is open!

You get 5 hours to race 12 races. Whom ever has the most points from placements at 11pm Aest wins!

MS 10th June 2:30am
EA 10th June 5am
UBI 10th June 8am
SONY 10th June 11am

Ninty 11th June 2am

Times are in AEST.
On the one hand, it's a 2am wake up during my week off and, having turned 29 today, I'm very nearly a grown up and should know enough to get a full night's sleep. On the other hand, there's no hype like Nintendo hype and there's no Nintendo hype like Zelda hype.

Decisions decisions...

HolyCheck

Consoul!

Nice races ;)

I might wait a bit to see if anyone else jumps in so it's not just you and I duking it out lol.

HolyCheck

Holy I can't get this dumb tournament thing to work!

Yeh somethings up with you it seems :O

I tried to join you in an online race and was getting network errors. But no issues with the tourney :( aniseed ham and I just had some races.

Are you able to join other tourneys?

radaxian

I picked up Mario Kart 8 cheap from Big W and have registered the Club Nintendo code for my free game - all good.

The current discounted launch prices are so good I decided to take a risk and try to get some extra eShop games by buying more copies. The rules say you can only take part once per Club Nintendo account BUT I noticed that they give you an eShop download code once the process is complete rather than automatically activating the game on your linked Club Nintendo/eShop account.

So I've bought 2 more copies @ $52.20 each and am planning on taking out the Club Nintendo codes, registering a new Club Nintendo account for each of them, and trying to activate the game codes I get on my normal eShop account. I suspect they've done it this way because they have no other way to assign the games to people and so it should be fine. Maybe someone has already confirmed this?

I'll then sell on the unplayed (but opened) copies of the game via eBay. I'll be clear that they don't include Club Nintendo cards or the free game promotion - but I reckon I should still be able to get $40-$50 for them.

Will let you know if it works out.

Kritz

Banned
my first exam is on the 12th, which is pretty darn close to the press conferences, but I think I'll manage.

By comparison, I didn't think twice about staying up for the press conferences back when I had a job. I'd just turn up in the morning with a few hours sleep.

Always sucked to have to miss the sony conference, though.

Buy 2 of them. >100 AUD orders (I think that's the magic threshold but you might want to double check) have free shipping.

Alternatively find some other thing you want to make up the price to 100.
Will have to remember that. Unfortunately I saw that Sanity had a "5 Blu-rays for $55" deal going, and spent way too much money. DS4 purchase is now on the backburner lol.

Quasar

EA 10th June 5am
UBI 10th June 8am
SONY 10th June 11am

Ninty 11th June 2am

Times are in AEST.

Well. Only the Sony one is on at a reasonable hour. Not that I really care to see them live. Seeing the breakdowns by the blogs and then looking in on recordings of events that have things of interest is my normal approach.

Strangely I'm more keen on the Apple WWDC keynote tomorrow morning (and later Google IO). And I'm not even really an Apple guy (though I do have an iPad). Mostly because Apple does a better job about not blabbing about everything before the event.

Stackboy

EA 10th June 5am
UBI 10th June 8am
SONY 10th June 11am

Ninty 11th June 2am

Times are in AEST.

I'll be getting up at 2am next Tuesday morning to ride the entire hype train.

I'll probably just rewatch the Nintendo stuff on IGN's site at a more dignified time. Excited to see new Smash Bros though.

Quasar

Yeah, totally watching the Sony one at work as I do the other years. Which is fine, because it's the only one that's ever relevant to me.

And really I don't expect to see anything that cool that hasn't already been pre-announced. Certainly not worth sacrificing any sleep time.

Stackboy

I expect big announcements but they'll all be 2015 games anyways.

That seems to be the trend.

That said, I might buy an Xbone late next week, if enough good Xbone games are announced. JB Hi-Fi has a $600 deal for the Xbone with Kinect and 4 games - Fifa 2014, Forza, Titanfall and Watch Dogs.

Shaneus

And really I don't expect to see anything that cool that hasn't already been pre-announced. Certainly not worth sacrificing any sleep time.
Yyyyup. The only thing I recall wasting any precious sleep time on was the Xbox One unveiling, which I really only watched because I fully expected to see PGR5.

Never again.

Edit: Speaking of which, Rep: It appears that Lucid have completely lost their soul. (possibly not news, but heartbreaking nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom