• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

hamchan

Huh, someone made a subreddit for my game. With one post.

I should really start working on that game again...

Serious post, you really should. For some reason people seem to like playing the game, even though it's fairly broken with not much to do right now. I think Minecraft style graphics + Cook Serve Delicious + humour, is a good game design combo that appeals to a lot of people.

quabba

I can't decide what game to choose from the Mario kart promotion. I already have the ones that I wanted so it would be between The Wonderful 101, Game and Wario and Monster Hunter but I'm not really feeling any of them. Would anyone want to buy for the value of Transistor? I think I'd much rather just play that.

Quasar

I've read the books, so no spoiler fears for this season. The show is catching the books at a rate of knots though, so I don't think readers will be safe for too much longer...

I guess that depends on how the next two get handled. Two seasons a piece? That said...going to be bummed if I have to drop the show and try to avoid spoilers if the catch up. Somehow I don't think show folks will be as accommodating as many book readers have.

Dryk

I can't decide what game to choose from the Mario kart promotion. I already have the ones that I wanted so it would be between The Wonderful 101, Game and Wario and Monster Hunter but I'm not really feeling any of them. Would anyone want to buy for the value of Transistor? I think I'd much rather just play that.
That's tempting, asking my girlfriend how well she's enjoying her copy of G&W

EDIT: She mostly just seems confused that I'm asking her for gaming advice

I guess that depends on how the next two get handled. Two seasons a piece? That said...going to be bummed if I have to drop the show and try to avoid spoilers if the catch up. Somehow I don't think show folks will be as accommodating as many book readers have.

More like 1 season to cover both books!

Jintor

tumblr_n2v989NcKL1qzrdsyo2_500.jpg

My Playstation Gold headset turned up today from Amazon.

They are fecking awesome!

Pretty damn good sound quality with stereo/fake 7.1 surround options. Pretty strong bass too when you turn it up from the baseline setting which is too high.
Comfy as fuck, moreso than the G930's were.
Barely any bleed, doesn't tire the ears quickly either.
Just uses a wireless USB stick, plug and play!
Works without effort on PS4/PS3/PC. Vita requires the included headphone cable obviously (so you can use them with mobile/X1/etc obviously).
Charges using USB cable, same as DS4.

Worked out to be just under $99 posted.

Only issue is they don't give you a fucking gold trophy despite it being on the packaging! False advertising! You screwed me good Sony! >_<

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
And I just got a ticket on the train for having my feet on a seat whilst listening to will smiths boom! Shake the room. I've never felt so fucking bad arse.

HolyCheck

Law gaf, what's my best defence.

Because I didn't have my feet on the seat.!

I said no comment when he said if I had any comments.

I don't want a silly fine.
And there's no signs on the train that says it's a fineable offense. Just a picture with feet on a seat with a cross through it.

Dead Man

And I just got a ticket on the train for having my feet on a seat whilst listening to will smiths boom! Shake the room. I've never felt so fucking bad arse.
They give tickets for that? LOL.

Edit: What does the notice say?

My Playstation Gold headset turned up today from Amazon.

They are fecking awesome!

Pretty damn good sound quality with stereo/fake 7.1 surround options. Pretty strong bass too when you turn it up from the baseline setting which is too high.
Comfy as fuck, moreso than the G930's were.
Barely any bleed, doesn't tire the ears quickly either.
Just uses a wireless USB stick, plug and play!
Works without effort on PS4/PS3/PC. Vita requires the included headphone cable obviously (so you can use them with mobile/X1/etc obviously).
Charges using USB cable, same as DS4.

Worked out to be just under $99 posted.

Only issue is they don't give you a fucking gold trophy despite it being on the packaging! False advertising! You screwed me good Sony! >_<
Looks like I might have to grab a pair, seem to do everything I want.

HolyCheck

Didn't get anything other than a generic little pamphlet "so you got a fine?" with an officer number jand written on the front.

Deeku

LOL

you screwed up tho with the comment holy. shoulda been "my feet were not on the seat", that'll hold up in court!

Jintor

Your Honour, we have electronic correspondence where the defendant admits - admits, your Honour, admits to this heinous crime - where he tells his compatriots, nay, his comrades-in-arms, indeed he boasts, Your Honour, boasts of putting his feet on the seats. With no sense of shame, Your Honour! None! No remorse whatsoever. The prosecution is asking for forty years in prison.

hamchan

I'll buy it for W101! Check your PMs.

Quasar

Well due to insomnia I watched a chunk of the Apple keynote. A few things of interest.

Metal, a mantle like api for gaming on ios. Looks pretty cool and will I hope help with some game performance issue. Guess it will make the gap between ios and android in terms of game performance will be worse.

Curious about swift, a new language. Objective C without the C they say. The live simulation of code as you write it to test stuff out looked pretty cool.

They had a whole extension thing for ios so apps could offer up bits of themselves as extensions for other apps. Really hope google gets on this and does some google+ and google drive extensions.

The integration of iphones into the mac to enable you to take and make calls/messages from your mac was cool. Though I have neither a current mac nor an iphone.

ICloud Drive. Google drive for ios/osx. With web access as well. 4$ a month for a 200gb plan is about on the google level. No prices for more, though plans up to 1tb mentioned.

OSX Interface refresh reminded me so very much of aero on Vista.

DealOctopus where can get pro controller for zero dollars

$49 at Target I noticed. EB had them somewhere around there a while back too. EDIT: $36 pre-owned if they have any in-store.

You can get them online off eBay for around $30 but I haven't hunted down an official one for a while, will check tonight.

Danoss

The integration of iphones into the mac to enable you to take and make calls/messages from your mac was cool. Though I have neither a current mac nor an iphone.

I read about this earlier and quite like this and similar ideas. There are things along these lines already with Chrome and Android, but I'd like to see more of it. Sitting down at my PC and sending an SMS from the desktop or throw on my headset and making a call via my mobile would be a nice thing to easily do. I can already do things close to this with an Asterisk server at home and a SIP provider, but it's not the same.

It'd be great for something like this to be system and OS agnostic, so no matter what your preferences are, you can pair certain devices together and have these exchanges between them. Automatic pairing when they're on the same WiFi network, or Bluetooth switches on when the latter occurs ready for whatever. However it's done, it'd be great to see.

Facetime let you do a lot of that but obviously that was just for Mac and iOS users to other Mac and iOS users.

I haven't read too much about today's stuff. I had already in the market for an iphone 6 as my next phone (still using a 4 from 2010)

Facetime let you do a lot of that but obviously that was just for Mac and iOS users to other Mac and iOS users.
I prefer Google's Hangouts as it's pretty much platform agnostic (works in iDevices, web browsers, Android stuff), though it's probably not quite as slick as Facetime (never used it much).

quabba

I'll buy it for W101! Check your PMs.

I checked there was none from you.

I tried the Buy Sell Trade Thread but it's hard in there with an AU code so I'll open it up to AusGaf.

WTS:

I can either give you the Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo Code or I can redeem it and get a download code for your choice of one of these games:

Nintendo Land
NSMB U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic Winter Games
Wii Party U
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter HD

In return I would either,
$20 US PSN Credit or
$20US Amazon Gift Card or
Infamous Second Son or
Make an offer?

hamchan

I checked there was none from you.

I tried the Buy Sell Trade Thread but it's hard in there with an AU code so I'll open it up to AusGaf.

WTS:

I can either give you the Mario Kart 8 Club Nintendo Code or I can redeem it and get a download code for your choice of one of these games:

Nintendo Land
NSMB U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic Winter Games
Wii Party U
Wonderful 101
Monster Hunter HD

In return I would either,
$20 US PSN Credit or
$20US Amazon Gift Card or
Infamous Second Son or
Make an offer?

Oops, must have not sent the PM properly. For some reason the messages I'm sending from the mobile app aren't appearing in the sent items folder. I sent I you another PM, if it doesn't appear for you I'll be back home in a couple of hours and can send the PSN code from the non-mobile site.

Sure, I'll buy you $20 US PSN credit for W101.

Well fuck, just read a GoT spoiler in the "No Book Spoilers" thread :(

My fault for reading the new posts before they had a chance to get deleted.

jambo

Well fuck, just read a GoT spoiler in the "No Book Spoilers" thread :(

My fault for reading the new posts before they had a chance to get deleted.

I was fake spoiled in IRC this morning (not #AusGAF chan) and was pretty pissed off for about 5 minutes.

Definitely not a good idea to look at GoT threads the day after an episode airs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom