• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries.

I've hardly played games in the last year or so, so I don't really have any context to call it clunky or otherwise. Any graphical clunkiness I've been putting down to the fact that I'm running on it pretty low specs.
I think it's more the "old-schoolness" which is the clunkiness. Skills that are virtually useless or redundant (putting points into the three "ass" skills was a waste), having to wait for skill checks and try it multiple times over and over, lots of fiddly inventory and movement and so on. It's not bad, but does feel antiquated.

Fredescu

I think it's more the "old-schoolness" which is the clunkiness. Skills that are virtually useless or redundant (putting points into the three "ass" skills was a waste), having to wait for skill checks and try it multiple times over and over, lots of fiddly inventory and movement and so on. It's not bad, but does feel antiquated.

Fair enough. I don't mind that because I think it's what they were going for, but I'm definitely not a purist who thinks the "old-schoolness" is better. Saving every ten steps and reloading on major failures is pretty embedded in me, but I guess it does get tedious. I'm relatively early on in the game, so we'll see if I manage to stick it out all the way through.

Stackboy

The reboot Crackdown is looking like a 2016 title btw.

Tomato sauce please

Anyone play any cool games lately aside from the heavy hitters?

I still play Nuclear Throne on a weekly basis. It's in early access, but the main components of the game are all there. Coming to PS4 and Vita as well, I believe.

Gamergate being discussed on abc. How it has spiralled out of control

I chuckled hard when the 7:30 report presenter called Zoe Quinn a gamer, rather than a developer. Then the actual news report started and it was all dancey video game music. Way to treat the subject with maturity.

Is gamergate dying or will it be with 4EVA?

senahorse

I've hardly played games in the last year or so, so I don't really have any context to call it clunky or otherwise. Any graphical clunkiness I've been putting down to the fact that I'm running on it pretty low specs. I had a rough idea that it would be Fallout 1/2 ish without having to mess with mods to run fine at 1080p, and it's meeting those expectations so far. Did we end up deciding if Divinity would be playable on the Surface? I remember you tested but I don't remember the outcome.

Barely playable, well if you turned everything down and went under native res it would be ok, maybe it has gotten better with patches etc.

I'm grabbing FC4 on PS4! Played really well at PAX so I'm feeling confident despite lolUBISOFT. The fact that reviews are out tomorrow pre-release is a decent sign lol.

Well I've sold my ps4, that didn't last long.
lol how much did you get for it?

Tomato sauce please
No official source aside from the fact they said it was super early, the teaser was a proof of concept mockup and most of the usual insiders said the studio was only recently setup and the word was 2016 right off the bat.

I still play Nuclear Throne on a weekly basis. It's in early access, but the main components of the game are all there. Coming to PS4 and Vita as well, I believe.
Been hearing some buzz for that, might have to look into it and see how far off the Vita version is!

Is gamergate dying or will it be with 4EVA?
"gamergate" has existed long before it got a catchy title and media attention, game developers have been getting death threats for years and years from these people. The hashtag might die but the abuse and hate filled individuals will not go away.

Even with all the high profile media reports in the last week or two the abuse has only increased with its ferocity. I can't see anything being done currently to curtail the amount of people who subscribe to this behaviour.

Legendary thread in the making. Even better if you can watch Twitch wherever you are, I think.

This is so awesome.

Sad that the newly formed dev studio is going to quietly fall apart I expect. Yet another cock up by SEGA. Keep an eye on your shit and make sure it's good before you let it out in the wild.

Shaneus

This is so awesome.

Sad that the newly formed dev studio is going to quietly fall apart I expect. Yet another cock up by SEGA. Keep an eye on your shit and make sure it's good before you let it out in the wild.
Yup. Clearly they are fond of the hands-off approach, but that doesn't seem to have ever worked in their favour. Ever.

Except when dealing with Sumo, I guess.

Can't wait to watch that stream tonight. Hopefully it'll be more enjoyable than actually playing the thing. Sounds like more of a cock-up than Sonic Heroes.

Gazunta

GUESS WHO JUST STARTED STAMP COLLECTING

B2S6zUGCYAEqtYi.jpg:large

MoonGred

Specifically built for 2-3 players and a little more competitive for space and routes. Europe/USA maps, while still great, aren't good for 2.

Thanks for clarifying this and thanks everyone for all the recommendations.
Ghost stories has been on my list for a while, hopefully i can find a copy!

Darren870

Woot! Australian Visa got approved today. You guys are stuck with me for another 4 years!!

I will be drinking tonight to celebrate. Then again I suppose I celebrate something every night. Proceed with the "F off were full" comments and any other Aussie lingo.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Woot! Australian Visa got approved today. You guys are stuck with me for another 4 years!!

I will be drinking tonight to celebrate. Then again I suppose I celebrate something every night. Proceed with the "F off were full" comments and any other Aussie lingo.

Fuckin aye! Well done.

I'll have a beer for you.

And ah ok 8pm is good, means I can get home clean then play.

aldi8buoo.png

In an odd turn of events ALDImobile has changed again but this time for the better! More data in each plan and now with free calls/text between users, which is awesome as fuck for families and parents.
Got a kid in school who needs a phone? Whack $10 a month on, they can call/text you unlimited times and no need to worry about them using the internet since there is no data!

Wife and I will sit in that $30 bracket perfectly.

EDIT: Runs on the Telstra 3G network btw

Congrats!

MoonGred

Congrats! Weirdly enough I got confirmation that my permanent residency is being looked at and should be finalised shortly

Drama over Obama coming to speak at UQ this weekend
http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...sted-uq-roundabout-demolition/2451880/?ref=hs
Just a tad unreasonable there lol.

Also apparently the college kids took all the invites :mad:

Runs on Telstra 3G network so yeah pretty good. I only went with Aldi due to living in the country originally lol.

There is a good Optus network deal here, unlimited calls/text with 4GB of data for $33 a month. Better for city dwellers!

Oh cheers :D When my optus plan runs out I think I'll switch over, though at that cheap I feel like there has to be something dodgy going on...

markot

Banned
It's a good thing these pointless international get togethers take place in the middle of the busiest cities. I mean, where else would to do them? Some where appropriate? That's un Australian.

It's a good thing these pointless international get togethers take place in the middle of the busiest cities. I mean, where else would to do them? Some where appropriate? That's un Australian.

lol, nah Brisbane is basically empty anyway so it won't be a problem getting people out of the exclusion zone (basically the whole city) for three days. And all our guests won't have to waste time on pointless things like "sightseeing" unless they want to visit Lone Pine Koala park or our fake beach at South Bank.

Congrats. So you're on a 4 year work visa, and are you looking to apply for a Permanent one?

Dimefan3

Hey Aus-GAF, does anyone know of any Gaming/geek related events on NYE in Sydney? I need to book plane tickets on the weekend to go back to Victoria for Xmas, and I'm weighing up wether or not to come back to Sydney for NYE for something different, or if I should stay in Bendigo for a few extra days.

The last few New Years Eves has just been spent at a friends house playing the Wii, and I'm kind of keen to do something different for a change. I'm also mega tempted to go to the Beta Bar in Melbourne...but I wouldn't know anyone...

Hmmmm but I bet Rogue Legacy will be a ps+ game at some point...

I wouldn't expect it to hit PS+ for at least 3 months since they made a big deal out of the PS4 version and it isn't one of the 4 announced titles for Dec/Jan.

Plus at $7 I'm happy if it does pop up :)

It's on my Vita right now Gaz but I need my sleep :(

Deeku

I wouldn't expect it to hit PS+ for at least 3 months since they made a big deal out of the PS4 version and it isn't one of the 4 announced titles for Dec/Jan.

Plus at $7 I'm happy if it does pop up :)

It's on my Vita right now Gaz but I need my sleep :(
Ohh in that case I'll get it. Will also add to my nice pile of games for when I get a ps4 soon!

Also re Queensland/Brisbane, I noticed they started running ads on bloomberg tv (financial news channel) these past few days (g20 related I guess) saying Brisbane is like the "world city of Australia" and how it's the centre of business and UQ business school is the shit. Are they lying? lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom