• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead Man

42.4 in the city? Damn. All the heat radiating from the concrete would feel really great.

Oh man, you have my pity! No airconditioning sucks balls. Please tell me you at least have a fan?
My parents have set up a blow up pool so we can stay cool. Plus we have a brick house that doesn't heat up too much...

That's not a bad idea. Bloke who owns the house has a fish pond out the back that would work... too much slimy algae and fish though. If tomorrow is as hot as today I might be tempted anyway lol. And yeah, got a fan, makes too much noise when trying to sleep though. Later today I think I will be heading to bunnings for a new one. Too hot at the moment. Catch 22?

How's the job hunt going?

Poorly. Still too proud to apply for a shit job, still too underqualified for a good one, and my most recent job lacking a referee probably ain't helping. Oh well. When I get my security license approved it should be fine, just need to survive till then. Could be 6 months, which means maybe 5 months to go :/

/blog post whine

:)

Rlan

Hey Android Users! Colossatron is now available for you too!

9OcknGec7PsrQN5jy17sY8N7auht4HsOzGrOAsfYuzIKfyxJWD8cM16oPLTyW7n1xLSx=h900-rw

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/...buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/colossatron-massive-world/id680436745?mt=8

Do you use Untappd? I'm not usually an app person, but I'm enjoying chronicling my beer expeditions.
I do, I'll PM you my details. If you get to Osaka, there's a nice little brewpub (Tachibana), it's on Shinsaibashi and can be a bit tough to find being in the 2nd or 3rd floor in the basement of a building next to, IIRC, a kabuki theatre. I hear good things about Beer Belly there too.

Ouch. I'm on the other side :-\ Do you know any other places maybe around Coburg area?
You could try the Valley Cellar Door in that area. There's also Blackhearts and Sparrows. The great thing about Blackhearts and Sparrows is that it's right near Alehouse Project (and Temple)!

Deeku

mmmm dat sweet australian fresh/relatively not polluted air:D

so after spending 9 months in a place that is like ultra future city efficiency to the max, first afternoon in sydney already feels like totally ancientbackwardsville lol

Shaneus

Missed out sadly, so I'll wait for the next game :)

Also I've had Proteus for ages, kinda thinking of grabbing the Vita version though!
Yo. Some goodish news for you :)
http://wololo.net/talk/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=36103

PS. Vita Proteus would be godlike. I should get it.

Requires iOS 7? Booooooo-urns :(

nZRpt2x.png

I think I have a problem...
Not resizing screenshots before posting them in forums?

ChewyDev

Neo Member
Anyone tried the Wii U version off Assassins Creed 4? Thinking of picking it up, but not sure on how well it runs with the gamepad.

Jintor

So I've decided to shove Netflix onto my Nexus 7 and tunnelbear my way to watching some TV or something.

How I do this, any advice before I consult the googletrons

lexi

Banned
So I've decided to shove Netflix onto my Nexus 7 and tunnelbear my way to watching some TV or something.

How I do this, any advice before I consult the googletrons

unblock-us.com is probably the easiest, quickest and most reliable service I've used. $4.99 a month.

lexi

Banned
Well, I was asking more about the netflix on android thing because it's blocked through the google play store

With iOS, you need to make a US iTunes account and log in to that account, at which point you can download US apps.

Does the same thing work with Android?

hamchan

Finished Assassin's Creed 4. As someone who was really tired of the series when Revelations came out and despised 3, AC4 was a pretty great game.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
IMG_00000761.jpg

Secret santa present arrived!

Thanks aon :)

Super mario galaxy 2 with idiots guide to playing games dvd!
Sea monkeys!
And a bidoof playing card!

Rahk

Really liking the Nexus 5, as my first smartphone since the iPhone 4. Also liking Android quite a bit more than iOS.

With iOS, you need to make a US iTunes account and log in to that account, at which point you can download US apps.

Does the same thing work with Android?
I did this to download a Japanese game. I used a VPN but I'm not sure if that was entirely necessary. Would probably be easiest to just get the apk like cookie said though.

Shaneus

Secret Santa? What did I miss?

Oh, the secret is there's a Secret Santa and we're not telling Shaneus about :(

Thanks, Jase. Cunt.

Why wasn't I invited to the Secret Santa? Oh yeah, I was then I forgot...

... in other news I'm drinking a beer made with wild yeast I harvested from my garden. Weird.

GT6 now has bigger, better designed payouts than even GT5 had.

Def grabbing this, a PS3 and a wheel for my Dad early next year.

Any advice on beginner wheels for GT that don't cost an arm and a leg? Would also like to know the best way to setup the whole thing. Not sure if he will be laying down or sitting up for the majority of his recovery time. He also gets to be a cyborg! Not really, should be bio-bladder rather than neo-bladder, doesn't make sense lol. Since he is young and fit he doesn't have to carry a bag of piss around with him though, even if it isn't cybernetic :(

ALSO I BOUGHT SOME DAMN HEALTHY SNACKS >_<

Although these Woolworths Select brand Savoury BBQ Soy Crisps & Almonds have a ton monounsaturated fat in them. Taste fucking awesome though! Usually $4 for 200g but were on clearance for $1.60. Trying to keep under $1/100g if possible.
Also Aldi had salted mixed nuts cheap, again they are high in MUSF though (as it shall hence forth be known). They also have a pretty damn awesome seeds & sultanas mix that is fucking delicious, while actually being damn healthy (although PUSF is high!?!?).

Yay healthy eating :/

I would really like to know if my kk got their pressie. No post from them as yet.

I second unblock-us. amazing.

I want my strange festive knife to sell soi get $40 for sales

Shaneus

GT6 now has bigger, better designed payouts than even GT5 had.

Def grabbing this, a PS3 and a wheel for my Dad early next year.

Any advice on beginner wheels for GT that don't cost an arm and a leg? Would also like to know the best way to setup the whole thing. Not sure if he will be laying down or sitting up for the majority of his recovery time. He also gets to be a cyborg! Not really, should be bio-bladder rather than neo-bladder, doesn't make sense lol. Since he is young and fit he doesn't have to carry a bag of piss around with him though, even if it isn't cybernetic :(

ALSO I BOUGHT SOME DAMN HEALTHY SNACKS >_<

Although these Woolworths Select brand Savoury BBQ Soy Crisps & Almonds have a ton monounsaturated fat in them. Taste fucking awesome though! Usually $4 for 200g but were on clearance for $1.60. Trying to keep under $1/100g if possible.
Also Aldi had salted mixed nuts cheap, again they are high in MUSF though (as it shall hence forth be known). They also have a pretty damn awesome seeds & sultanas mix that is fucking delicious, while actually being damn healthy (although PUSF is high!?!?).

Yay healthy eating :/
Logitech DFGT is a great beginners wheel if said person isn't looking to get into it super heavily.

I actually have a DFGT I never use anymore since I got my G27, you could have it for next to bugger all (it's not doing anything at the moment, and it has a sweet mod so it has proper gear paddles rather than just the buttons). Unless you'd want to get something for him new, but if that's not a thing, have a think about it :)

I actually have a DFGT I never use anymore since I got my G27, you could have it for next to bugger all (it's not doing anything at the moment, and it has a sweet mod so it has proper gear paddles rather than just the buttons). Unless you'd want to get something for him new, but if that's not a thing, have a think about it :)

Ooooooooooooooooooo sounds like a possible plan. Would be looking to organise something next year once things get moving. :)

Shaneus

Ooooooooooooooooooo sounds like a possible plan. Would be looking to organise something next year once things get moving. :)
No worries! I'll keep that in mind if I think about doing a spring clean or something.

Can't guarantee I even have the box for it (pretty sure I do) but obv. I'd make sure it comes with as much stuff as I got with it. Given it was from an upgrade and not because it broke, it should still be 100% working :)

Chronicles of Riddick reminds me a lot of Singularity.

B-tier teams given a AAA budget to go wild.

All the little touches are amazing. Like in CoR how when the
ambassador dude who a furyan (Purifier apparently) bursts into flames from the intense sunlight, he gets back up halfway through, showing his fighting spirit that remained under the necromonger conditioning

The world they created is definitely the most fleshed out and remarkable I've seen in sci fi for YEARS. It felt foreign while still having influences from human history, felt lived in while still retaining that adventurous element. It seemed rich with stories and experiences to draw upon. Really impressed with all the sets/costumes as well as the majority of the special effects.

Plenty of rough edges to it. Noticed quite a bit more ADR than I usually pickup, not to mention some dodgy writing.

All in all it was an amazing movie. Not sure why it gets such a bad rap. As a fan of the first movie I enjoyed the fresh direction it took, I'm now really looking forward to seeing how the 3rd movie turned out!

Jintor

I am really enjoying Enslaved even though theoretically it is beating the shit out of an ancient Chinese Legend I absolutely devoured when I was four or something

Kritz

Banned
Man, Last of Us murdering it in the GOTY votes so far.

Last of Us: 368
GTA5: 198
Bioshock: 157
DOTA 2: 125
AC4: 116
Mario 3D: 91
Brothers: 50
Ni No Kuni: 49
Zelda Dark Wahetevr: 47
Papers, Please: 37
Saints Row 4: 29
Killzone: 24
Knack: 2

Poor DOTA 2 :(

Kritz

Banned
I don't feel bad for it at all. I really don't get the appeal of MOBAs.

you get to click on some stuff and sometimes you knock down trees and the narrator from Bastion is chattin with you and then you have one more good teamfight

Dryk

If Killzone gets up past Papers, Please Imma have to choke a bitch. (Has not played Killzone but has an opinion anyway)

I didn't get it either until I played Awesomenauts

hamchan

That RPG satisfaction of taking a weak character and making him strong, distilled into an hour match.
+
Huge variety of characters and items means that the game can be played for thousands of hours without any match being the same.
+
The large amount of skill needed to play the game.

the apppeal of Dota 2?

It has almost all of the prerequisites of a game for people with a need to feel superior.

-PC Only
-Valve
-High Skill level
-Playerbase hostile to new blood.

if only it could add pretentious aspiration to be considered art rather than fun, it would be the perfect game
there is no spoiler. so meta.

But I'm glad people enjoy them, even If I don't. I think I'm on the wrong forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom