• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aliens Colonial Marines steamkey for $2. Dat SEGA branded firesale.
Max Payne 1, 2, 3 & season pass for 3 steamkeys for $7
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate HD for Vita for $6.62
Assassins Creed 4 Black Flag on PS3 for $36 ($10 upgrade to include PS4 version if you do it before end of January)
Metal Gear Rising Revengence steamkey for $20 pre-order, comes with all the console DLC!

PS3 12GB console with Skylander Giants for $178 from Big W (step your game up Sony!)

Jintor

I really think I should just clearinghouse my Steam Cards. I really do not get a thing from them, I'll never complete a set since I don't trade them anyway, so I may as well convert them into cash monies...

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, Unity's great. I don't know what it's like without at least some basics in programming, but relative to UDK or Source it's such a breeze. I've only been using it for about two years now, and I've been programming for about three years at Uni, with not too much prior knowlege.

This burger game is the first thing I've made that doesn't seem like complete shit, so I'm pretty proud of its progress.

I'd say if you gave yourself a couple of months, you could pick up Unity with no prior programming knowledge. There's a lot of stuff already done in the engine that you don't need to know how to do - physics is already there, you can get a guy walking around in less than ten minutes, you can learn basic functions like OnTriggerEnter to get some rudimentary game logic going, and soon enough you have your own shitty platformer or shooter or whatever.

If you have any interest at all of learning it, now or in the future, look up some of the video tutorials for how the interface works, do maybe one or two complete beginner tutorials that involves coding, and from there just start on real real real small scale, minimal scope games. Make a pong or airhocky game. It's really easy to make any kind of game where you're just knocking around a ball with physics.

Unity's great fun, and I highly recommend anyone with a passing interest in making dumb things to pick it up and give it a go at least once. It'll take a few months to get used to the interface and coding and what the engine's good at doing, but it's such an easy way to introduce people to gamedev.

Many thanks for this post. I'll be taking your advice to begin some thinking. Too many ideas, too much sitting on my arse being a useless sack of shit.

WHAT AU CLUB NINTENDO UPDATED?

Nintendo themed hanafuda cards and an Ear of Ouiji commemorative coin but not the Luigi's Mansion diorama shown in the other night's Direct.

Ordered the cards. I actually kinda expected them to just put up a Luigi notebook or whatever if anything.

Yep I cracked on that. Despite owning it on Ps3 then free on Ps±. Haven't played the dlc yet.
Most annoying thing is that Jetstream and Blade Wolf DLC are free on 360 now, no idea why it hasn't gone free on PSN yet >_<

Using Enhanced Steam, it tells me I have 55 games with cards unclaimed.

Wowzer

401 card drops remaining
99 games with drops remaining
17 games eligible for booster packs

I gotta get idling!

Shaneus

Metal Gear Rising Revengence steamkey for $20 pre-order, comes with all the console DLC!
It'll probably get really cheap really quick, but I don't care. Platinum Games debut on PC needs my love.

PS4 12GB console with Skylander Giants for $178 from Big W (step your game up Sony!)
You bastard :(
Any out in the wild yet? Second shipment etc.?

BTW did you see the Humble 75% sale on Gone Home? I only saw the email this morning that was sent yesterday... unless that's the sale you said you missed out on :(

Unless you call around couple times a week it will be very hard to find a PS4 for the next month or so I expect.

BTW did you see the Humble 75% sale on Gone Home? I only saw the email this morning that was sent yesterday... unless that's the sale you said you missed out on :(

Yeah that was the email I was referring too :(

ALSO

Good make-a-bundle at Groupees atm. 50c per game, all are steamgames aside from one which is still in Greenlight.
Includes this game about the Japanese tsunami. I had a thought a long while back that I would like to make a game for the exact same reasons this person did, so I'm really looking forward to playing it. Rahk has it on his wishlist!

Jintor

Had just enough for the Hanafuda cards after registering all my 3DS games this year

Fuckin' Nintendo site is terrible. Why not have the survey "Who are you" details linked to your club nintendo account? But you knew this already

Shaneus

REP!!! NEW GAME FOR VITA EXPLOITY THING ANNOUNCED!

Check your PMs!!!

Last release was pulled within a day or two, so be quick. Also, it's on the AU PSN store!

Dryk

Thank fuck for UofA funded air-conditioning

Also GameFly won't let me buy it on account of being a dirty Aussie

Danoss

As a Pelgrane Press customer, I have received something really cool from them (made by another company also owned by Simon Rogers).

A FREE copy of Campaign Cartographer 3! It's essentially a CAD program designed for mapping. Many resources are available to create different styles of maps and map features. It's very powerful, but takes some time to grasp how it functions and how best to use it.

Unsurprising to most here, I'm sure, I already own a copy of this. $55 worth of free software is pretty sweet. It's a fully licensed download copy that will be saved against your account at ProFantasy Software, so it'll be yours forever. Those of you who may be interested in this are in luck as I'd love to give this away to one member of my favourite community. If this seems like a product you would love to have and use, let me know. I don't expect many people here to find much use for this, but if more than one person wants this, I'll leave it to random chance as to who receives it.

No sweat if this isn't anyone's cup of tea, it's a niche product that I know someone out there will have a use for. I just like to offer it up to those here first, because you're all awesome.

Dead Man

As a Pelgrane Press customer, I have received something really cool from them (made by another company also owned by Simon Rogers).

A FREE copy of Campaign Cartographer 3! It's essentially a CAD program designed for mapping. Many resources are available to create different styles of maps and map features. It's very powerful, but takes some time to grasp how it functions and how best to use it.

Unsurprising to most here, I'm sure, I already own a copy of this. $55 worth of free software is pretty sweet. It's a fully licensed download copy that will be saved against your account at ProFantasy Software, so it'll be yours forever. Those of you who may be interested in this are in luck as I'd love to give this away to one member of my favourite community. If this seems like a product you would love to have and use, let me know. I don't expect many people here to find much use for this, but if more than one person wants this, I'll leave it to random chance as to who receives it.

No sweat if this isn't anyone's cup of tea, it's a niche product that I know someone out there will have a use for. I just like to offer it up to those here first, because you're all awesome.
No use to me, but it sounds like a pretty cool piece of software. I could have used it 15 years ago for sure :)

HOLY SHIT!

Forza Horizon
demo
is FREE today for the Countdown to 2014 sale on Xbox Live Marketplace!

Thank you based Choc!

Check your links before you update your webpages MS! Rookie mistake. Game is $40 here in Australia in case people are wondering

HOLY SHIT!

Forza Horizon
demo
is FREE today for the Countdown to 2014 sale on Xbox Live Marketplace!
Free for silver plebs too.

This is pretty great though:
thwxjSr.png

Why do I need to add a payment option when something is free?

jambo

Does anyone have any unregistered 3DS games?

I need 850 points to get the special Club Nintendo Limited Edition Hanafuda Cards.

6w3TUFa.png

Damn. Do I buy the Hanafuda cards now, or do I hold out for a chance at the Luigi Diorama later....

Really wishing I'd not purchased those Game & Watch collection things earlier this year now, but I had so many points about to expire as it was... =/

Gazunta

Should I buy a PS3 (500gb Slim) for $80?

On one hand...cheap console! Maybe I can get PS+ and get some games for it. And I can stream video on it and stuff?

On the other...the last thing I have time for nowdays is console gaming. Or PC gaming. Or any gaming that isn't iOS or 3DS. And it'll take me $80 further away from getting my bloody Surface Pro 2.

So...uh...???

I BOUGHT DIVE KICK >_<

STUPID FLASH SALES TIMER COUNTING DOWN, CALLING MY BLUFF

On one hand...cheap console! Maybe I can get PS+ and get some games for it. And I can stream video on it and stuff?

One the other...the last thing I have time for nowdays is console gaming. Or PC gaming. Or any gaming that isn't iOS or 3DS. And it'll take me $80 further away from getting my bloody Surface Pro 2.

So...uh...???

What are the PS3 exclusives you really want to play?

lexi

Banned

On the other...the last thing I have time for nowdays is console gaming. Or PC gaming. Or any gaming that isn't iOS or 3DS. And it'll take me $80 further away from getting my bloody Surface Pro 2.

So...uh...???

I'll buy one for $80!

Quasar

That's pretty cool. I haven't used CC since the original version. I imagine its improved in leaps and bounds.

Gazunta

Sigh I bought the PS3. The wife reasoned that I do need a BR player for the man cave and she's right. So where do I find out what's on PS+?

Sigh I bought the PS3. The wife reasoned that I do need a BR player for the man cave and she's right. So where do I find out what's on PS+?

of course you did, it is retro now.

Knowing your taste, you'd probably like inFamous 1 and 2.
that's about it since you've ignored anything released since 2005 that doesn't rhyme with Countdown.

But it will be gathering dust till April, right?

Stackboy

Good choice. Been playing mine tons lately
all games that are on other systems.

Had my first Steam sale casualty today. Spent 80c on a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom