• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

lexi

Banned
I have done nothing all weekend except binge on Netflix. I got up earlier and saw myself in the mirror and remembered I was human.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
What I'm looking forward to doing in the next few days leading to christmas. Is doing nothing but watching films and reading books!

Going be a awesome week. Especially since my immediate family doesn't celebrate christmas and I don't have to deal with my extended family as a result.;p

Thus begins Lite n Easy week 10 I think (maybe 11).

4 months prior to LnE: 101.5KG

Start of LnE: 94.9KG

Today: 86.6KG

Good times, and now xmas is going to ruin it all :(
So you've essentially lost about the same amount of weight being on LnE as the four months when you weren't on LnE? Why not just continue doing whatever you were doing in those four months?

Congrats on the weight loss but do you really need to pay LnE for the privilege when it looks like you were doing alright beforehand?

So you've essentially lost about the same amount of weight being on LnE as the four months when you weren't on LnE? Why not just continue doing whatever you were doing in those four months?

Congrats on the weight loss but do you really need to pay LnE for the privilege when it looks like you were doing alright beforehand?
A lot of people hit a plateau with weight loss methods, sometimes a different tactic is required to get below that.

6.6kgs lost in 4 months = 0.55kg/week.
8.3kgs lost in 10-11 weeks = 0.75-0.83kg/week.

The money is in the convenience, and it does appear to be accelerating the losses. There may be other nutritional benefits compared to the previous diet.

LnE or not, that's a huge effort! Congratulations. Clothes getting a bit loose? ;)

Stackboy

First 2 days of holidays have been great to me. Celebrated 1 year with my fiancée, haven't spent too much in the Steam sale, some solid game time and it finally feels like Xmas.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
1535469_623902857666366_1074506119_n.jpg

Happy Festivus all!

hope you have your poll up.

wot game?
Hmmmm... had a look and can't find the game. It doesn't come up in the top 100 sellars so I assume no one took the glorious opportunity that was presented. I think it was called something meta-stupid, like "epic loot game" or some such.

What does this mean?
Bespoke meaning custom/made-to-order. He could have just said "the amount of unique narration is incredible!" but he is just trying to sound intelligent. Trying.

Manax

Just booked a quick Bali trip with the girlfriend in 2 weeks. Any recommendations for travel money? I'm with commonwealth and looks like they don't put rupiah on their travel cards (not enough Aussies in Bali? Good one)

Rahk

So King of Pool was discovered to be exploitable on Vita 3.01 (latest) and is still up on US PSN if anyone missed out on the last games and wants to do some PSP emulation and homebrew.

Set it up over the weekend and works perfectly.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Just booked a quick Bali trip with the girlfriend in 2 weeks. Any recommendations for travel money? I'm with commonwealth and looks like they don't put rupiah on their travel cards (not enough Aussies in Bali? Good one)

I went to Bali in August and used cash for everything. Take Aussie cash and find a reputable place to convert it to rp. Simplest way I think.

Also,
N4hxc.png

I'm old

Danoss

On the 'Almost Jesus' thing, there's an excellent person and RPG designer by the name of Epidiah Ravachol (quite possibly the most awesome name in the universe) whose birthday falls on 24th December. Every year, he and his game designer friends compile a list of games for a thing they call Epimas. It celebrates his birthday and Christmas with the giving and receiving of RPGs, what's not to like?

This year it is Epimas in the Thrall of Chaos. You choose yourself and a friend you would like to gift some games to. Look at the list of games and select those that both of you already own and then choose a purchase tier: $5 for 2 games, $10 for 4, $15 for 6 or $35 for everything, plus there are stocking stuffers on top and they're great too! The fun part is they choose the games that will be sent, unless you grab the lot. Create a sigil, which indicates the games you already own to would-be gift-givers, eg. mine is BCLNPQS (not a hint at all, I have more than enough games as it is).

I don't know many people's email addresses here, but I have chosen my victim to receive some games come time of delivery. I have received an email about it, not sure if they have too. Given the time difference, they should arrive Christmas morning, so enjoy!

That is a really good article man, thanks for posting it. I think they could have used some more modern examples to back up some of their stuff, but it seems like a pretty decent explanation of the feedback cycle in marketing.

Some better proof-reading would have been nice too. They did a pretty good job of showing how truly nasty it is as they harvest the crops grown from their seeds of bullshit, exclusion and shortsightedness.

My son has developed this annoying "girls can't do that!" thing that pops up from time to time, despite us rarely referring to gender in the household. He only watches ABC2 so he isn't even bombarded with advertisements!

:(

With children soaking up everything like quality sponges, there are many places they can pick these things up from. Good parents, like you, can help guide them in the right direction if they pick up something less desirable.

I kinda knew we were going to be in for a rough ride when, at the very first all-families gathering of the mum's group (so the kids are all of a couple of months old) one of the mums quite proudly started explaining her plan to groom her new daughter to grow up to be the wife of a golf player. Some people, y'know?

Wow, that sure is one entire level of stupid! I look forward to hearing the outcome of this in many years when her plan succeeds, because children always do exactly what their parents want.

Personal success is a fool's errand, better to try and live off the fortune of one of a select few people worldwide who absolutely wouldn't have met anyone else on their road to success, or be suspect of those chasing them after they've found it. No flaws in that plan. Nope, not one.

I think there was a theme to most of my birthday presents this year

997000_10153716982755045_880180012_n.jpg

I'm not seeing it...

Happy birthday, Axiom!

Also,
N4hxc.png

I'm old

What's the line for old age these days? Anything over the age of 18? Finish high school, straight into retirement. At age 32 I feel that calling myself old would be silly, but as time goes on I'm increasingly going "why is that joint suddenly creaking/grinding?" or "why does it hurt when I do that now?" and other things.

Happy birthday, Lucian! If RadGAF photos are anything to go by, you'll have had/will be having a great time.

lexi

Banned
Just wanted to say I'm at work and it fucking sucks. I thought this week would be a cakewalk but seemingly every cunt has decided now is the perfect time to have major issues. GO ON HOLIDAYS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES

senahorse

I was 101 because I was eating way too much, I was at 94.9 for a month straight, not losing anything. I am using Lite n Easy (now just 5 lunch/dinner per week) because it takes the guess work out of it and is conditioning me for not only eating much less but for the types of food. Once I am confident in my self control I will move completely off it. Sure it's expensive, but it's working and that's what I care about most :)

6.6kgs lost in 4 months = 0.55kg/week.
8.3kgs lost in 10-11 weeks = 0.75-0.83kg/week.

The money is in the convenience, and it does appear to be accelerating the losses. There may be other nutritional benefits compared to the previous diet.

LnE or not, that's a huge effort! Congratulations. Clothes getting a bit loose? ;)

Cheers, I have been through a belt and now a couple of notches of the new one, it looks like my gut is going to be the last thing to lose weight, but, I will get there :D

Lucian Cat

What's the line for old age these days? Anything over the age of 18? Finish high school, straight into retirement. At age 32 I feel that calling myself old would be silly, but as time goes on I'm increasingly going "why is that joint suddenly creaking/grinding?" or "why does it hurt when I do that now?" and other things.

Happy birthday, Lucian! If RadGAF photos are anything to go by, you'll have had/will be having a great time.

I'm 26 haha. I don't feel overly old, just feels weird to think I've been out of school nearly 10 years.
I had a nice weekend with the bf. It's a low key bday this year. He took me out for lunch yesterday coz he's working today and we had a few drinks Saturday and Sunday night :)

Awesome present. My parents know me too well
EDtnESp.jpg

I think there's a trend with Ausgaffers having December birthdays...

r1chard

Happy Birthday Lucian!

Came into the office expecting it to be nice and quiet thanks to the "mandatory 2 weeks xmas leave" everyone had to take (I got an exemption thanks to only starting a month ago and having no leave)... but no, the damn office is about as full as it usually is. Ho hum.

nypost-630_0.jpg

Haha, wait, what?

With children soaking up everything like quality sponges, there are many places they can pick these things up from. Good parents, like you, can help guide them in the right direction if they pick up something less desirable.
Yeah just take time. This morning he was saying our niece needed the girl bowl for her cereal, when he was just referring to the regular ole bowls us adults use rather than his comical kids cow bowl, so at least it's mainly a loose definition term for him, like when he first started seeing black people, just glad there isn't a stigma attached.

Just wanted to say I'm at work and it fucking sucks. I thought this week would be a cakewalk but seemingly every cunt has decided now is the perfect time to have major issues. GO ON HOLIDAYS YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES

Sounds like most places are going through this unfortunately >_<

Lucian Cat

So I think my brother may be an evil mastermind. I got 2 presents with the instructions to open the big one first
Ok that's a bit weird, doesn't feel like there's a tape in there so let's see
Oh cool some candles. Strange box to put them in. I wonder what's in the other present.
Hmm, something's a bit odd here. This boy is messing with me. I'll look at the candles closer.
You sneaky little shit

And that's the story of how I got some new earrings

I passed up on a PS4 that EB Broadmeadows had a sign saying was in stock. It said 'console' singular...

It's raining and I walked to the shops, and I could continue waiting for a few months.

Danoss

Just the worst puns and attempts at word play.

I'm surprised the bottom story title wasn't changed to 'Shop and Slay!"

Also, on that Duck crap that's on the same page – the reaction to that by some people baffles me. Freedom of speech is one thing to defend, no matter how stupid or awful the things some people say are. It's another thing entirely to get angry that there are actual consequences when people do say those stupid or awful things.

I'm wondering what it is they're actually upset about. Maybe they want to say those same things and are angry that they can't without being faced with the same consequences. Maybe their mouths are not connected to their brains at all. Maybe they really are that dense. Most likely a combination of these things and, in the case of public figures, money to be an even bigger loudmouth about it.

Dead Man

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...edical-transfers-life-threatening-say-doctors

The Department of Immigration decides who leaves Christmas Island and the manner in which they leave. Doctors may say a child needs urgent surgery in Perth but the department decides when, if ever, that child will reach a hospital on the mainland.

The 15 doctors whose allegations into &#8220;unsafe practices and gross departures from generally accepted medical standards&#8221; on Christmas Island has been reported exclusively by Guardian Australia, are highly critical of long and &#8220;life-threatening&#8221; delays in medical transfers.

The doctors say an epileptic child suffering increasing seizures was held for at least two months on the island, and that a baby with a defective pacemaker also had to wait two months to leave, even though the cardiology team at the Princess Margaret hospital for children in Perth was &#8220;willing to help in any way possible to expedite the patient&#8217;s transfer&#8221;.

They cite the difficulties of medical transfer as one of the most persistent conflicts they face in fulfilling their duty of care to their patients. Making a difficult situation worse, according to the doctors, are &#8220;widespread problems of data management&#8221; at International Health and Medical Services, the private contractor that supplies doctors to the island.

What the fuck? Jesus.

I'm surprised the bottom story title wasn't changed to 'Shop and Slay!"

Also, on that Duck crap that's on the same page &#8211; the reaction to that by some people baffles me. Freedom of speech is one thing to defend, no matter how stupid or awful the things some people say are. It's another thing entirely to get angry that there are actual consequences when people do say those stupid or awful things.

I'm wondering what it is they're actually upset about. Maybe they want to say those same things and are angry that they can't without being faced with the same consequences. Maybe their mouths are not connected to their brains at all. Maybe they really are that dense. Most likely a combination of these things and, in the case of public figures, money to be an even bigger loudmouth about it.

I think that is quite often it. And with a quip like that you could be working in NY in no time ;)

I passed up on a PS4 that EB Broadmeadows had a sign saying was in stock. It said 'console' singular...

It's raining and I walked to the shops, and I could continue waiting for a few months.

Silly Aargle! You could have flipped it for an easy $400 profit to some stupid parent desperate to get their stupid kid a PS4 for Wednesday!
Now Arnie has to comically bungle his way around town trying to get the Christmas present his son has always wanted!

Adrian121

Any other AusGAFers working on Christmas? I feel like Im the only one working (other than my co workers, of course). :(

Im working both Christmas and Boxing Day, and I bet they'll try to make me work New Years as well but I wont be having that.

The public holiday pay rate is great, though. That's what will get me through it.

Dead Man

Any other AusGAFers working on Christmas? I feel like Im the only one working (other than my co workers, of course). :(

Im working both Christmas and Boxing Day, and I bet they'll try to make me work New Years as well but I wont be having that.

The public holiday pay rate is great, though. That's what will get me through it.

First Christmas I haven't worked in ages. I should have been unemployed years ago :) I do appreciate everyone who does work on Christmas though.

If I was offered holiday pay rates I would work it!

Little guy gets up early enough we would do all the presents stuff before I had to leave for work and I finish work at 4pm so plenty of time to get to Christmas dinner! As it stands we will be at the in-laws so hopefully I'll be blotto in no time flat :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom