• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

r1chard

I cracked. I've been so good not buying anything at the latest Steam Sales.

But.

Tomb Raider at 80% off was too goo to pass up. And Reus was going for chump change. So I got two copies - one for a friend as well :)

wizzbang

Banned

I just purchased that and the DLC keys (both of them) will not activate on steam for me.
I already own QC but to my knowledge, I do not own some kind of DLC / GOTY pack.
Am I doing something wrong or do I need to put the code INTO the game itself? (is there an option for that?)

EDIT: My steam account history seems to say this
"Quantum Conundrum Season Pass Pre-Order" So I'm guessing I DO have the DLC somehow? I don't recall buying some DLC / GOTY edition, nor do I recall pre-ordering!
Oh well free keys to give a buddy.

Yup the Season Pass is all the DLC. Might have been a pre-order bonus at GMG.

I just purchased that and the DLC keys (both of them) will not activate on steam for me.
I already own QC but to my knowledge, I do not own some kind of DLC / GOTY pack.
Am I doing something wrong or do I need to put the code INTO the game itself? (is there an option for that?)

What does it bring up when you enter the codes? It should put them into the DLC menu of QC. Right click on QC in your Library, go to options and see if they are already in the DLC tab down the end.

Danoss

Episode 3 of The Genius was so, so good. The personalities have clicked with me and I think they have with each other now too, which makes it even more enjoyable.

The editing was superb and while different than the first season, I can now see what they're going for.
To the increase the impact of certain events, some information has to be hidden from the viewer as it is from certain players. We got to see a bluff, a double bluff and a red herring all before the massive reveal.

I am glad the "trick" wasn't followed through, because that would've been mean for the sake of it. The deathmatch benefited in the end, which was brilliant and tense as it should be. It really made up for the end of the last episode which didn't end on the best note. The opening alone could've made up for it too, that was just so great and funny.

wizzbang

Banned
Yup the Season Pass is all the DLC. Might have been a pre-order bonus at GMG.

What does it bring up when you enter the codes? It should put them into the DLC menu of QC. Right click on QC in your Library, go to options and see if they are already in the DLC tab down the end.

Didn't know about the DLC tab! that's cool - I have all the stuff, cheers.
Happy to support them though, even if it's $1.10 :/ or whatever. I for one can recognise a 6 to 7/10 game and not call it all kinds of horrible names. Feel sorry for them.
Quantum Conundrum was definitely underrated

Jintor

Arkham Origins is pretty batman so far.

I like it a lot, but almost for the exact same reasons as Arkham City and to a lesser extent Arkham Asylum. They don't really feel like they've iterated very much on the formula so much as just made a whole bunch more content.

It is set on Christmas Eve though so I'm having a good time playing it tonight especially.

Omikron

Episode 3 of The Genius was so, so good. The personalities have clicked with me and I think they have with each other now too, which makes it even more enjoyable.

The editing was superb and while different than the first season, I can now see what they're going for.
To the increase the impact of certain events, some information has to be hidden from the viewer as it is from certain players. We got to see a bluff, a double bluff and a red herring all before the massive reveal.

I am glad the "trick" wasn't followed through, because that would've been mean for the sake of it. The deathmatch benefited in the end, which was brilliant and tense as it should be. It really made up for the end of the last episode which didn't end on the best note. The opening alone could've made up for it too, that was just so great and funny.

this will be my Christmas eve viewing!

Thank you SS!

922HJOtl.jpg

How did you know I love orange books?
But more seriously thanks. Good choices. They're both books I would probably have never gotten myself (At one point I wanted to read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn but it slipped off my radar and never onto my wishlists) but ones I think I'll enjoy.

The opening alone could've made up for it too, that was just so great and funny.

Haha yes I enjoyed that. Also
when Yoo Jung-Hyun is supposedly upset and is eating and the on-screen text says 'tasty'.

Jintor

Thank you SS!

922HJOtl.jpg

How did you know I love orange books?
But more seriously thanks. Good choices. They're both books I would probably have never gotten myself (At one point I wanted to read A Tree Grows In Brooklyn but it slipped off my radar and never onto my wishlists) but ones I think I'll enjoy.

I think I can make an educated guess as to who your Santa is

I am so godamn excited for Christmas. Drinking Eggnog for the first time, listening to Christmas songs and watching it's a wonderful life. Gonna be so great.

Too bad everything in the fridge was off-limits today ;.; My family forgot to plan for food today.

I think I can make an educated guess as to who your Santa is

Boyfriend reading over my shoulder: "Was it Laf?"

lol'd.

Drinking Eggnog for the first time
Homemade or the stuff in milk containers that's basically egg flip Big M?

I tried making it once, was basically globs of egg with a ton of vodka. Like 3L of it. Choked down what I could like a drunk Rocky.

We're watching everyone's favourite Christmas movie, Die Hard. Watched Lethal Weapon the other night. Great Christmas films.

No way! I JUST bought it for $10.

Interesting that the non-sale Amazon RRP is 1/3 of the Steam RRP.
Good ol regional Steam prices.

Amazon doesn't discriminate! Much love to the parity makers.

Although they need to start selling AU PSN codes so we can get some price competition going!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Shanshan: I watched "A Wonderful Life" last christmas. Such a great movie. My christmas movie this year in the spirit of the season is going be "Brazil" though.. which will be perfect considering I'm just about to finish reading 1984..

r1chard

OK, I gave The Witcher 2 a couple of chances, but it really does stink, doesn't it? The storytelling is bamboozling, the gameplay is awful. And one of the characters just said about Triss that it was "that time of the month". Seriously, ugh. Deleted.

I'm going to watch A Christmas Story, never seen it.
If I have time It's A Wonderful Life and Trading Places also. (the last one stretching the christmas movie tag a little but fuck you, you grinch)

What's the difference between an egg flip and an eggnog?
Well I've never had real proper legit egg nog (besides the aforementioned garbage I made) but I imagine the real stuff tastes similar but a ton better. Also booze. Egg Flip Big M and the cartons of egg nog are the same thing as far as I'm concerned.

If I have time It's A Wonderful Life and Trading Places also.
Shit, I forgot Trading Places is set at Christmas, just watched Coming to America recently too so it fits... sort of.

Shaneus

Die Hard is the only fucking Christmas movie. That and Jingle All the Way.

Trading Places I kinda forgot was a Christmas movie. I'll add it to the list.

Edit: Coming to America might as well be as well... because fuck it, why not? (other than the almost complete lack of anything to do with Christmas in it)

Homemade or the stuff in milk containers that's basically egg flip Big M?

I tried making it once, was basically globs of egg with a ton of vodka. Like 3L of it. Choked down what I could like a drunk Rocky.

We're watching everyone's favourite Christmas movie, Die Hard. Watched Lethal Weapon the other night. Great Christmas films.

hahahaha, oh jeez. Must have been pretty expensive to make too.

I just got the carton stuff but added some brandy and cinnamon so it tasted quite nice.

Shanshan: I watched "A Wonderful Life" last christmas. Such a great movie. My christmas movie this year in the spirit of the season is going be "Brazil" though.. which will be perfect considering I'm just about to finish reading 1984..

It really is. Got about three minutes in before I teared up. Could have been the eggnog.

markot

Banned
OK, I gave The Witcher 2 a couple of chances, but it really does stink, doesn't it? The storytelling is bamboozling, the gameplay is awful. And one of the characters just said about Triss that it was "that time of the month". Seriously, ugh. Deleted.
High 5!

Almost finished my Germany/Netherlands trip. Not looking forward to arriving back in the heat on the 27th. If it's anything like last summer my body may actually explode.

Was hoping for some snow, but only got about 5 minutes of it a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom