• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

Congrats X3n. I always found it weird that Yamaha retain the tuning forks symbol even on things like bikes and boats and such.

senahorse

Thanks guys, now to try and stay upright :). I was just marvelling over the symbol yesterday Fred, I ended up shrugging and thinking it looks kind of cool :p

Licence achieved and just went on my maiden voyage on the new bike. GF has her test on Sunday, hopefully all goes as well for her :D

1stride_zpsc998c692.png~original

Congrats. One piece of advice, treat every car/truck etc as if they cant see you.

senahorse

Cheers, after the 1600km break in there will be very little city riding because of that fact alone, most of the road stuff will be done in pretty remote places.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Alright, holiday to Melbourne in Feb is booked. I'll be getting in on Friday 7th evening and flying home Monday 9th evening. If anyone wants to say hi, throw something at me, etc, let me know

Shaneus

Huh, odd. I've been seeing those shirts for years now!

The joys of social media, new and louder ways to be outraged.

(although I agree they are in slightly bad taste for the current political climate)
Fuck that. I want one that says "Australia: Est. 1980" because chances are, it wasn't worth a pinch of shit before I was born. Damnit.

PS. Gaz, I'm not sure exactly what the machine is like as far as depth or playability or whatever goes, but I can't say I've heard anything astonishingly bad about the first Simpsons pinball machine[/i]. From the pictures, it looks alright aside from that inexplicable wear below the flippers and the dirty/aged plastic ramp.

If anything, that price looks like a good indication of what something from around that era and of that condition is like.

Edit #2: [url=http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/White-Water-Pinball-Machine-/191026572098]White Water
that's actually local to your area (I think). Auction currently at $2.6k with a week to go, so will probably go up to at least $3.5k I'd think (as a very good price. More likely $4k).
Something else to keep an eye on, I guess.

CAN YOU DO THIS WITH A KINDLE

N.B. 'this' is make a big pile of books you're going to read next. The Book Thief and Gone Girl are my mams's.

Just finished Season 1 of Orange Is The New Black. Goddamn that ending.
What surprised me most about OISTB is how funny it is. I didn't know much about it going in and for some reason I expected it to be a straightforward drama but the funny moments really make it.

I'm kind of weirded out with how obsessed the media has become with those deaths in Bali. Do we really need 24 hour coverage, special newspaper sections and a today tonight interview with the grandma? I mean it was sad but it's not really that important as far as news goes.

CAN YOU DO THIS WITH A KINDLE

N.B. 'this' is make a big pile of books you're going to read next. The Book Thief and Gone Girl are my mams's.

Sure they are :p

And yeah, up with paper books!

I thought our country was first termed Australia way back on some shitty map in 1545?

In any case the phrase "establishing Australia" is culturally insensitive, so the point is moot.

Australia has been around for millions of years. Might as well put a dinosaur on the shirt for all it matters. Fin.

What surprised me most about OISTB is how funny it is. I didn't know much about it going in and for some reason I expected it to be a straightforward drama but the funny moments really make it.

Way too much of a drag to me. Comedy moments were good no doubt, but I won't be bothering with the second season.

Shaneus

Read Neal Stephenson's REAMDE. It's so goddamn good.

Anyone able to suggest purchases to substantially upgrade my current PC build ?

http://i.imgur.com/CgBOYHS.png

Likely to have around $600/$700 to spend on it. Keeping parts of this (case ? etc) would be good, obviously.
You don't post in here for ages, then come back expecting some free advice? Kids these days, it's just take take take.

Likely to have around $600/$700 to spend on it. Keeping parts of this (case ? etc) would be good, obviously.
Installs moar coars!! Max coars!

Its your first post in here and you're expecting some free advice? Kids these days, it's just take take take.
Fixed.

Dead Man

Damn. Had aspirations of overthrowing you in your moment of weakness, but gotta bow down to the Beard King of AusGAF.

Nah, Lazy King of AusGAF. Just can't be arsed shaving :)

Is that as good as I've been hoping?

legend166

Australia is a nation state that came into being in 1901. You can say that and still acknowledge that people were here previously. The people who made the shirts weren't being racist, just dumb by getting the date wrong.

For what it's worth, Australia Day would be better if it was on January 1st. But only if we got both public holidays.

Arksy

I honestly think it's far more appropriate to celebrate the forging of our federation than it is to celebrate the arrival of the British.

The only problem is that Jan 01 doesn't make a great date for our national day.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

It was nice to see a dramatically-sound comedy on TV that didn't really dabble in the absurd. It seems rare nowadays. Enlightened was also super impressive.

Infinite Jest ain't looking real infinite.

That is correct.
Still >1000 pages!

Sure they are :p

Cruisin' for a bruisin'

Way too much of a drag to me. Comedy moments were good no doubt, but I won't be bothering with the second season.

That's a shame. Netflix are 2 for 2 in my eyes. House of Cards and OISTB have both been a blast.

Will do. I do have a copy of Cryptonomicon sitting around here waiting to be read as well heh.

It was nice to see a dramatically-sound comedy on TV that didn't really dabble in the absurd. It seems rare nowadays. Enlightened was also super impressive.

I need to watch more Enlightened. So far I've only watched the pilot ep.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
just going to leave this here, as it's interesting:

ARIA's 10 Albums of 2013 in Australia

1. Pink The Truth About Love - 560,000 Sold (360,000 in 2013, 200,000 in 2012) It got the top album for both 2012 and 2013.

2. Katy Perry Prism - 179,000 Sold

3. Bruno Mars Unorthodox Jukebox

4. Michael Buble To Be Loved

5. Daft Punk Random Access Memories

6. One Direction Midnight Memories - 120,000 Sold

7.Michael Buble Christmas

8. Eminem The Marshall Mathers LP2

9. Lorde Pure Heroine

10. Passenger All The Little Lights

Haha, Pearl Jam are playing a 2.5 hour long set at BDO. Playing at the same time will be Deftones, Flume, Major Lazer & Snoop Dogg lololol

And the Boiler Room is shutting at 10pm this year? LOL

What a fuck up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom