• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vormund

Holy: I found beer you can bring

178142_0_9999_v1_m56577569837767212.jpg

Kritz

Banned
Don't bother with him. He thinks the only good coffee is take away coffee.

Listen, there's a world of difference between coffee made with a $200 grinder and a press pot, and coffee made with a $3000 espresso machine and beans roasted within the last 24 hours.

Not sayin my coffee ain't fantastic, but I make 1-3 cups of coffee a day. Baristas make >500.

Post-15337-Christian-Bale-confused-gif-Hje6.gif

I don't understand.

I'd link you a youtube clip but... the only one I found has a REMARKABLY nsfw suggested video thumbnail.

Listen, there's a world of difference between coffee made with a $200 grinder and a press pot, and coffee made with a $3000 espresso machine and beans roasted within the last 24 hours.

Not sayin my coffee ain't fantastic, but I make 1-3 cups of coffee a day. Baristas make >500.
I dunno, I've had some pretty damn awful takeaway coffee.

I'd link you a youtube clip but... the only one I found has a REMARKABLY nsfw suggested video thumbnail.
Oh heaven forbid :p

EDIT: OH! Can't believe I didn't get it. Good clip. Only I accidentally sent it to my boss over skype once right after I told her I was too busy to work, and can never watch it again :|

r1chard

If I was a discerning gentleman at a board game evening, discussing no doubt, sports, music, finely crafted beers and more, what beers would I prefer?
Anything you can't remember seeing an ad for. Secondary criteria: must not be whimsical (so no Monty Python beer... ugh that was a mistake).

If you need additional criteria to help narrow the selection down: I seriously went through a phase of only buying beer and wine that had some sort of creature on the label - with the specific caveat above. Did not go wrong once.

you could get everyone to buy a different 6 pack and sample away.
This is a fine suggestion.

It's a ton better than Budweiser.
Everything is better than Budweiser. Even piss like VB has flavour. Mouth-stripping flavour, sure, but at least you know you're drinking something that isn't just gutter water.

r1chard

Oh, Holy, some specific beer advice: go up to Doc's Liquor up in North Ringwood shops. It's a bit further for you than me, but they have a cracking beer range and are more than happy to offer advice. Get a mixed six-pack of various beers.

Is Surrey Hills closer than that? If so, go to Purvis Cellars on the corner of Whitehorse Rd and something. They're big beer nerds there, and they've recently expanded the selection and it was already pretty large.

This Sydney 6ers vs Perth cricket match turned out to be pretty exciting.

Tied game omg. Super over time.

Good game, I must admit I've enjoyed the BBL far more than I though I would.

I left the TV on after and that Blue Bloods is on. It started with a drive-by shooting on a cricket match in central Park. Played on green grass with all the correct gear, but missing one vital ingredient, there were no stumps at either end!

seanoff

Alright

Kogan are offering a 4k tv for $999.

Which one of you is going to take one for the team and buy it, then tell us if its worth it?

hamchan

Watched The Genius S2EP05. Don't know how many of you have kept up or watched this week, since the dailymotion version is not up and only the 720p version is out but I'll just post my thoughts anyways.

The deathmatch game was awesome. Complete opposite of the game last week. This time it was actually all individual skill.

Loser/Winner/Deathmatch spoilers:
It was really unfortunate that Yoonsun chose Im Yo-Hwan and then got the 1v1 Laser Chess match LOL. After they revealed the game I just knew Yo-Hwan would win.

I can't really blame her since the past few weeks the deathmatch has mostly been based on alliances and she might have beaten him if it was one again.

But in a chess match that is all individual skill, against one of the Bonjwas of Starcraft, a player who absolutely dominated that incredibly competitive, incredibly strategic scene for 5 years... well she had pretty much no chance. He just dominated her from the 2nd turn onwards, with a nice flair to use his trademark "BoxeR Bunker Rush" style to just contain her.

Yo-Hwan hasn't really done much this series, mostly acting pitiful and as a foil to Jin-Ho mostly, but I feel he's at least reminded everyone that he was the Emperor of Starcraft and people should be wary of picking him for a deathmatch.

Really enjoyed the ep this week. Clear factions are forming in this show, like Survivor.

Oh, Holy, some specific beer advice: go up to Doc's Liquor up in North Ringwood shops. It's a bit further for you than me, but they have a cracking beer range and are more than happy to offer advice. Get a mixed six-pack of various beers.

nnnnnnnnn
youre on the internet stop saying places i go to every week
thats not ment to happen

Is Surrey Hills closer than that? If so, go to Purvis Cellars on the corner of Whitehorse Rd and something. They're big beer nerds there, and they've recently expanded the selection and it was already pretty large.

surrey hills might be easier for him to get to? but i think NR might be closer

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thanks lads. I will review the posts again tomorrow. But some fine suggestions, and nice to see you all on the same page really.

I'll hide the VB that's currently in the fridge... (it was free :p)

I made a trello board for choc because I came up with a good idea for when the bot dies! A .notify or .report command that sends me a fuckin email! It's not in the bot yet but it will be! I get push notifications on my iPod and I check my email pretty often on my phone so there's a fairly reasonable chance I'll see it!

For now, send to quote post.

I can't figure out how to post the public link to it if people want to see it through the app but hey. It literally has one todo so oh we'll.

r1chard

Purvis are also very good, oh yes. I drop in there on the way home from the office some nights (when Chandler Hwy and the Eastern are being horrid and I have to divert along Whitehorse - oh noes, it takes me past the Place Of Booze).

Alright

Kogan are offering a 4k tv for $999.

Which one of you is going to take one for the team and buy it, then tell us if its worth it?

Holy shit.

Why did I come in here?!?

fungiida3l.gif

The LED smart TV is powered by Android and features wi-fi, USB and a Micro SD ports, plus the ability to upscale Blu-ray and DVDs from standard HD to UHD's spanking image quality.
Meow meow meow, Smart TV at 4K? That's fucking ludicrous! Kogan TV's seem to rate fairly middle of the road despite their low low prices so this could be the perfect replacement for my "HD" TV that only has one HDMI port.

If I'm going to buy a PS4 I NEED a new TV, what's the point of buying a next gen console if I can only run 720p on it? [spoiller]Yeah I know, I could buy an X1 instead. Fuck that though. Why pay more for less? I'm not an idiot.[/spoiler]
So now I need to save up $1500. Whoops.

Second job time again.

I will work more hours to buy one, Sir Ken.

You win again Sony, you win again.

:(

r1chard

Playing some Steam Sale Lara Croft (who we shall apparently rename Angel Of Death Croft), got some White Rabbit White Ale (I do like me a weissbier) and just ordered my dinner through menulog. Oh yes, this is the life.

Wait, what the hell is wrong with Rock, Paper, Shotgun? I quite like their take on gaming "journalism". PC master race to boot.
Edit: oh, it's something that that link that I'm never going to click on because "I feel stupider for having read that sadly" ... ok then.

Deeku

i'm pretty happy that when i googled "loud home button" and "power button rattle" that a. they were common searches, and b. these things annoy other 5s users lol

got some White Rabbit White Ale (I do like me a weissbier)
<pedant>It's actually a witbier (white beer, pronounced wetbeer I learned recently!), which is somewhat different to a weissbier/hefeweizen (wheat beer). Both are are 50%ish wheat, but the wit generally uses different yeast, as well as coriander seeds and bitter orange peel whereas the wheat has a more banana or choice character from the yeast. Hoegaarden is the classic wit, I like Weihenstephan as a good wheat example.</pedant>

... sorry. Couldn't help it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom