• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizzi

I recently figured out how to get Netflix to work on my Xbox One. So mad that I had to jump through so many hoops to do it though.
Also uh.. Hi.

senahorse

Yay, gf passed her motorbike test today, the outback adventures will begin very soon :D

Also, goddam OR is shaping up nicely and all that VR work Valve are doing. You can keep your PS4's and Xbone's, OR is the real next gen console, can't wait :D

r1chard

I recently figured out how to get Netflix to work on my Xbox One. So mad that I had to jump through so many hoops to do it though.
Also uh.. Hi.
Hi.

So, what are MelbGAF's plans for dealing with the week we've got coming up? Oh, and THANKS PerthGAF for passing this shit on.
g9V4IXe.png

That Thursday night. Ugh.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Hi.

So, what are MelbGAF's plans for dealing with the week we've got coming up? Oh, and THANKS PerthGAF for passing this shit on.
g9V4IXe.png

enjoy it.

it's no 2009 adelaide summer!

From 27 January onward the temperature soared above 40 degrees for 6 consecutive days, until 2 February where the temperature reached 'only' 38.8 °C (102 °F).[4] This would be the longest straight run of greater than 40 degrees Celsius maximum temperatures in Australian history. On 28 January, the third day into the heatwave, the temperature soared to 45.7 °C (114 °F), making it the 3rd hottest day on record in Adelaide. On that same night, the temperature only dipped to 33.9 °C (93 °F) making it the highest minimum temperature South Australian record

everything since then seems easy. lol.

WTF prank call!

Private number, I answered and some guy started blabbing about his really bad day and how he wanted to read out a poem to me so that he could get it off his chest....then I hung up.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Dead Man

Hi.

http://i.imgur.com/g9V4IXe.png[IMG]
That Thursday night. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Pfft.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/PipTgC0.png

And I just moved to a house with shit insulation and no air conditioning. Yay!

enjoy it.

it's no 2009 adelaide summer!

everything since then seems easy. lol.

It's going to be close to that again in Adelaide this week. Fuck this town and its stupid heat.

Shaneus

I just called some guy and really wanted to pour my heart out. Had a poem written and everything, figured they'd be kind enough to listen so I could get it off my chest.

Fucker just hung up on me!

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

I just called some guy and really wanted to pour my heart out. Had a poem written and everything, figured they'd be kind enough to listen so I could get it off my chest.

Fucker just hung up on me!

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

Well played, sir.

jambo

Pfft.

PipTgC0.png

And I just moved to a house with shit insulation and no air conditioning. Yay!

Luckily I'll be at work in the air conditioning, but sleeping is going to be horrible. Our house has decent insulation in the top part where the bedrooms are, so we'll probably just not use the rest of the house.

Yeah its fucking boiling but ill manage through the day. Its trying to sleep that fucking gets ya. Maybe ill make a bed downstairs for a week where its all brick and currently concrete (carpets pulled up for replacing)

Shaneus

Oh hey, if none of you are doing anything tomorrow, I'll be at the Peacock Inn pub in Northcote from around 5:30ish until probably 9ish for a pinball thing. If you want to come and hang out for a bit, watch some pinball... maybe even participate (though there is a charge this year) you're more than welcome!

Food is pretty decent, I usually stick with the BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato) focaccia and isn't too pricey (I think that's a little over $10 with a good serving of chips). Plus, if you live between there and the city I could drop you off as well if need be :)

If you decide to come and actually have a crack, by all means go ahead! You might be surprised with how well you play :D And if not, I'm sure you'll have a blast anyways... everyone in the community is really friendly (just look at Mar and myself!).

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh hey, if none of you are doing anything tomorrow, I'll be at the Peacock Inn pub in Northcote from around 5:30ish until probably 9ish for a pinball thing. If you want to come and hang out for a bit, watch some pinball... maybe even participate (though there is a charge this year) you're more than welcome!

Food is pretty decent, I usually stick with the BLAT (bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato) focaccia and isn't too pricey (I think that's a little over $10 with a good serving of chips). Plus, if you live between there and the city I could drop you off as well if need be :)

If you decide to come and actually have a crack, by all means go ahead! You might be surprised with how well you play :D And if not, I'm sure you'll have a blast anyways... everyone in the community is really friendly (just look at Mar and myself!).

Damn man, I'd actually be pretty keen :( but I have a family event to attend.

Northcotes a pretty cool area too. Lots of nice things to do around there.

yepyepyep

Hi.

One of the few benefits of living near Frankston is that the temperature is generally around 3-4 degrees cooler than the rest of Melbourne. I am definitely not looking forward to working outside during Tuesday though.

Vormund

WTF prank call!

Private number, I answered and some guy started blabbing about his really bad day and how he wanted to read out a poem to me so that he could get it off his chest....then I hung up.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Nope I'm getting a creditor asking for some guy I've never heard of though. I keep telling them I'm not him.

I guess I have made a new year's resolution: to post MORE on Gaf than I have for the last 7 years. And outside of Ausgaf where I have almost exclusively posted next to nothing of import for the last few years.

Also- Trying to get Obamacare this week since my travel insurance has run out. WIll be fun since any insurance I get now won't start will Feb.

Sherlock 3.1 was pretty decent. Watching 3.2 tonight and all things being equal 3.3 tomorrow night.

tumblr_mz5sbkvIzF1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

Other than that- still playing SM3D World. Love it. GOTY 2013.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Work internet is half broken so this is a lot of fun. Can't use google music to listen to anything today by the looks of it and IRC chat doesn't work.

What a dull day.

Thanks Danoss I think it was for suggesting The Genius. Finally got around to watching the first episode. It's actually pretty good! Will definitely keep watching.

So much of AusGAF making me proud. I'm actually a little surprised so many of us genuinely like it. I don't think many other recommendations could turn out this well.

Stackboy

I guess I have made a new year's resolution: to post MORE on Gaf than I have for the last 7 years. And outside of Ausgaf where I have almost exclusively posted next to nothing of import for the last few years.

Also- Trying to get Obamacare this week since my travel insurance has run out. WIll be fun since any insurance I get now won't start will Feb.

Sherlock 3.1 was pretty decent. Watching 3.2 tonight and all things being equal 3.3 tomorrow night.

This season of Sherlock has been really and up and down for me. I need to rewatch the first episode, as it didn't really click with me, like it did others. I really liked the second episode. Will watch the third tomorrow night.

This weeks episode of community was great! Had that Dan Harmon feel all over it.

The only game I'm really playing avidly at the moment (except the odd steam sale game I picked up) is GTAV. Realising the story isn't great, but the world is just fun to be in.

Gazunta

This is a good resolution that everyone should take part in.

Man, I took public transport to work today, seriously how do you people do this all the time? And I didn't even get any bloody Street Pass out of it. Ugh.

stay inside until feb

Omikron

This is a good resolution that everyone should take part in.

Man, I took public transport to work today, seriously how do you people do this all the time? And I didn't even get any bloody Street Pass out of it. Ugh.

You find a quiet corner and start muttering to yourself while rocking back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom