• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 10 - Node Country for Old Men

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
You find a quiet corner and start muttering to yourself while rocking back and forth.

Or you work away from the city and live near it!

I miss my busses from fitzroy to mitcham.

55 minutes of being privately driven around. Some days id be the only passenger for a large portion of the trip.

Fuck public transport. First day back using it (highways too busy again) and I'm stuck next to some old drunk guy who kept asking stupid questions to everyone in ear shot.

Shaneus

This is a good resolution that everyone should take part in.

Man, I took public transport to work today, seriously how do you people do this all the time? And I didn't even get any bloody Street Pass out of it. Ugh.
More like Street Fail, amirite?

Dryk

I'd take that or decent public transport, one or the other
Untitled11.png

images

markot

Banned
Meh, feels like most Australian cities are giving up on public transport and just building more roads roads and roadsssssss.

Not to mention how whingy the public are if they have to wait 5 mintues.

jambo

For those interested.

dG5isL2.png

Currently in 17th place, mainly thanks to hardly checking the thread over the holidays.

rep beasting at 10%!

A-S-S C-R-A-C-K BANDIT

You morans better be watching community!
I reckon that last episode felt very much like the Community of old.

And The Genius...
Interesting to see people starting to turn on Jinho, and even though it didn't work, he again came up with an almost unbeatable strategy. As soon as the death match was announced I knew where it was headed. I less enjoy that factions are forming, I preferred everyone for themselves. And Hongchul is great. Whether he actually cares or not, I love the chaotic element he brings; just screwing with people for the hell of it.

For those interested.

http://i.imgur.com/dG5isL2.png[IMG]

Currently in 17th place, mainly thanks to hardly checking the thread over the holidays.

rep beasting at 10%![/QUOTE]

You know you don't post much when I'm beating you.

Paramore shots:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/PwVQkYc.jpg
0RzEo7H.jpg

Ydahs

Another AusGAFer went to Paramore last night? Nice!

I enjoyed it, but I was only really familiar with their old songs so I kinda found myself humming along rather than belting out the lyrics :D

Still a great night though, with the exception of these two teens making out for the better part of an hour to my right. Not sure which concert to head to next. Was thinking Lumineers or Daughter, but I may just head to the Future Music festival in March.

Also, WHY ARE ALL GOOGLE SERVICES NOT WORKING?! All devices on my home network can't load a Google site, or they load them at a snail's pace. Restarting the router ain't working as well. Aaargh.

Got the bill for the first term of 3 year old Kindergarten for the son today.

STOP THE WORLD HE'S GROWING UP TOO FAST AND SOON HE WILL BE GONE

<_>

Meh, feels like most Australian cities are giving up on public transport and just building more roads roads and roadsssssss.

Not to mention how whingy the public are if they have to wait 5 mintues.
I guess Nintendo fans are used to waiting.
nLaVUIw.gif

dG5isL2.png

rep beasting at 10%!
8d3.jpg

I've been trying to cut riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight back. I take up too much of the thread :(

huh, until now i never knew paramore was a pop rock thing with a chick...

always thought it was some heavy metal dude band lol
You might be thinking of Underoath? The name Paramore always made me think of Christian rock bands lol

Paramore are pretty awesome. Suprised you haven't heard of them!

Misery Business and CrushCrushCrush were huge back in 2004.
Highschool! Woo!

Enjoy it, guys!

This weekend sucked pretty thoroughly in WA, it hit 46 on Saturday, supposedly went to a minimum of 29 overnight (when I went to bed at 1AM, my thermometer showed 34.5...), and then back up to 41 on Sunday.

Also, something like 50 houses burned down fairly locally. Be safe as the crazy heat passes over you all.

Really like the first pic.
Yeah me too. It's my iPods background currently

nice pics mega('s friend)
She sad thanks!

Reminds me of the Unreal Tournament 3 cover art.
Kinda does, though the III represents the three remaining members of the band

Another AusGAFer went to Paramore last night? Nice!

I enjoyed it, but I was only really familiar with their old songs so I kinda found myself humming along rather than belting out the lyrics :D

Still a great night though, with the exception of these two teens making out for the better part of an hour to my right. Not sure which concert to head to next. Was thinking Lumineers or Daughter, but I may just head to the Future Music festival in March.

I really really love their new stuff as well as old so it was an entirely enjoyable night of belting out lyrics, ruining other people videos with our singing and awful dancing. I wish I could go to Lumineers but the tickets would be sold out considering its like next week.

True Detective is awesome. Holds your attention perfectly with just the right amount of unrest.

Also any show that uses The Black Angels on their end credits gets a big thumbs up for me.

Gonna go watch some Simpsons to cleanse the mind before bed now though lol

Enjoy it, guys!

This weekend sucked pretty thoroughly in WA, it hit 46 on Saturday, supposedly went to a minimum of 29 overnight (when I went to bed at 1AM, my thermometer showed 34.5...), and then back up to 41 on Sunday.

Also, something like 50 houses burned down fairly locally. Be safe as the crazy heat passes over you all.

oh yeah fuck i forgot fires was a thing
better add the cfa website back to chromes auto open things
gotta be on the lookout
stay safe all you flammable people out there

Arksy

Typical advertiser bullshit. Looks like we were duped on the whole Men's Studies course by Uni SA and it's actually a Certificate of Men's Health.

Source.

In 2014 the University of South Australia will be offering a professional certificate in male health.

The certificate has been developed by the University and consists of two short courses &#8211; one covering male health in perspective, another dealing with health promotion programs that target males. No other courses have been approved and any proposed courses will be evaluated through normal university processes.

Contrary to its description in some media reports, the certificate is framed for people already working in health and allied health industries, and has been developed by and will be taught by University of South Australia staff only.

Approved by the University&#8217;s Division of Health Sciences, and delivered by the Centre for Regional Engagement, the certificate will have a particular focus on rural health issues. It has undergone all proper approval processes set down by the University. These processes include the vetting of course material for its relevance, accuracy and academic evidentiary base.

The courses will use publicly available government and health profession data (such as from the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare and the Australian Government&#8217;s National Male Health Policy) to examine current health issues for this particular segment of the community.

The certificate will include studies in the biological, physiological, social, economic, cultural and other determinants of male health;
look at male health statistics in relation to illness and use of services; consider and contrast current theories, concepts, constructs and determinants of male health seeking behaviour; and examine and compare national and international male health policy.

The University does not endorse or support the controversial comments on gender issues published in today&#8217;s Advertiser. These comments were not made by UniSA staff and have no relevance to the new health related certificate being introduced by the University.

Reposted from the thread on the topic.

jambo

Jambo, were you waiting for a bus at about 6:30? Looking all sad and melty?

I finished at about 5:45 and then wandered down to King William, opposite Town Hall. I think my bus got me just after 6.

I had dark grey suit pants on with a light blue shirt.

I was pretty melty.

Dead Man

I finished at about 5:45 and then wandered down to King William, opposite Town Hall. I think my bus got me just after 6.

I had dark grey suit pants on with a light blue shirt.

I was pretty melty.

Yeah, probably you. I went past in air conditioned comfort. Hope you weren't waiting too long for that bus, that heat was pretty brutal today.

jambo

Yeah, probably you. I went past in air conditioned comfort. Hope you weren't waiting too long for that bus, that heat was pretty brutal today.

Worst part was walking out of the 20C office in to 39C, just hits you like a wall.

Next few days are going to be even more brutal. I didn't go outside on my lunch break today and I certainly won't tomorrow.

Hey Reptile, if you ever see a discount for a Rocksmith 1 Steamkey, could you please let me know? I'm reaaaally annoyed I can't just download the DLC to use with Rocksmith 2014 :(

Shaneus

Want $5 Peacewalker but no the pain of replacing my Aus account with my US one on my Vita. Hopefully we get a similar sale.
I'm just going to start using a US account for the games that are cheaper at regular price than here on sale. Which seems to be a hell of a lot, sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom