• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 5/5 - Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy, a rental at best

Choc said:
theres a nmod to remove the spiders
Why would you though? It's part of the game. People should sack up.

Salazar said:
I fucking hate Skyrim spiders. Hate them.
I hate spiders in games in general, they just always seem to be huge. I still slog through though.

HolyCheck said:
Hiatus for a few weeks, but confirmed full season order of 22 eps.

but doesn't look good for a fourth season (which likely would have been the last)
Yeah, I was thinking 4th would be last.

Rimfya

Banned
Community has been my favourite show on TV for seasons 1-2 but this season has been blah. Thinking for a few weeks now it should've just been cancelled.

markot

Banned
Rimfya said:
Community has been my favourite show on TV for seasons 1-2 but this season has been blah. Thinking for a few weeks now it should've just been cancelled.
This season is the best one 3 >1 >>2

giri

Rimfya said:
This season was better than Season 2.

They're getting a little stale though. They need to develop the characters some.

Ydahs

I'm also in the 'buy-Zelda-locally' camp, even though I still have Xenoblade to complete.

I can order it via TheHut and play it after Xenoblade and U3... but the wait will kill me.

Rezbit

Omi said:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/user-interfarce-skyrims-silly-choices/

Sounds like all my worries about the menu interface for skyrim are true. :(

still going to enjoy the game I am sure, but, yeah, can we have the morrowind inventory interface please?

Yeah, pretty much spot on the money there. Although I don't really have a problem with the map. Not being able to see your dude and what's equipped is sucky though. Sucks storing things in chests too, that they aren't divided up into the categories, so if you wanted to find a weapon you stashed away at home you have to scroll away.

Clipper

I'm not buying Zelda local... ordered the Gold Remote Plus bundle at the end of August for US$70 while they still had stock.

Edit: And checking release dates, it should arrive on the Aussie release date. Unless it gets broken, of course...

Kritz

Banned
giri said:
This season was better than Season 2.

They're getting a little stale though. They need to develop the characters some.

Yeah, I kinda missed when there was actually some kind of small character development in the show. Now everyone's just doing The Simpsons thing of giving everyone a trope and NEVER DIVERGING FROM IT EVER.

Then they give each character their own novelty episode, where someone tries to change who they are, which doesn't work, and then it ends back where it started.

I still like it when the show does a common television / movie trope, though.

Omikron

Kritz said:
Article is 100% on the nose. I fear that by the time a mod comes out to fix these things, I'll have beaten the game.

Or worse yet, someone will mod in a different menu, and it will somehow be worse than what's already there.

The best interface mod for Oblivion was just making the font size WAY smaller and the map zoom out so it wasn't like looking at a postage stamp size viewport stretched onto your monitor.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Guys, let's talk about the problem that is text only gaming reviews.

Does anyone read reviews anymore?
I sure as heck don't. But I do watch reviews, mainly because I like seeing more game footage.

VOOK + KRITZ, I don't frequent your sites too much, but do either of you offer video reviews?

Dead Man

SRTT GET. Now I just need to wait 2 hours until I can play it :(

HolyCheck said:

I sure as heck don't. But I do watch reviews, mainly because I like seeing more game footage.

VOOK + KRITZ, I don't frequent your sites too much, but do either of you offer video reviews?
I never watch video reviews, too much fear of spoilers. Give me a nice chunky text every time.

So I just finished downloading and installating Saints Row 3. Start the game up and can't get past the title screen (try to start a campaign but it kicks me back to main menu).

So I restart my PC and start Steam again, now it is downloading a 1 gig update :/

Aww, Ozgameshop no longer has the Skyward Sword LE, which included a MotionPlus that I need to play the game. I fear this MotionPlus thing is going to be an annoying hurdle delaying me from picking up the game.

pilonv1

Omi said:
The best interface mod for Oblivion was just making the font size WAY smaller and the map zoom out so it wasn't like looking at a postage stamp size viewport stretched onto your monitor.

I read somewhere that DarNUI is coming for Skyrim. Would certainly help, but the UI and map need an overhaul asap

I don't watch video reviews because they end up being more about the presenter. At least with text I don't have to look at their ugly mugs.

Choc

Banned
pilonv1 said:
I read somewhere that DarNUI is coming for Skyrim. Would certainly help, but the UI and map need an overhaul asap

I don't watch video reviews because they end up being more about the presenter. At least with text I don't have to look at their ugly mugs.

what about the quick looks pilon

Kritz

Banned
HolyCheck said:

shit if you don't have the attention span for my reviews I don't think a video's gonna help

I have been thinking about doing video reviews. Host them on youtube and embed them in the actual reviews. Might make the site a bit cluttered. Could make it so they're only visible when you click through.

I did make a few flash animations, if that counts.

giri

HolyCheck said:

Could not disagree more.

I'm sick of how everything is a video review. Or a podcast!

Guess what, i don't want to have to wade through your BS. Put it in writing so i can quickly read it and get to your main points.

Written reviews, in theory, should also give the person time to structure and articulate any criticisms or themes, very well. In theory.

giri said:
Could not disagree more.

Guess what, i don't want to have to wade through your BS. Put it in writing so i can quickly read it and get to your main points.

Written reviews, in theory, should also give the person time to structure and articulate any criticisms or themes, very well. In theory.

Punchy review with video as well?

Choc

Banned
even though a bajillion print magazines hit my desk, i only read edge generally.

i find it very hard to read a review online on a website. i dunno why

giri

Megadrive said:
Punchy review with video as well?
I honestly couldn't tell you what the last review i "watched" was. If i wanted to watch something, i'd watch the trailer.

But then, i couldn't tell you what the last "review" was that i read/watched/listened to at all, either.

I know the games in general that i'm looking forward, and track them somewhat in development, then READ up about the general information floating around about them, and make my choice from that.

As has been stated many times, i rarely trust any reviewer in this day and age to give an actual review, so i don't usually waste my time too much. Not since Nigel anyway.

pilonv1

giri said:
Could not disagree more.

giri spitting truth like a cobra

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
I don't do video reviews as of yet, I've done videos for some games on one offs and they do well but I'm not good enough on camera to do it with any sort of regularity. I have all the equipment to record such a thing though.

Knew I should have imported SM3DL.

Still deciding on Sydney or not...

giri

viciouskillersquirrel said:
This came up in another thread, but does the name Tottie Goldsmith ring any bells for anyone?
Of course it does.

The following people were teens in the 90's

Legend
Pilon
Giri.

Choc

Banned
giri said:
Of course it does.

The following people were teens in the 90's

Legend
Pilon
Giri.

Choc

totti gold smith is known for her tits in FIRE and also many other nakedness

wasn't she also in sex/life @ some point?

imagine if that crazy show was on youtube, do you guys remember it

giri

Choc said:
Choc

She hosted Sex for quite a while.

jambo

U5cwNl.jpg

Because FUCK YOU!

Clipper

I haven't read a review in quite a long time, nor watched a video review. These days, I watch some of the early trailers and read some previews of the game to find out what they're going for and I'll have made up my mind whether it's something I'll want to play or not by the time of release.

I've been gaming long enough now that I know what I like. I don't need others to tell me whether they liked a game or not and I don't need to see an in-depth analysis of the mechanics or the other deeper features that reviews typically go into.

Having said that, I can see how others do need reviews like this. I have enough spending money to not worry too much if I end up buying an occasional dud.

Edit: Hmm... Seems like giri and I have the same idea...

Choc said:
Choc

Do you think that it is nearly as explicit as I remember it being? I fully expect that if I were to see a clip of it today, it would seem tame and just a little bit sad.

Deeku

Yes I remember lol

I don't think I ever watched it though, but I remember it was on channel ten.

I did watch this other show once but I forgot it's name. It's like a late night show as well, maybe on 9, and it always ended with a stripper dancing. And it was hosted by these bogans lol.

Top Bottom