• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritz

Banned
I'm poking through the (free sections of) the GDC Vault. Some really interesting stuff in here. I hope the X-Com retrospective gets shoved in here, the high profile stuff generally does.

I've gone through a shitload of those. Hard to pick out any specifics, though.

Oh, I know. Watch the Peter Molynuex Populous Post-mortem.

Reptile, PC port seems fine. Except for some reason every 5 minutes I get this half second freeze / stutter thing. Not sure if it's because my settings are too high (they're only on high, 1080p on a 5850?) or because I have an AMD card and AMD cards just kind of come with inexplicable issues in games.

From the PC thread it sounds like it could be launch issues. Was worried it could be a VRAM issue but seems ruled out now.

Dead Rising 2 Case West is 320 allards on XBLA right now. Discounts coming for GoD version of Just Cause 2 and LA Noire. Ep 3 of Walking Dead is half price at 200 allards, first ep will be free and the others will be 200 as well.

Kritz

Banned
oh the stuttering isn't local to me? That's a relief.

I look forward to cramming out the game during easter break. It might even knock Antichamber off my #1 spot of GOTY.

Shaneus

I've gone through a shitload of those. Hard to pick out any specifics, though.

Oh, I know. Watch the Peter Molynuex Populous Post-mortem.

Reptile, PC port seems fine. Except for some reason every 5 minutes I get this half second freeze / stutter thing. Not sure if it's because my settings are too high (they're only on high, 1080p on a 5850?) or because I have an AMD card and AMD cards just kind of come with inexplicable issues in games.
Yo, K-Man:
First thing's first: Drivers! The latest Nvidia drivers can be found here (314.22) and the AMD flavour here (13.3 beta).

Mitigate stuttering: Navigate to (My) Documents\my games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config and open XEngine.ini. Search the file for PoolSize and increase the value (640 would be a good starting point). (Credit to ambientmystic.)
Expand the FoV slider: Navigate to (My) Documents\my games\BioShock Infinite\XGame\Config and open XUserOptions.ini. Search the file for FieldOfView (not to be confused with DefaultFieldOfView), setting it to 1.500000, and MaxUserFOVOffsetPercent, setting it to 45.000000. (Credit to puzle.)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=529440

PS. Seriously, if any of you cunts still don't have JC2, it's $3 on Steam RIGHT NOW. Fuck, I'd even buy it for you if you're that much of a tightarse.

Arksy

Some idiot reversed into me today. I was at the KFC drive through in town after a 5 hour negotiation and some idiot in the queue just backs into me. There's not a lot of damage, except the plastic that hooks on to my bumper from the underside of my corolla has come loose. Going to need to duck tape that down so it doesn't scrape. I threatened the manager of KFC with a subpoena if he didn't give me the details of the employee witness and he swiftly complied. Douche move, but he was being all coy about not wanting to tarnish KFC and stuff.

Ha. >.<

Shaneus

I wouldn't be too fazed about 3G on the Vita. I've tethered mine to my phone and when the reception was less than perfect (maybe 4/5 bars) Wipeout took a good few minutes to load, and that's just the menu (and exiting out and going back in a few times). Would've been far better just not having it tethered at all.

Some idiot reversed into me today. I was at the KFC drive through in town after a 5 hour negotiation and some idiot in the queue just backs into me. There's not a lot of damage, except the plastic that hooks on to my bumper from the underside of my corolla has come loose. Going to need to duck tape that down so it doesn't scrape. I threatened the manager of KFC with a subpoena if he didn't give me the details of the employee witness and he swiftly complied. Douche move, but he was being all coy about not wanting to tarnish KFC and stuff.

Ha. >.<

Serves you right for going to KFC.

Did that guy at least apologize?

I wouldn't be too fazed about 3G on the Vita. I've tethered mine to my phone and when the reception was less than perfect (maybe 4/5 bars) Wipeout took a good few minutes to load, and that's just the menu (and exiting out and going back in a few times). Would've been far better just not having it tethered at all.

I have a 4G tablet for tethering. :p

Surprisingly it's still on sale at COTD. Should have sold out in minutes. No one is realizing the potential of buying it at 208 bucks and selling on ebay for 300 odd?

jambo

I have to share this with you guys.

After I popped the question to my missus on the weekend, we were out in town with some mats and they ran in to some people in Hungry Jacks (Burger King). I did the silly onion ring proposal thing and someone posted a picture on Facebook.

My dad left this comment on the photo:

"The burgers and proposals are better at Hungry Jacks"

Come on dearie, why all the fuss? You're no grander than the rest of us. Life has dropped you at the bottom of the heap. Join your brothers, burn money in your sleep!

Nooo I need to save for a PC and a holiday.

He done goofed.

Look through his post history.

But he'll be back soon enough.

hamchan

Also Bioshock Infinite impressions after 4 hours:

It looks fucking amazing, one of the best looking games ever from its artstyle.

The guns go pew pew quite well. Magic is fun. Elizabeth has smarts.

After I popped the question to my missus on the weekend, we were out in town with some mats and they ran in to some people in Hungry Jacks (Burger King). I did the silly onion ring proposal thing and someone posted a picture on Facebook.

Not much to do in sa then hey?
get engaged
go get some fast food
hang out with some carpet
:D
nah congrats man, sounds like you got something real special

Ha. >.<

i dont know how this would fly but i bet they have security tapes of it happening
should threaten to sue some more for those, i say this as it sounds like the person that backed into you didnt stick around and own up to it or refuses to cooperate, otherwise why do you need witnesses.

Here's some excellent news for the photographers among us.

Nik Software, which was recently bought out by Google, has now released every single one of their plugins for Lightroom/Photoshop (also Aperture, but if you use that, you have my sympathies) for the great price of $149. If you've never used their plugins, give them a try because they are incredible. Silver Efex Pro in particular does the best black and white conversions you will ever see.

The cool thing is that if you've previously bought any of their products, you're automatically eligible to download the rest for free.

Try or buy their awesome stuff right here.

RIP

Arksy

Not much to do in sa then hey?
i dont know how this would fly but i bet they have security tapes of it happening
should threaten to sue some more for those, i say this as it sounds like the person that backed into you didnt stick around and own up to it or refuses to cooperate, otherwise why do you need witnesses.

I'll bet they do as well, the actual witness was co-operative. I'm not really sure there's enough damage to warrant an insurance claim. I'll check tomorrow. The guy who ran into me apologised and was quite humble at least. It's the one time that "I'm a lawyer", actually instills fear into people.

I'll bet they do as well, the actual witness was co-operative. I'm not really sure there's enough damage to warrant an insurance claim. I'll check tomorrow. The guy who ran into me apologised and was quite humble at least. It's the one time that "I'm a lawyer", actually instills fear into people.

idk you need duct tape to hold it together
thats not going to cost nothing
still not super clear why you need a witness other than covering all basses.
did you get his insurance info?

Arksy

idk you need duct tape to hold it together
thats not going to cost nothing
still not super clear why you need a witness other than covering all basses.
did you get his insurance info?

Lawyer instincts, cover all bases. It'll cost a little bit to repair but I doubt it'll be more than the excess. I might be wrong, I'll get a good look at it in the morning.

Shaneus

Ohhh, so reading that COTD page, the Vita DOES have motion-sensing. I thought it didn't, mainly because Wipeout didn't take advantage of it.

There weren't any games or memory cards on sale alongside that Vita on COTD, was there?

Kritz

Banned

GmLKc2b.jpg

or somethin'

Shaneus

Shaneus , Have you read this at all? Fred might like it too.

http://anandtech.com/show/6857/amd-stuttering-issues-driver-roadmap-fraps
Hmm... looks like an interesting read! Something you might find of interest in relation to it, is this:
Crossfire Microstutter – Afterburner vs Radeon Pro

Borderlands 2 Crossfire w/ MSI Afterburner frame cap:
borderlands2afterburner.png

Same game and config, w/ RadeonPro and dynamic framerate control + v-sync:
borderlands2radeonpro.png

Gotta say, since using that setup, I haven't noticed microstutter in anything! But it's not as thorough a solution as whatever the AMD one might be (haven't read that article yet).

Omikron

Congratulations!

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
looking good rlan

at first i was a bit worried as it seemed like every fling as far as you can flash game i've ever played... but then the different characters, and play styles with each guy, and working for the upgrades looks good

Gazunta

Oh YES Cods that's the game I was trying to remember when I was watching that video, thanks! God damn I was addicted as hell to that game.

Rlan, looks great! I'll be first in line for it.

Shaneus

And Bam! We've announced Fish Out Of Water!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2MXTIBhETI&feature=youtu.be

foow-screenshot_2.jpg

foow-screenshot_3.jpg

foow-screenshot_1.jpg

foow-screenshot_4.jpg

http://fishoutofwatergame.com/

Man if feels good to announce a game again! It's been a while :p
Damn, already it's blocked by my work's proxy. Is there any mention of if it's free(mium) or just a paid app? I would jump for joy if it was a one-cost, zero-IAP title, but I don't know whether that's a thing that's feasible anymore or not :/ Does look good from the screens, though!

PS. The trailer looks rad. No guns (or jetpack guns) means it's something I can play with my nephews, too :)

markot

Banned
Im ditching Vodafone cause they suck.

Buuuuut, my gs2 doesnt work with telstra >.<

But I just want a prepaid plan...

Whats a good cheap phone with 4g and also android!

Maybe ill just wait for gs3s to drop in price when the gs4 is released.

markot

Banned
How does your Galaxy S2 not work with Telstra...?

I dont know but I put the sim in and I can call but I cant mobiley internets it.

But I put the sim into an old Nokia and it works fine for both.

I dont know >_< I hate phones, theyre all good 'but!'

Xperia z? Good but not good camera.
HTC One? Good, but no expandable memory.
Nexus 4? Good but camera and no expandable memory and 4gggggggggg.......

Feh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom