• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I dont know but I put the sim in and I can call but I cant mobiley internets it.

But I put the sim into an old Nokia and it works fine for both.

You'll need to set it up to work with Telstra as Fred said above.

You might also need to get Vodafone to unlock it, just say you might be going overseas and need it unlocked.

I dont know but I put the sim in and I can call but I cant mobiley internets it.

I dont know >_< I hate phones, theyre all good 'but!'

Xperia z? Good but not good camera.

I dunno man... I just got an Xperia Z yesterday and the camera seems decent enough. Not what you'd expect from 13 bloody mega pixels, but certainly decent for a phone.

Then again, I'm not at all up on phones so it could just seem decent to me because my last phone was a joke!

jambo

I dunno man... I just got an Xperia Z yesterday and the camera seems decent enough. Not what you'd expect from 13 bloody mega pixels, but certainly decent for a phone.

Then again, I'm not at all up on phones so it could just seem decent to me because my last phone was a joke!

I can't find it at the moment, but there were some comparison pictures of the Z, S3 and the new BB10 I think it was, and the Z shots looked pretty awful...

HOORAY i made it to 12 weeks
now my tendon is back to being as strong as it was before i broke it
not that i can move it. still have 55 degrees untill its like my other finger, starting to think i wont get that movement back though
anyway yay my therapist says i cant break it, she just laughed and shook her head when i said that i managed to break it in the first place when there was nothing wrong with it so i can probably still break it again.
annoyed at them though, they were super busy today because of the long weekend, so after waiting 25 minutes (which happens every time regardless of the amount of people in there) i had to have my session in the boardroom, which was fine but it was only like 10 minutes and she didnt do many therapy things to it.
those things arnt cheap either so im pissed to be paying as much as i am to go for 10 minutes just so she can say yep good work that looks good still (which i dont think it does)
she liked my popeye tshirt though :S

Rlan

LET'S TALK BEER!

James_Squire_Stow_Away_IPA.png
EndeavourAmberAleBeer.jpg

Mmmmm....

Fusebox

Banned
I wouldn't be too fazed about 3G on the Vita. I've tethered mine to my phone and when the reception was less than perfect (maybe 4/5 bars) Wipeout took a good few minutes to load, and that's just the menu (and exiting out and going back in a few times). Would've been far better just not having it tethered at all.

The guy what sits next to me at work just got that catchoftheday 3G one as well but honestly given a choice between wifi or 3G I'd buy the wifi even if they were same price. I wouldn't even bother putting a sim in it so it would permanently display Insert Sim or whatever.

Shouldn't have to use my own bandwidth! If I'm using my work's time, I might as well use their data.
Except you can't, and you have an alternative!

You're just utilising slave labour instead.

LET'S TALK BEER!
Brewing a quadrupel this weekend (assuming I can make the candi sugar syrup myself, stuff paying $20 for 1kg) at home, and a golden ale with a mate.

I also have the grains ready to brew a milk chocolate stout and a Belgian pale ale before the end of May. Might be tight!

Aaand my saison should be ready to drink this weekend (better to wait another week, but I want it now) and my American pale ale is aging nicely.

Paid a lot of money to get these sent from Norway recently, too:
ba51ad7490da11e2b31922000aaa09f2_6.jpg

The one on the right was brewed in Australia, sent by boat to Norway, and then sent back to me, and is now reunited with its brother which was brewed in Norway and sent by boat to Australia:
7ff68678911a11e285f622000a1f8e95_6.jpg

Shaneus

The guy what sits next to me at work just got that catchoftheday 3G one as well but honestly given a choice between wifi or 3G I'd buy the wifi even if they were same price. I wouldn't even bother putting a sim in it so it would permanently display Insert Sim or whatever.
Probably right. But there's no real need for it, because if I'm travelling and I want to browse I just use my phone (with a similar screen size) and if I want to multiplay, there's a good chance the connection would be so spasmodic any type of gaming would be too unreliable. And on top of that, anything like trophies and high scores are stored offline anyway so next time you go online, they sync up anyway.

PS. 3G is outdated anyway, suckers :p

Shaneus

I got an 8gb thanks to a deal rep put me onto a while back (a deal even EB didn't know about!). Free 8gb card, courtesy of Sony. But good luck finding an EB with any 8gb cards in stock! Managed to find *one* in the entire Geelong and surrounds.

Still love to get my mitts on a 16 or 32, though. Just so I don't have to worry about storage... though having said that, I'm not sure how close I'm cutting it right now (probably saved a stack by not having Uncharted on there).

PS. How good is Wipeout 2048? God damn, I love that game. Although they totally ripped off the entire frontend (including the music!) of Ridge Racer 6 on 360.

Example:
2048 menu
RR6 menu

Shaneus

16GB for $48 =P

btw a mate of mine used them for vita memory, no dodgo.
Rad. I don't think there's any way they can be dodgy anyway (unless you're talking taking the money and running) because there's no such thing as a third party memory card. I assume there's no region locking for cards? I wouldn't put it past Sony :/

jambo

I have found a thread that cods needs to post in!

Beer drinking - do you actually enjoy the taste of beer?

Rad. I don't think there's any way they can be dodgy anyway (unless you're talking taking the money and running) because there's no such thing as a third party memory card. I assume there's no region locking for cards? I wouldn't put it past Sony :/

I meant more that the site might take 3 months to ship it, double charge you, etc.

Cards aren't region locked but you can only have one regions data on one. You can't put other region stuff on it unless you delete the first regions stuff off it first.

I can't find it at the moment, but there were some comparison pictures of the Z, S3 and the new BB10 I think it was, and the Z shots looked pretty awful...

Isn't the camera double the megapixels or something? How does that happen?!

I believe it though. My scientific analysis of the quality of the pics was to take a few pics around my office, and look at them on the screen. Shrug my shoulders and think "hmm, looks okay to me".

jambo

More megapixels != better pictures.

I think I heard something about the pixels being smaller. Plus Apple and Samsung seem to have better processing software.

More megapixels != better pictures.

I think I heard something about the pixels being smaller. Plus Apple and Samsung seem to have better processing software.

Yeah, I know megapixels aren't everything but shit... surely it's common sense to expect a 13 megapixel camera to take better pics than a 5 megapixel? At least it beats being one of those stooges who walks around taking photos with their iPad. I hate those guys.

Beer? DID SOMEONE SAY BEER?!

- Dan Murphys sells cartons of Hoegarden for $45
- First Choice sells Cantina (think Corona but imported from El Salvador) for $40

My girlfriend an I go through about a carton a week. We try to get a different beer each time. It pains me when I go to my friends place and they are drinking some gutter swill like VB.

Ydahs

So one of my iOS apps was downloaded more times in 24 hours than its Android equivalent was downloaded in 30 days. Is the Android market really that bad in Australia?

*flips table*

You don't like Cantina's? They taste good with lime, and the price is right.
I'm a bit of a beer snob. I'll drink Corona if it's hot and there's nothing else around, but it's not the first thing I'd choose (Dos Equis XX isn't bad).

But I don't seem to drink lager much any more. Haven't found a truly amazing one yet. Moon Dog's Love Tap is quite good, but I'm not throwing back a double lager to often.

teekun

So one of my iOS apps was downloaded more times in 24 hours than its Android equivalent was downloaded in 30 days. Is the Android market really that bad in Australia?

*flips table*

That's not just limited to Australia, is it? Android apps sell like shit compared to iOS equivalents everywhere from what I hear.

"Does anyone actually enjoy the taste of beer?" is the kind of question you'd only ever see on a fucking videogame forum.

Danoss

Yeah, I know megapixels aren't everything but shit... surely it's common sense to expect a 13 megapixel camera to take better pics than a 5 megapixel?

Again, more megapixels don't necessarily mean a better image. That's how it's sold to people though (a higher number must mean it's better, right?). Obviously if they're many generations apart you can assume one is better than the other, but you can't point at the megapixel count as the reason.

If you feed enough light to any camera, you can produce something pleasing. You'll note that the sample images for any phone camera will be shot exclusively during the daytime; there's a good reason for doing so. We are talking about phone cameras though, which are purely a convenience thing. They've come a long way that's for sure, but without some vast improvements in technology, their weaknesses will remain.

I'm a bit of a beer snob. I'll drink Corona if it's hot and there's nothing else around, but it's not the first thing I'd choose (Dos Equis XX isn't bad).

But I don't seem to drink lager much any more. Haven't found a truly amazing one yet. Moon Dog's Love Tap is quite good, but I'm not throwing back a double lager to often.

Well, I'm pretty new to the game! I'm trying to hone my taste in beers, without paying through the nose. Anything you would recommend?

I went on a trip through Amsterdam and Prague in October last year, and that was an eye opener. I tried a different beer everyday, and the quality bar was so much higher than what we have here (not to mention the price difference).

Anything you would recommend?
In what state do you live, and what beers have you tried that you liked/disliked?

Again, more megapixels don't necessarily mean a better image..
It's all (mostly) about the sensor, baby!

That's not just limited to Australia, is it? Android apps sell like shit compared to iOS equivalents everywhere from what I hear.
Yeah, it's pretty much everywhere. iOS has way better sales conversions than Android. iOS users are generally happy to pay for things where Android users generally prefer free but will put up with ads.

markot

Banned
The fact is my nokia n8 spoilt me for cameraing mobile wise.

Few years old and nothing comes close still >.>

Well, except for the pure view nokia put out with symbian months after telling everyone symbian was dead. Which in terms of smart business moves. Isnt.

Danoss

It's all (mostly) about the sensor, baby!

I'll take this as tongue-in-cheek as I know you're somewhat into photography. Unfortunately, many people believe this.

All sensors are at the mercy of the lens in front of it. Put the right lens on and you're onto a winning combination. Just look at the X100 which can make camera setups at twice the price look like chumps.

On the X100, I wish I could afford to sell mine off and upgrade to the incoming X100S. Goddamn that camera is just the X100 tuned to absolute perfection.

I'll take this as tongue-in-cheek as I know you're somewhat into photography. Unfortunately, many people believe this.
Expected a response discussing lenses, left satisfied.

Expect any phone with a tiny lens and sensor to create any amazing photos when photos are all about light is pretty unrealistic with today's tech, in my opinion.

This is cods
Is he shooting something with his fingers? About to put them somewhere uncomfortable? Trying to smell what a beer glass smells like? I'm confused.

Also yeah I stick my nose into the glass when tasting nice beer. So what big whoop wanna fight about it?

markot

Banned

Expect any phone with a tiny lens and sensor to create any amazing photos when photos are all about light is pretty unrealistic with today's tech, in my opinion.

Whats stopping them from putting in decent lenses >_<? WHAT?!

jambo

Yeah, it's pretty much everywhere. iOS has way better sales conversions than Android. iOS users are generally happy to pay for things where Android users generally prefer free but will put up with ads.

Example: Angry Birds on iOS is $0.99, whilst on Android it's $0.00 with a $0.99 option to remove ads.

The fact is my nokia n8 spoilt me for cameraing mobile wise.

Few years old and nothing comes close still >.>

N8 still beasting

markot

Banned
Why did labour get so scared of 'class warfare'

Apparently they cant even suggest a mining tax without turds in their own party cowering in fear that people might suggest that its 'class warfare'...

Cowardly cowards of the most cowly cowness.

Danoss

No other response possible when it's the main remaining important element, really.

Under the right conditions, those small sensors and lenses can absolutely create amazing photos. Expecting them to perform in a similar fashion under less desirable conditions is the unrealistic part. Those who see images which are shot under optimal conditions and are less informed or knowledgeable may end up asking more of these cameras, only to be disappointed by the reality.

*flips table*

What kind of 'app' is it? I can't recall the last thing I downloaded for my phone, I really have no need for apps.

Games are a different story!

teekun

Why did labour get so scared of 'class warfare'

Apparently they cant even suggest a mining tax without turds in their own party cowering in fear that people might suggest that its 'class warfare'...

Cowardly cowards of the most cowly cowness.

Sounds like the same tactic being used in the US. They've found a catch-phrase they can use to get the poor and downtrodden to stand up for the people who are stomping all over them. Start throwing around words like "class war" and you're THAT close to "communism" which will get even the most shit-upon citizens all riled up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom