• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyfriend's film got into Cannes! :D

But we can't afford to go :(

Holy shit congrats!

Hope you can swing a way to get up there, shame you are in Campbell country. Maybe someone there will be able to slip through some arts grant kind of money for him to attend and represent us.

That is awesome news for Aussies :)

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Thanks guys :D Even if he can't make it there its still pretty exciting.

Its a short film about a pregnant aboriginal teen, and he was the editor/cinematographer. Its not online but if it ends up on youtube I will gladly post it.

lol, who would throw money at that? :p

awesome.

I'm looking at subscribing to the adobe creative cloud soon so I can get back into editing. I miss it so.

Boyfriend's film got into Cannes! :D

But we can't afford to go :(.
That is really cool! Add me to the list of people who win things and can't go to get them.

And yeah, surely there's a state government fund you can hit up for some money to represent Australia...

Boring tech award--first in Australia!--but only one person can go to San Francisco to get it, so I sent someone I manage instead :(

Least I'm getting an article
that I wrote in thirty minutes
published in an industry magazine. Also, today was the first time I heard about said industry magazine or that I had to write an article for it.

That is really cool! Add me to the list of people who win things and can't go to get them.

And yeah, surely there's a state government fund you can hit up for some money to represent Australia...

Boring tech award--first in Australia!--but only one person can go to San Francisco to get it, so I sent someone I manage instead :(

You're suppose to delegate the crappy stuff to you're underlings, not the free international trips. Some manager you are.

I just found it
Nice! Where? Only place I've ever seen it is at the Microbrewery Showcase last week and in March last year. I assume it's easy to find around Geelong way.

You're suppose to delegate the crappy stuff to you're underlings, not the free international trips. Some manager you are.
I know, I was hoping we'd both get approval to go, but honestly he does more of the on the ground work and is really passionate about it, so I figure best to give it to him.

Really wanted to go to San Francisco... and I suppose the related conference... but San Francisco! Yeah, he'll probably get more out of it.

senahorse

Just bought this print that is a cross of Firefly and Dr Who, pretty cool.

3796987_1104171_lz.jpg

edit: Stupid quote of the day

''In Sydney's west you can be on a quarter of a million dollars family income a year and you're still struggling,'' Mr Fitzgibbon said.

Now I am not saying the above is not possible, but jesus christ if you're struggling on that kind of money you're doing something very wrong.

YOUR FREE XBOX LIVE GOLD MEMBERSHIP TRIAL CODE*:
Quote to see codes...

YOUR FREE ARCADE GAME CODE - TOY SOLDIERS:
Quote to see codes...

YOUR FREE ARCADE GAME CODE - THE MAW:
Quote to see codes...

You should hide that so lurkers can't get at it.
Good idea. Hidden! Probably already gone...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
So I'm going to a party with no idea how I'm going get home apart from a $50 taxi being my worst case scenario or best case scenario a friend giving me a lift back home. (know a few other friends who are going too) or some other random potential things that could happen at a party like this.

Thisisgoingbegood.jpg. Also my whole family isn't even home either lololol.

Deeku

Ya know I went to, like, 2 parties during my whole semi-extended uni life:/

I'm not a party person, so that's my lame excuse..for being lame!

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Ya know I went to, like, 2 parties during my whole semi-extended uni life:/

I'm not a party person, so that's my lame excuse..for being lame!
I really enjoyed the last few parties because it suits my personality. Despite the fact I'm not a fan of certain things about them. Definitely would prefer to consider myself a moderate party-goer.
dude just crash on someone's couch
That's one of the random things that might end up happening.

Shaneus

WHAT'S THE CHEAPEST WAY FOR ME TO GET BIOSHOCK UNLIMITED ON MY PEECEE?!?

Also, I hope everyone managed to snag Antichamber when it was cheap on Steam this week (unless it still is). I haven't finished it yet, but it's insane to think it was basically all done by a single Australian man.

tmA9wbE.png

reggie

Banned
I'm playing through Walking Dead episode 1 right now since it was free on XBL... and it's shit. Why was this hyped again? Terrible performance aside, the forced choices and shitty animation takes me straight out of the game. Not to mention Zombies are so fucking played out at this point that they have lost all meaning. Shit, shit, shit.

Everybody betray me.

Jintor

Probably had something to do with the rest of the episodes and the emotional impact felt upon conclusion

Not for everyone though. Gotta admit I still find the animations a little janky. Hope Telltale improves their technical engine

Playing Infinite on my PC in comfy couch mode on the TV with the missus watching and an Xbox controller, I think I'll be gaming more like this because chatting about the games as it happens is pretty special.

Jintor

Gravity Rush getting worse by the second. Strong first impression and continues to impress aesthetically, but repetition, a shitty camera and a completely meh story are really bugging me.

Rewatching the MGSV trailer over and over. Damn that looks good. Trailer is cut so fucking well.

jambo

Bioshock Infinite for $39.99 at OzGameShop (emailed code)

Playing Infinite on my PC in comfy couch mode on the TV with the missus watching and an Xbox controller, I think I'll be gaming more like this because chatting about the games as it happens is pretty special.

Yeah Steam Big Picture Mode is pretty awesome, plus the PC has one of the best controllers set up for most games at launch.

I hear some shit went down at Sega Australia today.

I just went to Twitter and searched SEGA Australia and the first result was

@Rlan2 I hear some shit went down at Sega Australia today. 1m

=P

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
so the new season of Red Dwarf is damn good.

laugh out loud good.

I didn't rate teh back to earth specials at all.

new season is great.

watch.

Shaneus

Oh shit. In one of my numerous stalking sessions when getting info on PGR4, the guy who did the video composition/editing for PGR4, Farewell Bizarre and many others, Eamon Urtone, visited my (dummy) LinkedIn account a few weeks ago. Bahahaha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom