• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm playing through Walking Dead episode 1 right now since it was free on XBL... and it's shit. Why was this hyped again? Terrible performance aside, the forced choices and shitty animation takes me straight out of the game. Not to mention Zombies are so fucking played out at this point that they have lost all meaning. Shit, shit, shit.

Everybody betray me.

I agree, TWD game really bored the hell out of me. Bunch of emotional pussies voted for that game.

I agree, TWD game really bored the hell out of me. Bunch of emotional pussies voted for that game.

I couldn't give less of a shit about the Walking Dead game but this is an absurd, knuckle-dragging troglodyte post. Amazing you can manipulate a phone or a steering wheel, let alone both at once.

I wonder whether playing on a console puts people on a different mindset to, say, a PC or iPad. Perhaps playing on consoles makes players less receptive to styles which are less action focused?

Anyone play TWD on a console and love it? I played on PC and enjoyed it, despite its many shortcomings.

reggie

Banned
I wonder whether playing on a console puts people on a different mindset to, say, a PC or iPad. Perhaps playing on consoles makes players less receptive to styles which are less action focused?

Anyone play TWD on a console and love it? I played on PC and enjoyed it, despite its many shortcomings.

Oh please. You are basically saying all console players are COD casuals.

Deeku

Gravity Rush getting worse by the second. Strong first impression and continues to impress aesthetically, but repetition, a shitty camera and a completely meh story are really bugging me.
the charm kept me going. but yeah, had to force myself to finish it.

Oh please. You are basically saying all console players are COD casuals.
I'm not saying that at all. In my house the consoles are in the traditional 'comfy couch' setup and my PC is at a desk.

If I'm buying a game I think is a more action oriented game, I'm more likely to buy it for console. Not because it's for casual idiots, but because the setting is conducive to the type of game.

My point is that TWD might not be a sit back and relax, or be energized type game.

No need to fly off the handle.

Rezbit

The Walking Dead pretty much sucked arse. Above average and sometimes interesting story coupled with really bad everything else.

Jintor

the charm kept me going. but yeah, had to force myself to finish it.

I wish I gave a damn about the story, Kat is a really charming character. And the powers are rad as shit, but like... I kinda feel gravity should be magnetised to objects, or that there should be a buttons so I can just hop over a side instead of having to jump, fall a bit, and re-plunge to earth. Also the camera is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked. Like, super fucked. And the gyro can't decide when it wants to be on or off, like, it'll toggle when you float but it'll keep being on just enough after you launch that it'll fuck up your camera direction. Christ.

Also that stupid dumbass dream sequence which turned it into a shitty platformer for about 15 minutes. Vita's just not precise enough for that stuff.

Danoss

DriveThruRPG has an awesome TableTop Day Free Bundle. Some people here should jump right on it.

Altus Adventum Primer
Brass & Steel Quickstart: The Case of the Croquet Mallet
Conspiracy X 2.0 - Introductory Game Kit
Dresden Files RPG Casefile: Neutral Grounds
FirstFable
H1 Keep on the Shadowfell & Quick-Start Rules (4e)
Legacy of Disaster
Leverage: The Quickstart Job
Little Fears Nightmare Edition
Mistborn Adventure Game Primer
Nightmare on Hill Manor
Outbreak: Undead - Quick Start Guide
Parsely #1: Action Castle
Qin: The Warring States free demo kit
Rogue Trader Forsaken Bounty - Quickstart
Savage Worlds: Test Drive
Scion: Hero
Shadowrun: Quick-Start Rules (Free RPG Day 2012)
Station Zero: The Abusement Park, a Maschine Zeit Toolkit
The Esoterrorists

There is no need to pinch yourself, that is indeed full copies of Little Fears Nightmare Edition, Action Castle, and The Esoterrorists. That's a lot of RPG goodness right there.

RIP in peace Carlton.

Seriously though... WHY

They went to an ATM machine but had forgotten their PIN number.

Danoss

I don't have anyone to play RPGs with, but I like free, and you never know, so thanks.

Would've thought you'd see more sales from board game places this week. Not that I can afford any right now.

I plan to run The Esoterrorists at some point for the people here, and I have all of the scenarios for it. Once I can get my brain to start behaving I'll get right on it. I'm glad that's become free so any interested parties can have a copy of the PDF.

Milsims are having an in-store only sale on Saturday for the TableTop Day thing. That's about the only thing I've seen. They tweeted about it earlier today, minor details here for anyone interested.

My mum and brother are coming down for Easter, so I'm hoping to have my first game of Android: Netrunner with my brother as he plays with his friends down in Wollongong. My brother has found a party to go on Saturday which will encroach on most of the possible gaming time, hardly surprising as he always does some shit like that.

So I'm going to a party with no idea how I'm going get home apart from a $50 taxi being my worst case scenario or best case scenario a friend giving me a lift back home. (know a few other friends who are going too) or some other random potential things that could happen at a party like this.

Thisisgoingbegood.jpg. Also my whole family isn't even home either lololol.

yeah laf just crash on someones couch, then fuck them

lexi

Banned
I'm at a bit of an impasse. I have a PC / TV setup so that I can comfy couch game if I want to, but I suck at FPS's on a controller... But it's so nice to lie back and geek out over the beauty of Columbia on my Plasma, what am I do to?

Before anyone says anything It's impractical for me to use a KB/M on something that's not a desk.

Shaneus

Thank you!

PS- a chimp isn't a monkey. FYI and all that.
Don't worry, that statement came from a guy who can't tell American male voices apart. Chimps and monkeys probably *are* the same thing.

yeah laf just crash on someones couch, then fuck them
The couch doesn't qualify as a "them", Barney.
would

I'm at a bit of an impasse. I have a PC / TV setup so that I can comfy couch game if I want to, but I suck at FPS's on a controller... But it's so nice to lie back and geek out over the beauty of Columbia on my Plasma, what am I do to?

Before anyone says anything It's impractical for me to use a KB/M on something that's not a desk.
It *might* be worth trying something like this:
ih1bFCC.jpg

~$50 (they were on OzBargains earlier, but appear to have sold out)
Your right thumb could *probably* comfortably reach about 80% of the mouse pad, but I'm not sure how it would feel for games. I bought one (comfy couch) but never really got comfortable enough in my couch (too much stuff on said couch) to sit on it, so I haven't used it a lot. From what I did, it was good... but I doubt it would be decent for gaming.
Or maybe something like this, but I don't know how available (or cheap) that is in Australia. Maybe get a Stable Table and hot glue (or whatever) a McDonald's tray onto it for the ultimate in ghetto gamer geek chic ;)

Jintor

Getting near the endgame of Gravity Daze and the camera is just spazzing out now. A lock-on system might have helped, too. There's almost nothing more frustrating than gravity kicking towards a flying enemy and they do some stupid prepare to attack animation and that moves the core enough to dodge your awesome flying kick. Unless that frustrating thing is the stupid touch screen moves like Slide (worthless) or evade (YOU NEED IT BUT YOU GOTTA FLICK THE GOD DAMN SCREEN FOR IT). In fact the most consistently useful move is whirlwind because it has tracking so you don't need to flip out about the camera for a bit.

Jintor

I still think it's a pretty good game but whoever was designing the controls clearly did not collaborate with the person creating the combat system. There's a sound effect for tells but no visual effect and the lag time between a tell and a hit is way too close for an evade that doesn't have a button. At least it has invincibility frames. No lock-on though is absolutely painful. I don't even want to talk about how shit sliding is.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

you require a beer keg coffee table between your couch and tv, it's the perfect solution and treats me well.

Jintor

Also to evade you have to put your thumb on the screen, or, to put it another way, you need to obscure your own vision and not be able to see incoming attacks. Great job.

Also to evade you have to put your thumb on the screen, or, to put it another way, you need to obscure your own vision and not be able to see incoming attacks. Great job.

you dont need to put it in the middle of the screen anywhere will do like the bottom corner of the screen. That doesn't mean it's not a stupid implementation though but the problem isn't obscuring the screen its letting go of one side of your controller to perform some stupid touch bullshit that could have just been a button.

reggie

Banned
I'm not saying that at all. In my house the consoles are in the traditional 'comfy couch' setup and my PC is at a desk.

If I'm buying a game I think is a more action oriented game, I'm more likely to buy it for console. Not because it's for casual idiots, but because the setting is conducive to the type of game.

My point is that TWD might not be a sit back and relax, or be energized type game.

No need to fly off the handle.

What nonsense. It doesn't matter what type of game TWD dead is. The story and choices are just shit.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Looks like GMG have a codemasters sale on at the moment.

Grid showdown is under $10 along with F1 race stars.

Are we dumb enough to buy one of them for a game night over easter?

Shaneus

Looks like GMG have a codemasters sale on at the moment.

Grid showdown is under $10 along with F1 race stars.

Are we dumb enough to buy one of them for a game night over easter?
DON'T DO IT. Buy Dirt 1 or 2 if you don't own them, don't waste your money on 3 or Showdown or Race Stars. Save for Sonic Transformed instead.

Milsims are having an in-store only sale on Saturday for the TableTop Day thing. That's about the only thing I've seen.
Least the deliveries won't take forever! If they're holding gaming sessions I may have been interested but I've already got other plans.

Speaking of Table Top Day, any AusGAFfers doing anything for it?

What nonsense. It doesn't matter what type of game TWD dead is. The story and choices are just shit.
Oh please. You're basically saying anyone who likes games you don't like is an idiot.

I'll be sure to consult the Reggiepedia before buying my next game.

Shaneus

F1 2012, yes no?
If you haven't played a Codies F1 game before... yes. If you have, then stick with whatever it is you already have.

Personally, I preferred the driving in 2011, but if you're new to it then I don't think you'll be too fussed.

Although, I'll let the OT for F1 2012 speak for itself. The very first post:
EnkcYLX.png

I felt more emotionally invested in that game than I think anything I had played before. Different people, different opinions etc.
Wrong.

and check yer freakin' PMs, man. I swear, there was a time when you could sent naked pictures via PM and get a fairly quick response.

Jintor

you dont need to put it in the middle of the screen anywhere will do like the bottom corner of the screen. That doesn't mean it's not a stupid implementation though but the problem isn't obscuring the screen its letting go of one side of your controller to perform some stupid touch bullshit that could have just been a button.

Same thing for gravity sliding only the controls for turning in that are even worse. Damn if that thing had been a toggle I'd use it all the goddamn time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom