• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredescu

I'm sorry to hear that, Fred. I hope your friend finally gets the help he needs despite being refused it in the past (sorry, I looked up the story). Sounds like a shitty situation that got worse due to negligence by the system.

Apparently it's going to take years to even know if it's going to be jail or care. So it's a bit crap.

Stackboy

Reposting for the people that may have missed it or been away for the long weekend.

Okey Dokey AusGAF,

In the spirit of the season (huh? wha?) I've got a whole bunch of Steam codes to offer to you all. I would far prefer to only give them to regular contributors, but seeing as how some of them are the usual bunch of often cheap and bundled games we all amass, I may have to cast a wider net if I don't get too many bites. Please quote and reply with which game you are interested in and I'll PM you the code.

All codes should work (i.e. I haven't redeemed them) so I apologize if they don't, for some unknown reason.

Here's the list:
Trine
Magika
Magika Vietnam
Home
Victoria II
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
Darwinia
Multiwinia
Defcon
Uplink
Beat Hazard Ultra
Nightsky HD
Solar 2
Dungeon Defenders + All DLC
Darksiders
Metro 2033
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Faerie Solitaire

I'll take Magika Vietnam if you are still offering, thanks!

Anyone here use spotify?

I've been using it since it was available in Australia (and used it in the US when I was there last year, just before it hit our shores) and liked it so much that I subscribed to it.

Shaneus

EVO is an eSport event though. Doesn't eSport mean electronic Sport?
I consider it more to be a tournament, I guess. But I still hate that fucking term, it just doesn't sit right with me. Just like Android devices, the spelling of "color" and Holy.

This is reminiscent of the discussion I had in the "EDM" thread, because somehow "EDM" is different from "electronic music". Except this time I'm on the side that's arguing a point that can't be justifiably backed up :/

You shut your whore mouth!
Damn straight. Still hate the term eSports, but I can see the enjoyment in watching an FPS eSports thing going on, kinda like The Running Man.

The only context in which "eSports" can appropriately be used is when people are playing electronic sports games together. Implying any kind of electronic game is a "sport" is fucking stupid. If that's the case, where do we stop? Is Words With Friends "eSports"? Farmville? FUCKING BEJEWELLED*?

*damn straight, spelt it properly

Dead Man

I consider it more to be a tournament, I guess. But I still hate that fucking term, it just doesn't sit right with me. Just like Android devices, the spelling of "color" and Holy.

This is reminiscent of the discussion I had in the "EDM" thread, because somehow "EDM" is different from "electronic music". Except this time I'm on the side that's arguing a point that can't be justifiably backed up :/

Everyone has prejudices, at least you recognise one.

Bigot.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag

Damn straight. Still hate the term eSports, but I can see the enjoyment in watching an FPS eSports thing going on, kinda like The Running Man.

The only context in which "eSports" can appropriately be used is when people are playing electronic sports games together. Implying any kind of electronic game is a "sport" is fucking stupid. If that's the case, where do we stop? Is Words With Friends "eSports"? Farmville? FUCKING BEJEWELLED*?

*damn straight, spelt it properly

lol.

yes no ones trying to use it in any other context.

on GAF you'll find the only time it's used is to describe: sc2, lol, dota 2, quake, cs, games at evo

all games that revolve around their big tourney scene for the viewings

Fusebox

Banned

'Eh. I've been calling it all techno since the early 90's. I know better but I can't be arsed and the word 'techno' just sounds rad.

Apparently it's going to take years to even know if it's going to be jail or care. So it's a bit crap.
Seems a bit shit (yet typical) for someone to ask for help, get refused, snap and then get jailed for their behavior. We offer shitty (or refuse) healthcare for people that desperately need it yet elective surgeries get scheduled within a few weeks if you're private. *sigh*

I'll take Magika Vietnam if you are still offering, thanks!
When I get home I'll grab the code and send it on. If I happen to forget (because I'm a horrible, horrible person) please remind me.

Apparently you remember stuff better if you write it down than if you type it out.
That doesn't bode well for Stackboy...

Danoss

Went back to my piercer to see if my ears were ready for a change of jewellery. Not only were they ready for that, but I was able to go the next size up. Hello 0g (8mm) plugs!

I can't get a good picture of them, because you have to look at them straight on or you won't see them. Here's a stock image instead.

CFj0S5O.jpg

When I worked for Apple they INSISTED we call them Notebooks cause Laptop implies it's okay to use them on your lap.
This makes so much sense now

<_>

Paper? Like, a pad? What is this, 1982?
EVERYONE GO WATCH BLADE RUNNER FFS OTHERWISE STUDIOS WONT GIVE THIS SHIT A CHANCE IN THE FUTURE!

'Eh. I've been calling it all techno since the early 90's. I know better but I can't be arsed and the word 'techno' just sounds rad.

Yeah most of my collection is labelled Techno until about 2009 when I switched to labeling everything Electronic to be even more lazy.

markot

Banned
Went back to my piercer to see if my ears were ready for a change of jewellery. Not only were they ready for that, but I was able to go the next size up. Hello 0g (8mm) plugs!

I can't get a good picture of them, because you have to look at them straight on or you won't see them. Here's a stock image instead.

CFj0S5O.jpg
That's almost as silly as getting a tattoo...

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
only thing that gets me out of bed on days i feel shitty is the need to feed the cat and give her water.
so i bought an automated electronic feeder and water fountain.
gg

jambo

I think one of the major issues with people's understanding of science, especially evolution, is the scientific use of the word "theory."

The general word refers to something that is speculated or unsubstantiated, whereas a scientific theory is a "well-substantiated explanation, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom