• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 8 - Worksafe Wankers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Dutch ovens for everyone ;)

Pfft. If you have an inferior circulatory system and require a doona in the current climate I suggest you may well be unAustralian. Doona's are for winter. Winter.

I like sleeping with a quilt, so i put my fan on full blast and leave my windows open to make it extra cold :D

Fans are the worst. Who wants to sleep when there's this awful "neeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in your ear, and a dry breeze on your face?

Quilt? Doona.

Omi knows what's up.

I currently have two doona. It is the best. Also a good solution if you and your partner are both blanket hogs!

Defiance is pretty good. Definitely the best a MMO Shooter has been thus far. Way more stuff to do than Planetside 2 and its endless and pointless grind and meat factories

Danoss

I like sleeping with a quilt, so i put my fan on full blast and leave my windows open to make it extra cold :D

I do this on occasion too. If it's too cool with no doona and too hot with the doona (or even the one leg in/one leg out trick) then the easiest thing is to make it cooler.

BowieZ

Banned
I do this on occasion too. If it's too cool with no doona and too hot with the doona (or even the one leg in/one leg out trick) then the easiest thing is to make it cooler.
One leg in one leg out isn't a trick for me, it's essential; a lifestyle. No matter what temperature I can not get to sleep comfortably without one leg in one leg out.

PS it's quilt ;)

Jintor

By the way lexi nice to see you in here. Don't recall you hanging out here much with us plebs

SHANSHAN, DEEK, YOU NEED TO WATCH LITTLE WITCH ACADEMIA.

iW7X9njGpPXhP.gif

LAF you've already watched it my god it's amazing

Dead Man

By the way lexi nice to see you in here. Don't recall you hanging out here much with us plebs

iW7X9njGpPXhP.gif

That looks more interesting than any japanese animation I have seen in years.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Commanderdeek: Not exactly, but the studio that made it has a TV series coming up in Fall 2013. Directed by the guy who is known for such hits as Gurren Lagann, Panty & Stocking, Dead Leaves etc. And the guy who did LWA will probably have a key role in the production whether it's been involved in key animation, animation direction or storyboarding and so on.

@ShanShan: Amusingly, I actually got your BF to watch LWA last night, he thought it was aright from what I can remember. You should definitely watch it too and give your opinion!

Getting up to go to work at this time of the morning is te worst. Ugh.

In other news, I finally finished the first draft of the novel I've been working on since last November. It still needs a lot of work and I have to tighten up the proverbial adjectives in chapter 3, but the hard part is over.

I blame you for this, Choc >:-(

At least that is the only thing I have limp.
Are you coming on to me?

Fans are the worst. Who wants to sleep when there's this awful "neeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in your ear, and a dry breeze on your face
If that's the worse thing to end up in you ear or over your face while you sleep, be thankful.

Oh, and its a continental quilt, you heathens. This is why we dumped you in this country in the first place.

Getting up to go to work at this time of the morning is te worst. Ugh.

In other news, I finally finished the first draft of the novel I've been working on since last November. It still needs a lot of work and I have to tighten up the proverbial adjectives in chapter 3, but the hard part is over.

I blame you for this, Choc >:-(
I hope there is a crate in the first scene.

lexi

Banned

iW7X9njGpPXhP.gif

Mostly it's cause I'm terrible at managing subscriptions. I'll try to hang around mor--oh god that gif is cute.

jambo

So EA/Maxis have added Nissan electric car charging stations to SimCity... but they use 0 power and give you free happiness...

What are they doing?!

Depends. Is it working?
All signs indicate a 'yes'... But I had not long woken up, so you may be getting ascribed credit for... morning residuals.

Edit: that is flat out awesome, jambo. They're probably at the point now that they know they've fucked it up so bad that they might as well go out in style. And make some extra cash with a promotional tie in. The real question is, what the hell is Nissan doing getting mixed up with that cluster fuck?

Shaneus

Wot's innit?

So EA/Maxis have added Nissan electric car charging stations to SimCity... but they use 0 power and give you free happiness...

What are they doing?!
Ugh, SMH. They don't take power from the grid?

Paid DLC or free?

PS. I love this crusade you've gone on against EA/Maxis/Sim City. I don't know if you bought it or not, but I'm glad you're keeping us up to date with all the b/s that's happening with it... I wouldn't know otherwise! Such a clusterfuck.

PPS. AusGAF, need a laugh? Enjoy.

PPPS.
.... There is a difference between a quilt and a doona?

Tbh I usually just call it a blanket.
Blankets, quilts and doonas are all different. Blanket = single layer, single piece bit of (usually) woolen fibre, most commonly used at scout camps and for making out on at things like Carols by Candlelight and on a car bonnet at a drive-in movie (and maybe at scout camps, if that's your thing).

Quilt = like that thing in that Simpsons episode that Santos L. Halper tore up. Keep on truckin'.

Doona = Full of freshly plucked duck feathers, chicken feathers and the like. Sometimes, you may actually find entire ducks attached to the duck feathers. Some people call this "the jackpot". I call it unsanitary.

Omikron

.... There is a difference between a quilt and a doona?

Tbh I usually just call it a blanket.

I think doona actually originates from a brand name or something (original is duvet? maybe), usually I associate it with a feather filled blanket, a quilt is some sort of fabric only blanket.

Jintor

Fans are the worst. Who wants to sleep when there's this awful "neeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" in your ear, and a dry breeze on your face?

!

That you can get used to.

The fucking worst is mosquitos. Their buzzing is inconsistent and sometimes they fly right up to your ear and buzz you, the fuckers

Fusebox

Banned
Tales of Grace F - Aus store with PS+ discount is $50

Regular price on the US store is $35.

I'm slowly using my Aus account less and less and making more purchases with my US account.

Why you gotta fuck me like this Sony?

For you iOS heathens with kids, some free apps.

Pfft that's not how you sell something!

Red Orchestra, Red Orchestra 2 and Killing Floor with all the DLC steamkeys for $3!!!

I paid like $2 for plain ole Killing Floor not long ago, like the fucking chump that I am :(

I don't get it.
PC gamer of old?

Blanket = single layer, single piece bit of (usually) woolen fibre, most commonly used at scout camps and for making out on at things like Carols by Candlelight and on a car bonnet at a drive-in movie (and maybe at scout camps, if that's your thing).

Quilt = like that thing in that Simpsons episode that Santos L. Halper tore up. Keep on truckin'.

Doona = Full of freshly plucked duck feathers, chicken feathers and the like. Sometimes, you may actually find entire ducks attached to the duck feathers. Some people call this "the jackpot". I call it unsanitary.
This ugly fella is onto a good thing here guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom