• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show should have been full yuri and Tusk's constant mouthfulls removed.

Its ok. Canon ending is Tusk gets cucked to death and just becomes a side character in Ange's massive harem. Source -

Gmyjgzc.jpg

Poco's udon world 3

Everytime! Every single time I hear Poco say Souta, my hearts melts from the cuteness and happiness this little guy brings to this show. This story is funny, cute as fuck, full of warm feelings and gosh does it make me happy.

The relationship of father/son in this show is just the best.

Cornbread78

Poco's udon world 3
Everytime! Every single time I hear Poco say Souta, my hearts melts from the cuteness and happiness this little guy brings to this show. This story is funny, cute as fuck, full of warm feelings and gosh does it make me happy.
The relationship of father/son in this show is just the best.

Shit, I think I'm missing a nice "feel good" kinda show here... I gotta look this one up now.

Its ok. Canon ending is Tusk gets cucked to death and just becomes a side character in Ange's massive harem. Source -

Lol, well, she could've had one hell of a harem too.

Oh well. Can you imagine what people would have said if Tusk became a generic LN harem master with all the dragon ladies? Now that could have gotten interesting, lol.

JulianImp

...Wow, that makes me kind of glad I dropped it on the episode where they got to dragon Earth. That sure's some crappy stuff...

If I get it right, a show that was all about blatant yuri ends up with Ange denying the guy who had been grooming her for who knows how long, only to end up with the show's equivalent of Rito instead? That sure makes sense, yeah.

Personally, I don't understand why the hell forcibly bringing two people together (by "accidents" that always get them mad at each other, no less) would ever result in the two falling in love.

...Wow, that makes me kind of glad I dropped it on the episode where they got to dragon Earth. That sure's some crappy stuff...

If I get it right, a show that was all about blatant yuri ends up with Ange denying the guy who had been grooming her for who knows how long, only to end up with the show's equivalent of Rito instead? That sure makes sense, yeah.

Personally, I don't understand why the hell forcibly bringing two people together (by "accidents" that always get them mad at each other, no less) would ever result in the two falling in love.

The romance thing was actually telegraphed early on from the moment Tusk was introduced. He was clearly who Ange was ending up with all along.

JulianImp

The romance thing was actually telegraphed early on from the moment Tusk was introduced. He was clearly who Ange was ending up with all along.

Yeah, but it was still meh. Even if he was a somewhat reliable and nice guy at times, the whole Rito-ism of falling onto Ange's crotch every other scene definitely got boring as hell, and it didn't seem like Ange was actually happy with it (or, at least, shouldn't have been).

I swear, ecchi fanservice mood whiplashes are even worse than their comedy counterpart. So they're talking about something relevant to the plot or doing something heroic... but hey, here's Tusk tripping and groping Ange again! Isn't that hilarous? (Answer: no)

Watched the first episode of Soul Eater and it is rather bad. Don't think it is going to be what I wanted. T_T I will watch another episode but it was painful to sit through for a number of reasons:
- inconsistent tone
- poor, juvenile humor
- the obligatory shounen fanservice
- really bad expository dialogue
- ??? gender politics
- the set up for their ultimate goal

If the show gets better, the first episode is a really poor first step. I was wondering why I only watched the first episode back when it aired, and now I know.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Watched the first episode of Soul Eater and it is rather bad. Don't think it is going to be what I wanted. T_T I will watch another episode but it was painful to sit through for a number of reasons:
- inconsistent tone
- poor, juvenile humor
- ??? gender politics

If the show gets better, the first episode is a really poor first step. I was wondering why I only watched the first episode back when it aired, and now I know.

I feel like it does get better but I too never stuck around for more than one episode. I just watched Book of Bantorra instead I think.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hey, I loved the subtle metaphor of that fruit falling to the ground after we were shown a couple cuts of the cops kicking the crap out of her... oh, the subtlety.

Finally found the pie image on an old thread, so here it is for your viewing pleasure.

Her hair is not corporeal.

JulianImp

Tusk is the best because of how mad his existence makes people.

I don't whine at Rito in his own show, but having a male side character end up with the protagonist in a freaking yuri show is all sorts of wrong.

Or maybe Ange ended up getting into giving Tusk a faceful of her crotch after a while? Harenchi, I say!

And it isn't like any of the girls that were all obviously into her couldn't have helped her with that as well.

Qurupeke

3-gatsu no Lion 2-3
Episode 3 hit all the right notes for me. The tragic twist on Nikaidou and that amazing but sad scene with Hina were kind of devastating. I'm looking forward to what the future beholds, the one with the most tragic past seems to be Akari.
Someone voiced by Sugita, glasses and a gorilla visit a hostess. Hmm.......

- inconsistent tone
- poor, juvenile humor
- ??? gender politics

If you didn't find the first episode fun, the rest of the show is most likely not for you. It's standard shounen with an above average sense of style.

Jintor

- inconsistent tone
- poor, juvenile humor
- ??? gender politics

yeah but that dope 1st episode animation tho

actually i thought the gender politics is fine. maka is a great character and she and soul get along great. i guess skeezy dad and lust archetype medusa (well... not really) kinda roll around though.

can't really argue on the rest. it coasts on style for a while but i don't think the story is brilliant or anything. not even a 'generic shonen done real well' like MHA or anything (though the anime for MHA has its own problems). I liked it well enough until ep 30 or so tho

I don't really know anything about the quality of the original manga, but the premise and art style seem super unappealing to me. It's just a bit disappointing to see a super talented director being wasted like this.

It's a solid slice of life series and the author's second best work (behind Metsuko), but despite the premise it's kind of unremarkable. Still the best thing Kyoani's adapting in years.

Qurupeke

Shuumatsu no Izetta 3-4
Man, this has turned out a lot better than I expected. It's so over the top that even if the writing becomes completely bad, it will still be enjoyable. So far, though, I can't say there's something inherently bad about it, such a relief. A very fun show with a witch riding rifles while throwing lances to planes and swords to tanks.

There's a slight focus on politics, but not something particularly deep. The show has plenty of lighthearted moments and I'd say it hasn't highlighted the war's true face yet, even if it tried to clumsily depict that at the start of episode 3. I guess that's fine though. As long as they can balance the mood and not make the show extremely silly, while they keep the over the top action, I'm satisfied.

And this is the most yuri show this season. Fine has her own yuri harem consisting of a witch, a maid and a military waifu.

Exalted

I just hope that Izetta doesn't end up the same way as Kabaneri did towards the second half. With the evil notnazis and the current level of writing anything is possible.

Taruranto

Erin new OP

Holy moly, what's the hell is this!

https://vimeo.com/71711879

The visuals are fine, even better than the previous ones that were just over 99999 death flags for the mum. I understand they were going for a more dramatic tone since we are going to get into the main part of Erin's plot, but the song feels like the singer is dying!

Cornbread78

I don't whine at Rito in his own show, but having a male side character end up with the protagonist in a freaking yuri show is all sorts of wrong.

Or maybe Ange ended up getting into giving Tusk a faceful of her crotch after a while? Harenchi, I say!

And it isn't like any of the girls that were all obviously into her couldn't have helped her with that as well.

But, Tusk was a fine male specimin according to the dragon girls..

Narag

Because that's how anime works. ~*~*misunderstandings*~*~

Szadek

Looks like the next precure series is called "Kira Kira Pretty Cure Ala Mode" and will have a dessert/sweets theme.
Sounds great to me.

Ping Pong Girls ep.4
Silly series but damn I do like it.

Kuromukuro ep.1
Was on Netflix, never watched mecha series before except the great TTGL. Okay so far but we'll see if this gets me hooked or not.

Friends don't let friends watch trash like 0083.

0083 had the worst script for any UC property until Thunderbolt turned up.

Worse than ZZ? You're drunk good sir, go home.

0083 is actually my favorite, I guess people just don't get what it's trying to do. Surprised to see it's so hated here with such a passion.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Cardcaptor Sakura 43
How am I supposed to keep watching this show without Meiling?

Cardcaptor Sakura 43
How am I supposed to keep watching this show without Meiling?
Did you know Meiling is 100% anime original? I don't know if you liked her or not, but I did think she was a great character. She helped flesh out Syaoran a lot and that twin vs twin battle was so good.

Cornbread78

Well the worst(or best?) case i can see is notNazi also have a witch, witch vs witch in second half.

Oww...

I don't know. If that was a twist, I'm not sure I would like that direction in the story. It's not like Izetta is an OP offensive weapon going into Germanian territory to ravage the lands, she is only there to protect Erdstyd.

Adding another witch would be bad.

Besides, the death flags are already all over the place for Izetta......

So the Scum's Wish staff has been announced and I'm unsure how to feel so far. Masaomi Ando seems hmmmm, I've liked the 4 episodes of School Live! I've watched so far and White Album 2 seems well regarded enough but there's no real evidence of having tried 'difficult' material like this before. I really like Makoto Uezu's comedies (My Bride Is a Mermaid, D-Frag, Konosuba) but his serious stuff is a bit more mixed, I really liked Katanagatari, mostly liked Yuki Yuuna and could not stand Akame ga Kill! so I don't know.

The PV was basically a still and the music seemed good but I'm still sceptical they can pull this off. I'm a big fan of the manga but it's about a pair of really damaged kids and the awful things they do to themselves and to other people with intimacy. If this gets turned into a crappy ecchi show I'll be so disappointed, here's hoping the Noitamina spot can live up to it's guiding principles

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
dimb has passed me up. I am shamed. Time to sit my ass down power watch some Cardcaptor. I must finish this by the end of the year.
There are definitely some slow spots. I'm not sure if the better approach is to just chew through them or to take it slow.
Did you know Meiling is 100% anime original? I don't know if you liked her or not, but I did think she was a great character. She helped flesh out Syaoran a lot and that twin vs twin battle was so good.
Meiling is great. She brings a boisterous personality to a cast that can be fairly reserved without feeling completely out of place.

But the name of the show is Izetta: The Last Witch , if they add more witches the name wouldn't be correct anymore :p, surely the creators would never lie to us.

That Notzi science tho... We've already had a mention out of nowhere of 'camps in Livonia' and they had an elaborate witch transport coffin in episode 1 so I'm predicting a NotMengele at some point.

But the name of the show is Izetta: The Last Witch , if they add more witches the name wouldn't be correct anymore :p, surely the creators would never lie to us.

I could see them "skirting" that by someone making an "artificial witch/artificially gaining witch like powers."

Cornbread78

That Notzi science tho... We've already had a mention out of nowhere of 'camps in Livonia' and they had an elaborate witch transport coffin in episode 1 so I'm predicting a NotMengele at some point.

I could see them "skirting" that by someone making an "artificial witch/artificially gaining witch like powers."

That and the fact that NotHitler wasn't surprised that she was a witch at all when it was reported to him and he appeared to know something about it.

Taruranto

Erin 31-32
CGGhY8R.png

A lot of developments these two episodes. Am I still watching Erin?

Lilan had obviously to fly at one point
, I'm surprised it happened the very first episode after the time skip, although admittedly the way the sequence played was a bit-too-convenient.

I really, really enjoy time skips in which the characters go from toddlers to competent adults, so I was quite pleased when with Tamura and Erin, but everyone else...

still looks the same... You can't even tell Yuyan supposed to be 18.

The new teacher felt a bit too heavy-handled, he even has a
MY SISTER IS DEAAAD
backstory that Japan loves so much.

As for episode 32, the backstory/lore dump ended up fitting pretty nicely, but I still have some lingering questions.
Soyon killed the adult Toudas so they couldn't breed, but what about the other villages? Do the Mist People have an agent in every village doing that? This kinda makes Soyon look like a shit mother, by the way.

I was surprised to see that
the first queen had a legit link to the Beast Lords, I thought the whole thing was a scam and the one who actually controlled the Beast Lords were going to be The Mist People. The current Queen probably has no connection to the Beast Lords whatsoever, most likely.

There are definitely some slow spots. I'm not sure if the better approach is to just chew through them or to take it slow.

Meiling is great. She brings a boisterous personality to a cast that can be fairly reserved without feeling completely out of place.
I believe I took a break at episode 18 since it felt like I was in one of those slow spots. Otherwise I was watching in 6 episode bursts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom