• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Hopefully you guys know how to understand this, from the official Eupho twitter.

This is translated from this.

Curious, is Natsuki and by extension other characters, forbidden from taking part in Nationals cause she wasn't in the team that won the entry there ?

At least the two new characters seem somewhat connected to her, maybe she won't be a complete afterthought.

Ascheroth

This, err, this shows about music, right?

If you want a show about music, you have to watch Show By Rock.
vO3LgT3.jpg
ub7DJCR.png
TcdX07q.jpg

Pics from S2 episode 1
It's about music.

Thoraxes

Curious, is Natsuki and by extension other characters, forbidden from taking part in Nationals cause she wasn't in the team that won the entry there ?

At least the two new characters seem somewhat connected to her, maybe she won't be a complete afterthought.

I'm not totally sure on how the competitions work in Japanese schools, but as far as my own experiences go... None of the people from North Uji would be excluded, since it's the school that went, not the specific people.

But while I think it would be possible for Taki to hold secondary auditions to see if more people could rotate into spots (keep the incumbents working hard to keep their spots), at this point in the competitions I don't think he'd want to bring new people into the fold and get them up to speed with everyone else.

I think the ensemble makeup will probably stay the same, unless the next competitions add another/a different mandatory piece, or for some reason they decided to drop Crescent Moon Dance (the latter is not likely). Just because she's not performing doesn't mean her role would be lessened any!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
For sure but I can only go by what I've experienced from her output which covers neither of her TV shows. Out of curiosity, if you could shortly expand, what was wrong with her interpretations ? (I know nothing about Fujiko Mine other than that it's thoroughly hated.)
A lot of it was related to defining characters solely by their homosexuality with depictions of crossdressing that were shallow and insulting. It's been years so I can't really remember the specifics. Sayo Yamamoto used these concepts as absurd storytelling devices instead of naturally imbuing characters with these traits.

TUSR

Banned
What if there is a mysterious transfer student who transfers into Kumiko's class mid year that tries to steal the show?

Maximum trope shit.

Jarmel

Banned
A lot of it was related to defining characters solely by their homosexuality with depictions of crossdressing that were shallow and insulting. It's been years so I can't really remember the specifics. Sayo Yamamoto used these concepts as absurd storytelling devices instead of naturally imbuing characters with these traits.
That's pretty much the entire industry for you. I wouldn't really expect Yuri on Ice to be notably different.

dimb

That's pretty much the entire industry for you. I wouldn't really expect Yuri on Ice to be notably different.
I blame fujoshi. At least Mari Okada won't be around for Yuri on Ice.

phaze

But while I think it would be possible for Taki to hold secondary auditions to see if more people could rotate into spots (keep the incumbents working hard to keep their spots), at this point in the competitions I don't think he'd want to bring new people into the fold and get them up to speed with everyone else.

I think the ensemble makeup will probably stay the same, unless the next competitions add another/a different mandatory piece, or for some reason they decided to drop Crescent Moon Dance (the latter is not likely). Just because she's not performing doesn't mean her role would be lessened any!

D: I dunno, a lot of Eupho focused on training, continuous improvement and issues relating to that, willingness to put in the shift etc, if she's not going to Nationals then the reason to focus on her in those bits disappears and she's reduced to complete cheerleading role.

Well this does indeed not bode well.

I sure wish this kind of action was in the first three episodes that I watched!

Yeah but GX blows its load in those first 6 minutes and never recovers

Still a fun series tho

I think I like the Walkure outfits better.

The outfits in Symphogear are terrible and make absolutely no sense but it fits the shows bombastic nature where Tsubasa makes a sword thats like 200 feet long or Chris shoots 500,000 rockets out of her back.

nothing compares to Shirabe making a gigantic razor blade wheel around her and riding on it.

Man Symphogears so good

dimb

scorching ping pong girls 01
This is the sweatiest anime I've seen in a long time. The diversity of the character desgins is nice but they're pretty low rent translations of what look like amateur manga work. Probably something that isn't worth sticking with. There's more serious drama stuff than I would've expected.

Ascheroth

The Second Coming of Okada Gundam #1

I like how Tekkadan achieving their goal last season actually made the world a worse place. Sasuga, 'heroes'. Lol.
Was an okay introduction episode. Soundtrack was good as always and the action, while short, looked great as well. I like the new dynamics Tekkadans new 'employess' bring. The scene with Biscuits sisters was harsh.
Leaned a bit too much towards the politics side and all the changes that happened after last season for my taste. Felt like they just wanted to get the set-up out of the way as soon as possible. Would have probably been better spread out a bit more.

The Second Coming of Okada Gundam #1

I like how Tekkadan achieving their goal last season actually made the world a worse place. Sasuga, 'heroes'. Lol.
Was an okay introduction episode. Soundtrack was good as always and the action, while short, looked great as well. I like the new dynamics Tekkadans new 'employess' bring. The scene with Biscuits sisters was harsh.
Leaned a bit too much towards the politics side and all the changes that happened after last season for my taste. Felt like they just wanted to get the set-up out of the way as soon as possible. Would have probably been better spread out a bit more.

If this means what I think it means then LOL Sunrise is at it again.

Taruranto

"Inspired by Edowaga Ranpo" #1

This was really bad. It kinda felt like they crammed as many weird things they could in one episode. Robots! Immortal people with superpowers! Neet-detective girl without pants!

Dialogs were also kinda uuuugh, if not just unintentionally funny. (Pic related)

Still, it's tagged as a "mystery" so I'll give at least 3 episodes, hopefully it manages to be at least entertaining.

jgminto

Trickster 1
Incredibly boring first episode. I had zero reason to care about anything related to the robot crime plot, you've barely set up your world at this point, why would a robot hijacking that had little importance to the rest of the episode matter? The main cast seem so absurdly flat, it's like the author picked a single trait and turned that into characters without any further work. You've got the excitable main character, the sad loner boy, the weird neet girl, the pervy detective and the other guy. There was no complexity to their character other than those identifiers. I probably won't keep watching but it's difficult to completely say no to a brown hair/white hair relationship, you know that shits gonna get homoerotic.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Scorching Ping Pong Girls Episode 1:

Yea, this was an episode alright and it was about as bland as a rice cracker and looks kind of ugly, would not really recommend unless you need help in taking an afternoon nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom