• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

/XX/

It's like you people don't even watch the winter olympics exclusively for figure skating.
Representing! If only because fellow countryman Javier Fernández is a riot to watch in non-competitive dance. :-D

That drawing he was featured in was cute and all, but for Barcelona's GPF I'd want an actual animated cameo of him, and they should focus on his lovely relationship with training partner/rival Yuzuru Hanyū... now THAT is worth of this show!

Jarmel

Banned
Idol show called Bang Dream

thinking-face.png

They know who their target audience is.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Don't see anything too special about those Bang Dream backgrounds when they are overproduced and riddled with copy/paste...

Jarmel

Banned
Don't see anything too special about those Bang Dream backgrounds when they are overproduced and riddled with copy/paste...

The train one I was more impressed with the lighting and photography. The background art in the trees one though is especially nice.

Euphonium S2 - 09

Maybe it's because all I've been doing is work on assignments, on top of having a bad cold, but this whole episode just didn't do it for me. Like at all. Ugh. Eupho why you doing this.

Qurupeke

Sorry to be slightly off topic, but guys how's the Parasyte anime? Any good overall now that it's all out and done?

Worse than Tokyo Ghoul and I don't even think of that highly. It has some cool stuff, but overall it's really, really boring. And there are some scenes that are just ridiculous.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I still don't quite get Momoka's situation.
She's chasing after an idealized "normal" family, with overprotective parents and the whole shebang. Her mother almost treats her like a colleague and she's still underage. I think all children want to be taken seriously by their parents but she's treated like an adult and seems to resent it.

Sterok

She's chasing after an idealized "normal" family, with overprotective parents and the whole shebang. Her mother almost treats her like a colleague and she's still underage. I think all children want to be taken seriously by their parents but she's treated like an adult and seems to resent it.

Ah, I was kind of getting that, but it is unusual to see someone as mature as her to want to not be treated like an adult with all the respect that entails. I suppose the respect makes her uncomfortable. It's a nice bit of character development, and it contrasts well with Chitose, who wants all the respect and adoration despite acting like a child.

Lmao at this 'worst than Tokyo Ghoul'

You couldn't even watch that with the shitty censorship. Parasyte is definitely watchable, the biggest issue is that the show isn't consistently good. Definitely watchable, just somewhat forgettable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Ah, I was kind of getting that, but it is unusual to see someone as mature as her to want to not be treated like an adult with all the respect that entails. I suppose the respect makes her uncomfortable. It's a nice bit of character development, and it contrasts well with Chitose, who wants all the respect and adoration despite acting like a child.
Yeah it's really neat.

And this just be my shipping goggles talking but I think both Momoka and Kazuha are probably envious of Chitose for Gojo, who seems to be the ideal blend of professional support + familial closeness. Gojo's condescending towards Chitose, but never in a way that's harmful to her. He always has her best interests in mind as an employee and as a sister.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Euphonium S2 - 09

I thought it was the most interesting episode yet. The way it ended with the credits & music was well done too.

duckroll

Death Billiards, Little Witch Academia, Dragon Dentist.

Hope Patlabor Reboot is the next anime short project to get a TV extension!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Sound! Euphonium S2 09
So good. This show keeps its guard up so often but the stuff with Asuka is a welcome break from that. I'm glad to have her side of the story deliver strongly, but the protracted reaction from the band as a whole to her absence really dragged the show down for a stretch there. Even in this episode the stuff about Natsuki filling in falls pretty flat. If that storyline had been closer to the foreground there would be space to explore with responsibilities getting shoved on to someone at the last second, but the short glimpses of it are just not enough to bite on.

duckroll

I found the ova and the movie quite boring to be honest, while yes it was pretty, it did not have much of anything else. Characters felt mediocre and the story was meh too. Also it's one of the rare dub that I found quite bad, characters felt emotionless. Hopefully, I'll try the anime and it will click.

Probably just not edgy enough for you. Better to just watch Aldnoah Zero again.

Holy shit, the Garo movie is finally coming out.

It's an early Christmas miracle.

Still debating if I should split my Amazon shipment today and get it to ship this week, or wait a few weeks to see if The Art of Shin Godzilla actually comes out in time for them to ship it to me by Christmas. :(

Crocodile

New director, new writer, "new series" rather than "second season". Uh oh.

I'm just pointing out, it doesn't say "second season" at all. The announcement is for a "new series" called "Kekkai Sensen & Beyond", with a brand new director and writer. Usually when announcements are made like this, there's a 50:50 chance it's a reboot or a brand new take that ignores everything previously made.

I liked BBB so normally I would be happy to hear about a second season but all this is filling me with apprehension instead of hype :/

TrueBlue

The inpressions for Eupho are making me happy. Hopefully I'll find time to watch it this week, assuming work and Pokémon don't get in the way.

blurr

Wow, reading such negativity towards Parasyte for the first time. Was it that bad.

Not my thing but I've seen people like it.

I'd say the reason not to watch Parasyte is more due to disappointment.

The opening episodes had such promise and had me really interested to see where the show went next, and then it just went in the least interesting direction possible and became a show that I couldn't even really care about. I just kind of stopped watching due to a lack of interest.

It's not horribly bad or anything; it's just a show that will let you down in the worst way possible. Best to not even ever get your hopes up from some interesting opening episodes.

Parasyte is a show that is solid in a few regards, but is overall pretty middling. The scariest thing in the entire show is in the first episode...

Also the final episode falls into vague meaningless rambling that is kind of hilarious.

Cornbread78

Twin Star Exorcists ep.33
I forhot all about this episode last week with all the Thanksgiving craziness, but it was great getting a bunch of information on some of the other 12 Guardians.

jgminto

Parasyte was a hyped show that ended up being completely forgettable, similar to Terror in Resonance. I'd probably put Parasyte slightly above TiR though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom