• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Matoi the Sacred Slayer - 1

Ct8aYvMW8AE_Q0-.jpg:large

First episode is filled with shots like this. Hopefully Flip Flappers will deliver in the animation department. It already looks like it will.

Just T

Alderamin on the Sky: 10

Surprised Ikta knows Nana. Glad he and Yatori got to her in time. And he showed no hesitation during that pinky scene.

But...why? You've seen all of it except the final episode and don't watch it because of our, sometimes asinine, discussions? Why that episode in particular?
I'm guilty of reaching near the end of something, stopping, then forgetting about it so I just look up the ending later. I do this with series, games, even movies. I still haven't seen the last 10 minutes of Pulp Fiction because I got distracted and never bothered to complete it.

And MikeHattsu is a bully.

Line_HTX

I'm guilty of reaching near the end of something, stopping, then forgetting about it so I just look up the ending later. I do this with series, games, even movies. I still haven't seen the last 10 minutes of Pulp Fiction because I got distracted and never bothered to complete it.

Cty7_RwWEAA35Tw.jpg

jgminto

Nanbaka 1
The concept of having a show that attempts to be as completely garish as possible is an interesting idea and they reach that at points with the character designs, prison exterior, sparkling signs and fantastic animal print furniture. But then you have the majority of scenes set on a backdrop of bland cracked concrete walls, I want to see them fully commit to this drag queen aesthetic. As far as the actual show is concerned, it seems like one of your standard "fujo comedies". I'd catagorise it with shows like Cuticle Detective Inaba or Meganebu, but I would consider both of those to be funnier than the first episode of this.

Ascheroth

Alderamin #11-13 (END)

Those last 3 episodes were one battle + epilogue, and boy was it fantastic. Lots of strategizing and tactics, and Lelouch really was the first difficult enemy for Ikta. The way the latter he managed to turn things around' at the end was great.
But they sure had to drop a very interesting twist right at the end there.
"Hey, did you like this prologue?
Good! Because fuck you it's over now!"

Regardless, it's absolutely worth a watch, a solid 8.5/10.

Cornbread78

Nanbaka ep.1
Now this was a colorful anime in more ways than one, lol. The characters are all lively, the comedy was only decent, but the tone was really good! This could be a lot of fun to watch each week, but I'm not expecting too much.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
I still remember SDBurton's meltdown.

I can't remember if I finished the show after that honestly. So tired of shows fucking up fantastic OTPs.

Anyway, today's my birthday so I wanted to bless you all with good fortune in finding yuri so you can then inform me about it. Praise be the garden.

NLJyj.png

Cornbread78

I can't remember if I finished the show after that honestly. So tired of shows fucking up fantastic OTPs.

Anyway, today's my birthday so I wanted to bless you all with good fortune in finding yuri so you can then inform me about it. Praise be the garden.

NLJyj.png

Lol, happy birthday bruh.

NLJyj.png

Happy Birthday!

Joe Molotov

lxYOk1Fl.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My most anticpated show all year. Did not know there was factions either.
Yeah, I only remember because I started with S4 and everyone said it was just stand alone stories and here comes a season with continuity. lol

Yes, it is back. The one arc in season 4 you're referring to is not picked up on in this new episode. It's an archtypical episode of "Natsume encounters a youkai with a previous connection to Reiko and heartwarming antics ensue."
Aria with dead people! ;)

When are we gonna gosh darn get a second season of HaNaYaMaTa
Probably never I assume. :(
There's the game story I suppose.

http://i.imgur.com/NLJyj.png
For your birthday, I found boyfriends for all of them.
Happy birthday. lol

Just T

Alderamin on the Sky: 12

Wonder how Ikta is going to get out of this and how is that going to be a suitable stopping point with just one ep.

I wonder if Pizza Hut is still censored in Funi's release of Code Geass.

I'm fine with it being censored. Pizza Hut doesn't deserve to be in Code Geass.

jgminto

NLJyj.png
Happy birthday, dude. Go watch Amanchu, muppet lesbians ftw.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance

NLJyj.png

Seems like a few shows lining up this fall maybe like Flip Flappers. Also, New Game1 was a decent soft yuri title, nobody explicitly hooks up but no male NTRing either.

NLJyj.png

have you heard about Yuri on Ice? Its like, made for you

TrueBlue

Sound Euphonium 1-5

This is pretty good, though I feel that it follows the "hard work = awesome" tempate that I've seen many times before, at least up to this point.

Characters are fun and likeable, though I'm not sure they've been given much room to breathe as of yet. The music and artistry is excellent - the series is just beautiful for both the eyes and the ears.

On the whole "yuribait" thing - I can definitely see it, and that's without encountering most of the gifs from a few pages back. As a member of the lgbt community I do have some reservations, though I'll wait until I watch the whole series to make a comment on it.

Just T

Alderamin on the Sky: 13

Well Ikta pulled off quite a gamble to close things out. This was a pretty good show even though it's really just beginning of the story and feels as such. However, it was worth the watch seeing Ikta's tactics and the relationship he has with Yatori, the trust they have in each in other was really a standout and luckily makes up for how lacking the other main characters are. There were some side characters that manage to pick up some of the slack too. Ikta sure has his work cut for him and kinda doubt they will do a second season to show more of it but ah well.

Trickster 1

Wow I really liked this. The characters are fun and the story seems to be going good places. Wonder how this suicidal MC will be going forward.

Also +1 for that boy duo.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

NLJyj.png

Happy birthday!
Watch new game, it's a shoujo ai/yuri anime

I was promised an Ace Attorney dub, what the fuck...

I think that Ace attorney, MH stories and a bunch of other will just come later really. They are dubbing 18 shows already. They never dubbed that many show in 1 season, that's insane lol.

So I'm not complaining too much on missing shows, since they will probably pop up later on.

What I will complain about tho, is that Sentai decided to be lame and put non of their shows on crunchyroll. I don't want to pay for another sub :( Still hoping Haikyu gets on crunchy, the others don't really matter.

Thoraxes

NLJyj.png

Happy birthday nakama! As a little birthday tip, K x K x K is officially out on BD to buy now, fyi!

Also, I still refer to this list from time to time.

NLJyj.png

Have a happy birthday.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Lol, happy birthday bruh.

Thanks! :D

Happy Birthday!

Thank you!

For your birthday, I found boyfriends for all of them.
Happy birthday. lol

You're the worst!! T_T

Happy birthday, dude. Go watch Amanchu, muppet lesbians ftw.

have you heard about Yuri on Ice? Its like, made for you

Happy birthday!
Watch new game, it's a shoujo ai/yuri anime

Ooooh! Good looking out you guys!! :D

Happy birthday nakama! As a little birthday tip, K x K x K is officially out on BD to buy now, fyi!

Also, I still refer to this list from time to time.

Brother bear!! Thanks for the heads up! Gao gao~!

Edit: Oh my god the list!!! Good times! XD

Edit: What's Yuri on Ice? Sounds magical

- Edit 3: Upon looking it up, NO THANK YOU. AND CURSE THAT SHOW FOR HAVING SUCH A MISLEADING TITLE!!!

Line_HTX

SDBurton's favorite music video was I Kissed A Girl and I Liked It.

Happy birthday, other bear.

And LOL, Jebaited at the ice skating title.

Gvitor

I believe the intent was to find a name that is present in both Russian and Japanese, not to fool shoujo ai fans.

I mean to the community to bait and troll hahaha

That was probably their intent, yes, as I think that if it was a shoujo ai anime they wouldn't name it with such an on-the-nose title like that.

blurr

I kind of do that for sequels haha.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Nanbaka.

Hogans Heroes meets Dead Leaves.

I like that the prisoners have so many amenities that they're seemingly fine making a life in Building 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom