• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Nanbaka.

Hogans Heroes meets Dead Leaves.

I like that the prisoners have so many amenities that they're seemingly fine making a life in Building 13.

It's got some potential. Hopefully, a good comedy replacement for Handa-kun last season.

That lil' bro though.... uggh, why?

JulianImp

Digimon Tri - third movie (or eps 9-13)
It was okay-ish, I guess, but I'm still amazed with how cheap the animation is most of the time... it honestly doesn't look like it's fit for a theater with all those two-frame mouths, simple pannings and many still shots.

The woman getting a close up of her evil smirk every couple scenes feels like it's the easy way out of setting her up as a main antagonist, since it probably would've been better if both the charaters and the audience saw her say or do a couple suspicious things that eventually led to her being revealed as a villain, rather than just seeing her smirk every now and then to remind the audience that she's up to no good. Seeing the digidestined not even questiong
how she had a spare device with her
was weird, but I guess they were too worked up with the prospect of
seeing their partners again
instead of wondering how the heck such a set-up was possible.

Then, we get another evil woman being evil offscreen scene, coupled with the reveal that
the Ken we saw before was actually some associate of hers in disguise
, which coupled with what I mentioned earlier probably means things are looking grim for
the S2 digidestined.

I was only moderately into Digimon as a kid (up to halfway through S3, I think), but now I'm a bit annoyed whenever mons do ass-pull super-duper evolutions as the plot demands, because it's just an easy way out of grim situations (things look good at first -> despair as the enemies are suddenly stronger or something -> digivolve to save the day). It's a bit more palateable when the evolution is part of them or their digidestined's character arc, but here I didn't feel like it actually mattered all that much. Yeah,
Izzy had failed despite trying his best to solve things and it was Tentomon's turn to try its best and save the day, but it all happened too fast for me to actually enjoy it as a cathartic moment of any sort...

Still, I've got to say the autograph thing and digimon trading card were more interesting bonuses for watching the movie than the Kizu 2 postcard.

The chimera? The 2003 anime did a much better job at portraying that story. Even those who think Brotherhood is superior overall generally agree with that.

I sure don't. Both anime drag it out too long, it's only like 1 single chapter in the manga. At least Brotherhood doesn't make it 2 fucking episodes.

I sure don't. Both anime drag it out too long, it's only like 1 single chapter in the manga. At least Brotherhood doesn't make it 2 fucking episodes.

I judge an anime adaptation by how effective its storytelling is, not by how panel-by-panel accurate it is to the original manga. In this case, by allowing the viewer to spend more time with the characters, the 2003 anime is able to create a more powerful emotional connection and thus have storytelling that feels meaningful instead of a throwaway tragedy.

Ross61

Okay, I'm was on episode 3 of Mushishi Season 1. Did anyone else think it was an ass-pull on how they got defeated
that silence eating mushi
?

I'm looking forward to rewatching Mob Psycho 100 with a dub. Loved that so much last season. I never got around to 91 Days, so I might just wait for the dub to try it.

Other than that I'm in for Trickster, Orange, Nanbaka, Puzzle and Dragons X and Drifters. Maybe Kiss him, Not me. If I continue to like Izetta I might watch the dub as it comes out too.

TUSR

Banned
Has Crunchyroll announced a Euphonium 2 simulcast yet...?

Its actually the first line from the source.

Sound the horns!! Staff favorite Sound! Euphonium is BACK for its second season ~ !! The first episode will launch tomorrow (Wednesday, October 5th) at 10:00am PDT, with subsequent episodes airing every Wednesday at 9:30am PDT worldwide excluding Asia.

Thunderbolt Fantasy 8 & 9

Urobuchi at his finest. While the previous episodes functioned as the gathering of the fellowship these episodes finally show each member's motivations. As they say, never meet your heroes.

jediyoshi

bgeQxk0.jpg

i'm ready

jgminto

Okay, I'm was on episode 3 of Mushishi Season 1. Did anyone else think it was an ass-pull on how they got defeated
that silence eating mushi
?
You'll probably need to go into more detail, it's been years since I watched the first season.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi 01

Basileus777 wrong as per usual.

Calling this a Nanoha rip off is being way too generous to this budget show and insulting towards Nanoha. That said I know this will be a by the numbers "I don't' want to be a hero but will to protect the people I love." stories. I'll continue with it but GOD DAMN the MC is boring as fuck.

Cornbread78

The transbro!? Why not? 15 seems willing enough to explore the possibilities.

If he's fully trans that's fine. I'm just tired of the whole "effeminate male" character archtype.

But yeah, they did awknowledge he was wearing a dress, so it's cool if they fully use a trans character and not use his sexuality/appearance as a constant gag.

Please don't watch Amanchu~

No worries, he's anti-muppet

Szadek

Matoi the Sacred Slayer - Ep. 1
I'm not sure what tone the show is aming for.
The start and fight were a bit dark, but the rest was more light hearted with fanservice.
If I wasn't such a big fan of genre this would probably an easy skip, but as it stands I will give this one a few more episodes.

Soushin Shoujo Matoi 01

Basileus777 wrong as per usual.

Calling this a Nanoha rip off is being way too generous to this budget show and insulting towards Nanoha. That said I know this will be a by the numbers "I don't' want to be a hero but will to protect the people I love." stories. I'll continue with it but GOD it the MC boring as fuck.

Yeah, the only thing I could say closely resembled Nanoha was that talking weapon at the beginning of the episode.

-Minsc-

I've been thinking,

how's the talking dog scene in FMA original vs FMA Brotherhood? Which one was the most fucked up?

I'd say the original. It's a case where I found adding filler material over the manga allowed the viewers to build up a better relation with the characters. As opposed to the filler in Naruto, the filler here felt "just right".

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
New Game - 02

So many ships, my goodness. Wish I could take screencaps but I have no internet on my laptop. T-T

ED is yuri af too

Hyouka is on Netflix, guys...

Nice. Watching it now
since I'm still in Japan

I'm guilty of reaching near the end of something, stopping, then forgetting about it so I just look up the ending later. I do this with series, games, even movies. I still haven't seen the last 10 minutes of Pulp Fiction because I got distracted and never bothered to complete it.

And MikeHattsu is a bully.

R7Cs5sR.jpg

blurr

I judge an anime adaptation by how effective its storytelling is, not by how panel-by-panel accurate it is to the original manga. In this case, by allowing the viewer to spend more time with the characters, the 2003 anime is able to create a more powerful emotional connection and thus have storytelling that feels meaningful instead of a throwaway tragedy.

I should prioritize FMA in my queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom