• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gundam Build Fighters Try 7

This is really one of my favourite episode!

-Shimon pilots one the best looking and coolest suit, the Destiny.

-Shimon's little brother situation at the hospital, his smile and their relationship come get me right into my heart.

-He also has incredible taste in gundams, the Cosmic Era. That's actually extra worth +2

-Sekai's way of acknowledging that you must never bring a lie into battle. You say it best boy!

-Shimon is extra cool with his boxing style

-that battle and that music, freakin fantastic!

-That ending so good...it brought some tears out of me. Those kind of stories always get me.

Line_HTX

Looks like for the moment, there's nothing on Mondays and Tuesdays, different from Summer where there was nothing on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Wednesdays look pretty packed too.

blurr

Danganronpa 3 Despair 11 END

Probably don't bother watching this, at least the ending leaves a very bad aftertaste.

A few moments initially were decent (Chiaki and Hajime interactions in one episode specifically). Rest, not so much.

Best part is when it revealed
Sakakura had feelings for Munakata rather than Yukizome
- a tragic one but good.

Tuck

So re: the Danganronpa anime(s?) that everyone seems to not like.

Are they required watching? It continues the story from game 2, right? Does game 2 end on a giant cliffhanger or something, or does the anime bridge the gap between game 2 and the upcoming game 3?

I ask this as someone who has not played them before, but will when it comes out on PS4 next year.

Are they required watching? It continues the story from game 2, right? Does game 2 end on a giant cliffhanger or something, or does the anime bridge the gap between game 2 and the upcoming game 3?

I ask this as someone who has not played them before, but will when it comes out on PS4 next year.

No, they are not required watching. Both 1 and 2 have reasonably satisfying endings in themselves, and V3 is allegedly going to start a new continuity which doesn't carry on any of the previous storylines. Just ignore the anime.

blurr

Danganronpa 3 Future arc is different from Despair.

I haven't seen Future arc past episode 4 since it required that I play Ultra Despair Girls but from what I saw I enjoyed it. It is the sequel to the games depicting the events post the second game and Ultra Despair Girls(?).

Despair is a prequel of sorts explaining some details on the characters belonging to 1,2 and the Future arc itself (yes, it was airing parallel to future arc with backstory on the new characters).

Gvitor

The Danganronpa anime is utter garbage. It has some interesting things, and one decent twist, but overall it's just a mess. It is focused on the overall story of Danganronpa like UDG, and it was always shit. V3 apparently will start a new continuity (hopefully) and focus back in the murder mysteries and class trials.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
You'd think KyoAni would be able to make better OPs and EDs with their staff. New Euph ones are a snoozefest.

Szadek

Finished Space Patrol Luluco
Definitly a most watch for Trigger fans.
It's hard to recommand this show to anyone else since it has quite a few crossovers.

Nanbaka - Ep. 1
Pretty good start. I really like hoe colorful the show is.
The whole prision escape primise is also pretty orginal, but I'm wondering how the are planning to keep the show interesting in the long run.

Qurupeke

You'd think KyoAni would be able to make better OPs and EDs with their staff. New Euph ones are a snoozefest.

Not surprising but disappointing nevertheless. The ones in the first season wasn't really memorable either, though I found the Tutti ED song catchy.

Finished Space Patrol Luluco
Definitly a most watch for Trigger fans.
It's hard to recommand this show to anyone else since it has quite a few crossovers.

Glad you liked it.

Majestic Prince Episode 25

This...wasn't too good to be honest. It sets up a new cast of characters for the movie, but it doesn't entertain on its own, or really get me hyped for the movie. I will say I like the new characters, but we don't see them really accomplish anything. It's basically just them getting their mechs, and that's it.

no you dont need to watch them. every single detail DR3 clarifies is better off left to your own imagination because you wont be able to think of a better way to fuck it up

Ascheroth

Cheating Craft #1

So this is the second chinese anime this season? (Episodes are apparently half-length).
As the name might imply, it's about cheating exams. The premise is certainly unique (and ridiculously exaggerated at that), but it was still fucking uncomfortable to watch a show that essentially 'glorifies' cheating as a way to success, no matter how out there the setting and utilities are, and even if you bring this at the end:
NxCrBLK.jpg

Eumi

Play 1 and 2, then watch the last 3 minutes of the last episode of the anime of you really need some kind of ending. DR3 is all either bad backstory or a self contained (and bad) story that actually does nothing to 'end' the series.

You would be absolutely fine just playing Danganronpa 1 & 2 and ignoring the rest of the series. They have mostly complete stories and leave you in a good enough place that did not require any sequels. Danganronpa Zero is a prequel LN that's pretty good and adds to both 1 & 2. Other than that, 3 is pretty bad, and UDG is basically pointless.

Just wait for V3 after playing Reload.

Wanderer5

Sound! Euphonium.<3

Also I guess Classicaloid is going to the anime network and hulu, which in turn means it not coming to CR?:/

Line_HTX

I don't know what it is, but it seems to me that Junichi Suwabe has the de-facto deep sexy voice in every anime nowadays, lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom