• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

Will it include the Saturn game?

8-1.jpg

Fune Wo Amu 8

Oh yes.
The massive time skip
before the episode even hits the double digits. An anime staple.

And my favorite
grandma is now dead
At least my ship. At least my ship.

No but what the fuck lmao. Did the source material also pull off this move or are they short on episodes?

From what I can gather, the original novel this is based on is relatively short, so it probably did have the same time skip.

blurr

Animegaf someone hold me - I just watched Princess Kaguya.

What. A. Movie.

Probably my favorite Ghibli movie since Whisper of the Heart, maybe my favorite Ghibli movie period.

Visually stunning, the dancing under the cherry blossom tree scene was breathtaking, the running away dream sequence intense. My god, the colors!

What a hauntingly beautiful, well written and deeply moving film. Takahatas direction is, despite some minor grievances, impeccable in this. He certainly did an amazing job of translating the poetic beauty of the story into animation.

I am pretty sure this is the movie I will remember Takahata for.

Phew. Now I need to go out to take a breath of fresh air to settle down
and watch the moon. :(

Breathtaking film. My favorite was
the entire scene when she attempts to run away from home.
Blew my mind away, one of the most powerful moments in the film, if not animation in general. Shinji Hashimoto animated the scene.

Aki-at

Scorching Ping Pong Girls - 1

This moe art style just isn't for me and the opening scene with all the tournament spectators was jist a turn off for me but all the gifs floating around on Twitter piqued my interest. Not sure if I'll stick around though but I sort of enjoyed the first episode.

Oh God I completely forgot

Moana

What can I saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay besides you're welcooooooooooooome

So final ratings are

Kubo> Dancing kid in Moana who stole the show > Everything else I still need to watch like that turtle movie > Moana> Zootopia

Line_HTX

If I wanted to see sterile, formulaic, lifeless but smooth character animation I'd watch a Hayo Miyazaki movie.

Jexhius wants to see Your Name overtake Spirited Away and watch the world burn. BWONG!

was this a tumblr gif in its former life or does that show really look like shit

This was indeed a tumblr gif. Do you mean to say that the quality drops if I put it onto imgur?

And no, the show is NOT shit.

Narag

Did people even finish what they needed to off the list you kept for this year?

Life got in my way so I informed everyone that the project was abandoned midyear since I didn't have time to keep up with it all (or to pester the shit out of them!!)

cj_iwakura

Probably no one here played MKR, since it's both rare and expensive. (Being the last Saturn game ever released here did it no favors.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Probably no one here played MKR, since it's both rare and expensive. (Being the last Saturn game ever released here did it no favors.)

It's also not great but you're dismissing both piracy and the fact that it was (might still be) a cheap import of a game with relatively little need to play the localized version.

duckroll

So PA Works is calling this the third work in their "Employment Series" - follownig Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako. This time it's a story about 5 girls in the tourism industry and the work it covers is about sightseeing ambassadors. The story of the series takes place over the span of a year.

Line_HTX

So PA Works is calling this the third work in their "Employment Series" - follownig Hanasaku Iroha and Shirobako. This time it's a story about 5 girls in the tourism industry and the work it covers is about sightseeing ambassadors. The story of the series takes place over the span of a year.

Tourism and sightseeing, eh? Good synopsis of Mike Hattsu's work and Rail Wars!

:p

So I finally finished most of my big uni projects and I can finally check out O;9

Occultic;Nine 9

OMG this episode was intense, the part with the boxes and albino boy was probably the most disturbing,
at some point I was sure they would pop a cutted head to our face.
. The use of colors was also excellent and the unique way they presented some scenes, like Myu's walking down the hallways in *first person* with the heavy breathing, really made the scene much more tense. Also revelations! revelations everywhere! Visible and Invisible,
Ryo-tas is in on the occult thing
TIME TRAVEL!!!!
and
Gamotan is an important piece to the whole occult stuff.

This was an INSANE episode! I'm loving this so much!

I'm ready for when the 3rd party big demon crew will show up!

Quasar

Your Name - finally got a chance to see it before its local run ends. I did really love it, though I still think I liked Garden of Words more. Because of where I live this was actually the first anime feature I've seen in a cinema, so this was an extra treat though it took me a little while to get used to. I was too busy drinking in the gorgeous visuals on a giant screen that I missed some of the subs for a bit.
seeing HanaKana reprise Yukari had me grinning
. Was really glad I had not been spoiled on some plot points so the tension was pretty high for me in the final sections.

Definitely will buy on bluray, but then I own everything else Shinkai on disc that I can so that was a no brainer anyway.

Trailers were interesting. On the pro side was one for the Doctor Who Christmas Special. Even though I bailed on Who a few seasons back that would be pretty cool. On the con was that terrible looking Matt Damon protecting the Great Wall movie.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Poco's Udon World Episode 9

The ending to this show better not make me sad!

I figure it is going to end like this

At some point Poco is going to leave and not come back. Poco's thinking might revolve around thinking he is causing trouble for Tawara

20 years have past and Tawara has successfully taken over the Udon shop. The noodle has again become a fixture in town and is very popular again. Right before the credits a young man with blonde hair enters the opening of the Noodle shop with a wife and two children. The man lifts his head. It's Poco all grown up. With a smile he shouts "Shouta!"

OMG I'd cry ;_;

Sengoku Basara S2 5

A middling episode, but the backstory between Date and Katakura helped to flesh out their relationship and motivations. And I got to hear Date spout a lot of Engrish, which is always nice.

Here's the current official list of manga that need an anime

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains
Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san
Centaur's Worries
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains
Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman