• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Poco's Udon World Episode 9

The ending to this show better not make me sad!

I figure it is going to end like this

At some point Poco is going to leave and not come back. Poco's thinking might revolve around thinking he is causing trouble for Tawara

20 years have past and Tawara has successfully taken over the Udon shop. The noodle has again become a fixture in town and is very popular again. Right before the credits a young man with blonde hair enters the opening of the Noodle shop with a wife and two children. The man lifts his head. It's Poco all grown up. With a smile he shouts "Shouta!"

OMG I'd cry ;_;

Given its a continuing manga, its pretty unlikely.

Here's the current official list of manga that need an anime

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains
Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san
Centaur's Worries
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Ojisan
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome

Not seeing any Ahiru no Sora on that list. Must be some sort of mistake.

Jarmel

Banned
So I guess Eccentric Family 2 is going to be in the fall then?

Edit: Wait did they announce it was even airing in 2017?

Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Centaur's Worries
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome
You forgot MangaGaf's new love Maou-jou de Oyasumi, the ultimate sleeper hit.

There is a lack of nice fantasy anime without silly VR background story.

You forgot MangaGaf's new love Maou-jou de Oyasumi, the ultimate sleeper hit.

MangaGAF you say...

13115971961778257954mrhpff.jpg

shira

Not sure where to ask, but is any anime on Netflix any good

I've seen hunter, aot, berserk, killlakill, gurrenlagan just wondering if anything is worth trying or if there is a hidden gem I've never heard of - they are all 4/5 so idk

Wow Haikyu S3 Ep6 was fucking good.
HQ and WW done till 2018 this week, I'm die

I've seen hunter, aot, berserk, killlakill, gurrenlagan just wondering if anything is worth trying or if there is a hidden gem I've never heard of - they are all 4/5 so idk

HQ and WW done till 2018 this week, I'm die

Maybe check out Samurai Flamenco, Madoka Magica, Moribito, and Silver Spoon. Not sure what your taste is or if you've already seen them, but these are all pretty good.

duckroll

Mushishi is very good. They also have both Little Witch Academia short films. But you should probably just watch Kuromukuro instead because because it's the newest, and it's pretty damn good!

Quasar

Mushishi is very good. They also have both Little Witch Academia short films. But you should probably just watch Kuromukuro instead because because it's the newest, and it's pretty damn good!

Sidonia too. Some people seem to like ajin as well.

Kids on the slope is also there as is Toradora.

shira

Maybe check out Samurai Flamenco, Madoka Magica, Moribito, and Silver Spoon. Not sure what your taste is or if you've already seen them, but these are all pretty good.

My main is ending, need to find something to fill the gap, ty

I shall watch the 2nd LWA and kuro

jonjonaug

Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Centaur's Worries
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome

Throw in Murcielago and AnoKiss and this is a p good list.

Dio

Banned
I caught myself breathing out the cold night air like I just anime powered up so steam came out of the sides of my mouth.

Winter has truly arrived.

Jintor

i want someone in sorta shitty hacked together VR, not full immersive stuff.

I want VR that has animation problems and still kinda looks like WoW but the game mechanics are fucking dope

Branduil

Why eww? Marvel films have a lot of problems in terms of following a formula and being really safe, but the one thing they do consistently is in the pre-production pipeline for action pre vis. Their storyboard team and action set piece concept artists are great and results in pretty fun stuff as long as the individual directors don't completely suck in their job of executing the scenes.

It wouldn't have been so bad if you didn't compare it to The Avengers.

rrvv

Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Centaur's Worries
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome

I think the list is missing Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai - Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen. It such a hidden gems

Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Centaur's Worries
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome
You forgot Minamoto-kun, Dansan Joshi and Okusan.

I give you massive props for the Tejina Senpai shout out.

Szadek

Soushin Shoujo Matoi - Ep. 10
A pretty decent episode.
It set up the end game and it looks like Matoi will have to sacrifce herself in order to save the world.
The fight was rather disappoting. After Matoi got her shit together the villain went down fairly easily.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Centaur's Worries
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome

The only one I really care about from this list is Keyman. That manga is quite the roller-coaster, with so many twists even M. Night Shyamalan would be proud

Sidonia too. Some people seem to like ajin as well.

Kids on the slope is also there as is Toradora.

I think Ajin is great. Enough so to do an article series detailing all the changes between anime and manga. It's a pretty fun dark series and whether you like CGI or not the studio behind it and Sidonia are really good at adapting and "fixing" manga flaws.

/XX/

Then again, to actual seriously consider your position, if someone wants to make a show with very simple line art featuring the visual style of say, bahi jd's web animations, then I'd be the first to watch it:

82d55a5a18f80c591c096wpsyu.gif
Oh, boy! This thread was precisely one of the things that made me step aside from the Spanish-speaking bubble of the Internet and start to look more for forums like it, while things as cool as Zen Tobinaka's FlaGama became my jam. Thanks for the trip to memory lane, Jexhius!

But, the problem I want to give a moment to reflect on is how easily we can lose those, now relatively ancient, nuggets of splendid (and charmingly rough) animation talent. Take for example Bahi JD (obviously); those examples of his '.GIF animation' are still visible at Ben's AniPages thanks to his throwaway Photobucket account and the persistence of the uploads made in abload.de, testament of brilliance that once was hosted at a wealth of other places like his pixiv or DeviantArt webpages, now made private and consequently inaccessible to most (who knows what could happen to his Tumblr in the future).

It is obviously difficult to destroy by burning or tearing apart the pieces of today's digital art, like old disgruntled artisans did before. There is a sense of 'always available' and continuous preservation on the net because of some general efforts; the bigger underlying problem is visibility, accessibility. Because, lets be serious... how many people would know-of and conserve on their own the work present at personal webpages of, say, Nosferatu compared to the one of more famous in the west hemisphere ex-TEAM FULLMECHA Yūsuke Kozaki?

Just revel on the fantastic 'web-gen' animators getting exposure today, and think how many of their old homepages (on which heaps of different links banners to other pals own homepages were exciting to discover, now that is social network!) full of interesting PBBS relays of comments, illustrations and .GIFs are still up today. Not that many, sadly. Prolific outcome of people as good as Kamiya Ron (RonzTB) vanished like... 'poof!' just one day. Yūkō Osada, Kaori Inoue, all idem.

And even then, what fate endured some more 'official' endeavours produced by platforms like GyaO (the old one, not Yahoo! JAPAN one)? What about the not neutered version of NHK's Digista program? Or many of the FLASH★BOMB entries? Anyone remembers the a-i-r website from TIME LINE PICTURES, inc.? Well, their Animation Legend - The Art of Animation series gave exposure to none other than staples of the '.GIF animation' movement like Ryo-timo, Shingō Yamashita, Kōichi Kikuta or Kenichi Kutsuna ... and we can be thankful these side-loaded duplication of their videos produced by TLIP still exists. But what about those who didn't make bigger waves, or affront other professional projects? Not even all-mighty Production I.G remembers their own Image Guerrilla initiative aimed at showcasing their young recruits, so I just think on all those more obscure I didn't even had (and won't ever have now) the pleasure of researching about.

This kind of nostalgia confuses me a lot. It is a relief I have somewhere to talk about this for a time, until it all also disappears into the ever-changing realms we are in.

This message has been brought to you by the current Internet Archive: Wayback Machine fundraising campaign. Donate now!
:p

/XX/

Minus killed most of my GAF content from the previous years.
Unfortunately I can attest for that too! All the images I posted on this forum since 2011 without hot-linking were hosted there, and many are lost forever... :'-(

Man, the condition of total anonymity with which many greats posted on Internet during early-00s also irks me! Just look at unkoer's author guesses about uploads to flipbook.in, including Otonari & Aninari. Both of them didn't use any name (just check Kō's 指輪 or Yō's CHANGE! LICORICE, for example), so just imagine what brilliant piece of work could have slipped the watch of these two geniuses' followers. That uncertainty is maddening to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom