• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I think Ajin is great. Enough so to do an article series detailing all the changes between anime and manga. It's a pretty fun dark series and whether you like CGI or not the studio behind it and Sidonia are really good at adapting and "fixing" manga flaws.

I don't know about that. Ajin has a great art style and the manga's story and general plot progression has been great so far.

duckroll

Just got this amazing email from my favorite Kickstarter project!

It’s our 100th Update!

It is an honor to commemorate this milestone, with an introduction to our new partner – EXIT TUNES!

About a month ago in Oct. 29 #97 Update, we have mentioned that Under the Dog project is welcoming a new partnership. It is our pleasure to announce officially today that Exit Tunes and Under the Dog team will be collaborating to go further beyond Kickstarter with Episode 0.

What is EXIT TUNES?
Exit Tunes, Inc. is one of the Pony Canyon group companies, a publisher of a wide range of music CDs and organizer of various music-related events in Japan. With their focus on anime, dance, and videogame music, as well as Vocaloids and singers, the company plays an important role as the frontrunner of the Japanese music scene. Some of our backers might already be familiar with their activities on SNS media.

As it is mentioned in the colophon of the UTD Artbook, Exit Tunes has already helped us tremendously by cooperating in the production of Kickstarter rewards.

Together as a team, we hope to launch a number of new projects. Some of them are already in planning and development.

We will make announcements as soon as we are ready.

So please look forward to our exciting news.
Stay TUNED!

Jarmel

Banned
Does the D in D-Cup stand for dragon or the D in dragon for D-Cup?
Philosoraptor.jpg

Twin Star Exorcists Episode 35 – The Puppeteer's Revenge - I Am Not Alone

Twin Brother will exact his revenge.

The first half was funny with Rokudou telling us the horrows of Benio's cooking. Too bad no one understood.
CzFPoF_XEAEVBDf.jpg:small

blurr

Here's the current official list of manga that need an anime

Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains
Tejina Senpai
Dungeon Meshi
Golden Kamui
Zannen Jokanbu Black General-san
Centaur's Worries
Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction
Himegoto - Juukyuusai no Seifuku
Me and the Devil Blues
Keyman
Love is Hard for Otaku
Houkago Play
Shiori Experience - Jimi na Watashi to Hen na Ojisan
Dr. Hitomi's Infirmary

You're welcome

Death Stranding needs an anime adaptation tbh

Cheating Craft Episode 10 – Chiikura

Did they throw in some other action series in here, the guy fighting the dragon saving the femchars was cute.

CzFMJ5oWgAADrC_.jpg:small

Anyway finally the fantasy does my OTP justice.
CzFGcWPWIAErTBG.jpg:small
CzFIBSRXcAA6mO8.jpg:small

I don't know about that. Ajin has a great art style and the manga's story and general plot progression has been great so far.

There's plenty of little places that aren't as tight as they are in the anime. Part of it is due to a change in authors (artist took over writing duty after volume 1) and a shift in Nagai's persona that's a bit better streamlined in the anime. I'm not saying the manga is bad, but the studio knows how to tighten up a work for adaptation, especially Sidonia S2.

Will Attack on Titan S2 save anime?
Oh man I forgot about AoT s2 happening soon. Wasn't a huge fan of season 1 since it was kind of super depressing, but I'll still look forward to it.

It will be interesting to see how the delay between both season will have affected it's popularity. I could bet on not much.

blurr

CG animation is still animation and what game?

Assuming it will have some degree of interaction which we don't know yet and I'm having my concerns over it after looking at the surrealist nature of its visuals and keeping in mind the obscure details on the actual gameplay mechanics. In retrospect of Kojima's works, I wouldn't really mind it being a full film/TV series in 2D or 3D. I merely suggested 2D.

CG animation is still animation but what I'm talking about is anime which encompasses 2D(hand drawn) as well.

Not with this material.

Hope they don't follow the manga to a T tbh. I dropped the manga because it was getting so boring directly after where the anime ended. I hear it picked back up a few chapters after, but still. I don't think the anime fans liked the show for what the manga gave in spades until I left it. No action, just politics, politics, politics. And all of it not even remotely interesting.

Assuming it will have some degree of interaction which we don't know yet and I'm having my concerns over it after looking at the surrealist nature of its visuals and keeping in mind the obscure details on the actual gameplay mechanics. In retrospect of Kojima's works, I wouldn't really mind it being a full film/TV series in 2D or 3D. I merely suggested 2D.

CG animation is still animation but what I'm talking about is anime which encompasses 2D(hand drawn) as well.

Shouldn't you know BGBW well enough to recognize his quip about Death Stranding being little more than an in-engine animation/cinematic so far? I imagine he's vaguely aware that it is a video game after all...

kewlmyc

Didn't the AoT manga turn to shit shortly after the anime was over?

I wouldn't say "turned to shit", but one of the arcs after the anime ended got kinda dull and focused on something that most people interested in AoT wouldn't care about, but the manga followed that up with a great arc.

Line_HTX

I don't remember where I stopped but for whatever reason I wasn't bored that there were politics to begin with. I expected there to be shady things going on behind the scenes in that type of world.

That being said, it did felt like it was taking a long time to try and go for answers once again because they had to take care of those people first. It felt like playing a level and taking the long route around instead of taking the shortcut.

Qurupeke

Not with this material.

I can take one mediocre S2 if it leads to a good S3!

There's a lot of stuff to cover and unfortunately they'll probably fuck up the pacing. It's a popular and highly anticipated series though, so they ought to put some effort to it... right?

Cornbread78

just give me the final season with Nisekoi already. They can finish everything up in 24 episodes by trimming some of the useless crap that the manga gave....

I want to know who "won" via anime dammit...

just give me the final season with Nisekoi already. They can finish everything up in 24 episodes by trimming some of the useless crap that the manga gave....

I want to know who "won" via anime dammit...

Man you are a master at navigating the internet if you haven't been spoiled on it yet.

blurr

Shouldn't you know BGBW well enough to recognize his quip about Death Stranding being little more than an in-engine animation/cinematic so far? I imagine he's vaguely aware that it is a video game after all...

totally get his stance on DS, all the more reason for me to say why it should have an anime adaptation even if this discussion stems from mild irony

Moaradin

Is One Punch Man coming next year as well?

The arc directly after the first season is so good.

It's good in the webcomic. The manga has stretched it out to ridiculous degrees. Hopefully Madhouse will be smart to cut a lot of the padding.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
All Mike posts on Line is a cat staring from behind a wall sticker so no need to worry about lewds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom