• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Euphonium S2 - 01
Wasn't expecting a 50min long episode! KyoAni is back ladies and gents. Episode was entertaining and beautiful to watch. This is going to be a great season.

Cornbread78

Code Geass R2 END
I knew it, I fucking knew it. That bastard did it. Although, I thought it was going to be
a double suicide with C.C
I was a little off, but I was actually a little sad at that last scene. Oh well, let it begin anew.

Pretty badass series, but not as crazy as everyone made it out to be. Well, that Euphy scene will resonate with me forever, lol. Either way, I'm going to miss my time with Lelouch, time to move on.

JCG

I mean
the part about Nunally being alive

Remember when it was airing and they even updated the website to mark her as dead?

I see your point.
There's a rambling but still plausible explanation for that here. Official websites teasing the audience is immaterial, because the main staff already knew she was alive when it happened, considering how much time the entire production process takes.

Code Geass R2 END
I knew it, I fucking knew it. That bastard did it. Although, I thought it was going to be
I was a little off, but I was actually a little sad at that last scene. Oh well, let it begin anew.

Pretty badass series, but not as crazy as everyone made it out to be. Well, that Euphy scene will resonate with me forever, lol. Either way, I'm going to miss my time with Lelouch, time to move on.

Well, that's nice. Glad you enjoyed it. I hope you also liked the final duel.

Yuri on Ice - 01

That was really good. So many pleasant to look at character designs and lovely animation.

Though, during Yuri's mirrored performance I was thinking "hmm I'd really love this to be animated at a higher framerate". Like, it would be unreasonable to demand that of course but the faster motions like those pirouettes and what else they're called would look just that much nicer. It began starting to feel choppy for me almost even though it wasn't that relatively to most anime. Welp, now I'm depressed that especially this kind of TV series won't likely ever feature long sequences animated on ones, and going higher than 24fps even less so.

In other news this anime wasn't all too DTL until the very end at least.

Rainy

Banned
Euphonium S2 E1

Those 45 minutes flew by. That was really engrossing...moreso than I remember it being during the first season for some reason. Some interesting drama with Nozomi, looking forward to how that pans out.

So the first season adapted the first novel right? I'm guessing this season is the second? If I read correctly online there's 2 more after this, wonder how those will be adapted.

-Minsc-

Mob Psycho 100% Complete

This show had a lot more heart to it than I expected when going in. One of the best slice-of-life shows of the season. I await season two.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Code Geass R2 END

Well you now know what you must see next in the month of october season...
Shiki.
dont actually see if you get spooked easily. Watch some code geass abridged dubs.

Majestic Prince 25
ltIxoJS.jpg

hhNyawG.jpg
A dick cannon, and a massive pair of balls that function as radar. Nice.

The opening section being a slight recap of BEST FIGHT was nice, showing off Fawn just being spectators for most of the original series. A more functional version of Rabbits, but still the same kind of ragtag friendship that I love about the teams in this series. Episode was mostly just to give an introduction to Team Fawn and their instructor Sugita voiced by Sugita, probably so they won't need to spend time during the movie actually explaining who these guys are or where their mechs came from.

I like them, but episode doesn't really crave my itch for more. Just need to wait for the movie then.

JulianImp

Re:Zero #24-25
That was... okay. The 24th episode was cool in that it cemented Subaru's growth throughout the latest arc, but then ep25 served just to remind me about his unhealthy obsession with Emilia...

Seriously, the whole "I'll save and be nice to you until you fall in love with me" speech was awful. The premise of Subaru trying his darnest to "save" Emilia from whatever, because that's obviously going to make her fall for him, is downright stupid... it feels like the kind of delusion that anime tropes love to perpetuate, and which atually makes little to no sense.

If it weren't for Subaru's unique ability to reset time and slowly gain insight into things that nobody else could ever possibly grasp in full, then he wouldn't be able to "save" Emilia at all. And his blind fixation towards the first girl that acted nice to him is yet another annoying trope I wish this show avoided, since he basically only "loves" her because she was nice to him before the rest of the female cast, and is constantly doing dumb stuff in order to pass off as cool and win her over. Subaru's sole reason for doing what he does is to become more appealing for Emilia, which feels very awkward to me: Imagine having a random person you were at least friendly with constantly go on to do heroic deeds and tell you that s/he did it all just to win you over... that's just really creepy and self-centered, IMO.

It was still a good show overall, but the former-NEET-turned-hero has certainly led to some questionable characterization, alongside Subaru's whole romantic arc with Emilia. which feels very awkward and unnatural to me.

Hastati

Trying to figure out what to watch this season, anyone mind telling me their opinions of Iron Blooded Orphans? I stopped watching it early and haven't finished a Gundam show before, but it's starting up again and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.

Also definitely going to sit down and catch up on Euphonium, stopped after episode 1 because the animation was too beautiful (weird reason, I know).

JulianImp

Trying to figure out what to watch this season, anyone mind telling me their opinions of Iron Blooded Orphans? I stopped watching it early and haven't finished a Gundam show before, but it's starting up again and I'm wondering if it's worth the investment.

Also definitely going to sit down and catch up on Euphonium, stopped after episode 1 because the animation was too beautiful (weird reason, I know).

Gundam IBO was quite good, IMO. It does bog down a bit in the middle, but both early and late episodes were cool, and it was nice seeing a show that mixed giant robot fights with scheming, politics and decent character development for most of its cast.

Cornbread78

Well you now know what you must see next in the month of october season...
Shiki.
dont actually see if you get spooked easily. Watch some code geass abridged dubs.

Shiki huh?

Synopsis:
Fifteen-year-old Megumi Shimizu dreamed of a glamorous life in the big city; however, her unexpected death in the quiet village of Sotoba marks the beginning of what appears to be a ferocious epidemic that turns the hot summer into a season of blood and terror. A young doctor named Toshio Ozaki begins to doubt the nature of the disease and comes to understand that to discover the truth, he must abandon his humanity. Meanwhile, Natsuno Yuuki, an antisocial youth from the city, is haunted by the sudden death of Megumi and must realize the pain of friendship in the face of his own tragedy. Toshio and Natsuno form an unlikely pair as they work together to save Sotoba before it transforms into a ghost town of vampires. Shiki, adapted from the horror novel written by Fuyumi Ono, goes beyond the average vampire story. It tells the tragic tale of survival in a world where one cannot easily distinguish between good and evil. Abandoned by God, the Shiki, as the vampires call themselves, have only their will to live as they clash with the fear of the paranoid/unbelieving villagers. Shiki explores the boundary that separates man from monster

Oh, Hmmm... sounds deadly!

[/QUOTE]
Happy you finally enjoyed arguably one of the biggest train rides, Kiritobread.

Well, I made it, now on to the next one....

What should I be watching now? Action, adventure, drama, maybe some shipping....

*Sees there is My Wife Is The Student Council President on CR*
*Sees that it has a 18+ warning*
Do I wanna know???

It really is trash...! It's a shame because the situational comedy is pretty damn good, but it is close to softcore hentai..

JulianImp

Danganronpa 3 - Hope side
Okay, that was something, I guess... I really can't appreciate such blantant and mindless fanservice when it's coming off of a show that filled all the blanks DR1 and 2 left behind with the equivalent of Atari ET cartridges. A random OVA with the 77th class acting like they did in DR2 would've been nice, but to think that Hinata/Izuru managed to rehabilitate all of them to the point that they all look like they did in DR2 save for Kuzuryu and Nagito (*whirr whirr*) was just despair-inducing to me.

zetsubousensei.gif

Do I wanna know???

It's harenchi, that's for sure. Short show that's a bizzarre romcom with at least one scene that would get you banned for posting its gif around here, but not much else. Think of it like a Nisekoi where the awkward situations that get diffused with random comedy and slapstick are ecchi scenes instead of just romantic stuff.

Copper

Do I wanna know???

It's actually not that bad. I mean it's more comedy than anything. Don't expect any crazy development.

The plot it solid in this.

Hastati

Gundam IBO was quite good, IMO. It does bog down a bit in the middle, but both early and late episodes were cool, and it was nice seeing a show that mixed giant robot fights with scheming, politics and decent character development for most of its cast.

Alright, thanks! I may have even stopped during a lull, it's good to know it ends strong. I'll give it another go, need something to fill the hole now that Mob Psycho and RE:Zero have ended.

jonjonaug

Good things: Black Lagoon, Space Dandy, any of the Getter Robo OVAs, Psycho Pass, Mind Game, Penguindrum, Utena (series and film), Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Madoka, finish Full Metal Panic so you can watch Fumoffu, Votoms, original Gundam movie trilogy, Zeta Gundam, G Gundam, and Turn A Gundam.

EDIT: Also Tiger and Bunny.

We got that 10 years ago in the form of Code Geass and over 30 years ago in the form of Mobile Suit Gundam. :p

Cornbread78

Not sure that's a con. And I'm not sure its any more explicit than say TLR.

Well, I only watched S1 of TLR, but I gotta say, this one is much more sexually explicit than anything Rito did in TLR. The big difference is that the love interests are both into it, whereas in TLR is was all the accidental trip and fall crap, lol.

JulianImp

I'm robot show illiterate, and have only actually watched Eureka Seven (actually, not all of it yet) and G:IBO so far. I was never into giant robots, but scheming and character development are right up my alley, so I guess I'll be looking more into the genre.

Well, I only watched S1 of TLR, but I gotta say, this one is much more sexually explicit than anything Rito did in TLR. The big difference is that the love interests are both into it, whereas in TLR is was all the accidental trip and fall crap, lol.

Darkness is where it's actually at, Corn. It's like the author tried his darnest to make things as explicit as possible without actually turning the manga into a flat-out hentai series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom