• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

Concrete Revolutio - Ep. 4-5
I finally catched up to point where I first stopped watching.
This time around I have a much better time with the show.
It's certainly not the easiest show to get into with it's strange setting and art style, frequent flashforwards and -backwards, as well as it's main themes of justice, good and evil.

Go! Princess Precure - Ep. 4
Kirara is such a great character, I lover her already.
Especially at the end, when she gives her tranaformation device back, because she just wanted to kick that guy's butt.
She has no time to save the world, she is way too busy for that shit.

Cornbread78

Exactly. The nudity in gits is curiously asexual, even the geishabots are creepier thanks they are titillating.

Can't speak for the manga though pretty sure dude just wanted to draw boobs

The movie has a much more mature tone to it, so it's definitely not your typical LN boob flash..

I can speak for the manga. The manga author, Masamune Shirow is a pervert who wants to draw greasy women being milked by horses. There's no doubt in my mind regarding the usage of nudity in the manga.

Oh my....

Just to add in on Kuromukuro-- easily the best Mecha in the last five years for me, maybe even longer. Felt tight, fun, binge worthy, and I can't think of an episode that I actually thought was bad. I love all the new Gundam stuff coming out, but Kuro was an incredibly solid series.

Shirke

After watching Your Name in theatre, I have to say that it is a really great film and you should definitely go see on the big screen whenever it comes out wherever you are. And don't spoil yourself, glad I didn't.

1482245324608w4s2n.gif

There was a time when Hanekawa thought she could win the Ararararagi bowl.

duckroll

Just to add in on Kuromukuro-- easily the best Mecha in the last five years for me, maybe even longer. Felt tight, fun, binge worthy, and I can't think of an episode that I actually thought was bad. I love all the new Gundam stuff coming out, but Kuro was an incredibly solid series.

What about Fafner Exodus?

Gundam IBO 37

NEXT WEEK WHEN?! This was so cool! That Flauros firing moment huuuuum so good!

Barbatos has some of the best entering battle like a badass moment from like all of gundam.

The YamagixShino pairing is teased so much, but I think the pairing works at least and they are cute together.

Also can Iok just die? Stop saving the dude FFS!

I was thinking of watching it, but I am not a big fan of the mech design, is it really that good?

It's a great show, had some minor problems , but was still very enjoyable and fun. Definitely one of the best mecha shows i watched in the last few years.
Alright, if it's this good, I will at least give it a few episode.
Second Akiba's Trip PV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oov26OFUjFE

Return of Gonzo!

Wohhh! Akiba's trip premise is really weird but this PV looked really cool, fun and the soundtrack(the opening?) was very good. Also the animation seem pretty solid. I will definitely watch this haha.

blurr

I can speak for the manga. The manga author, Masamune Shirow is a pervert who wants to draw greasy women being milked by horses. There's no doubt in my mind regarding the usage of nudity in the manga.

TIL

The film didn't give such a vibe for me honestly (and thankfully).

On a tangential note, some thoughts on One Punch Man - Regardless of what you think of it, I enjoyed the anime a lot so picked up the manga, if that was the intention of the anime, it succeeded. I don't read manga as much as I watch anime, it's something I picked up on only recently due to it becoming more convenient to read on my phone. As such, I didn't bother or have a reference for how an anime was adapted unless I hear from someone who read the manga so this was an interesting experience.

The story introduced some new characters, exposition to existing characters and new conflicts, it doesn't exactly have anything of note narrative wise but what stands out the most for me is Murata's illustrations of the scale and impact of action sequences which is phenomenal. This is a series that revels in display of power and style than dialogue or narrative. Keeping this mind, the adaptation leaves a lot to be desired. I know seeing Murata's work in animated form is cool in a way but it honestly also feels disrespectful seeing how fucking good his work is untouched. It can definitely be great in animated form but through a more stylistic lens.

I just started rewatching some of the old Naruto opening and really Opening 3 gives me this huge feeling of nostalgia. It makes me remember how great the original Naruto was.

I say 3 in particular, but they are all pretty awesome.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I just started rewatching some of the old Naruto opening and really Opening 3 gives me this huge feeling of nostalgia. It makes me remember how great the original Naruto was.

That's my least favorite one of the early ones. I like the second and fourth ones best.

TUSR

Banned
Who the fuck is you??

Why aren't you platinum mad anymore. What is with this avatar switch

Haven't had time to make a Tsukihi Christmas avatar, so I recycled my previous one from a few years ago.

TUSR was a refugee from K-On gaf before the great purge.

Every community I join gets purged.

Good thing TUSR is here in Canada.

It is a good thing since he can safely watch Kizumonogtari long after it's been vetted by the proper authorities.

Kizu Nekketsu-hen out this week in JP.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
How do you feel about legs and heels jexhius.

I recall you were on team Senjougahara way back in the day.

Opening 5 will always be my favorite because that is when the series was at its' height for me.

Plus it matched the tone of the arc so fucking well.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
TUSR never danced in naruto or did I miss the Bakemonogatari x Naruto crossover??

Jex

We disgree about the important things
iaIV9Yk.png

P33dnGY.png

so it can't be helped.

This is where the whole "score thing" clearly breaks down. In terms of entertainment, Garzey's Wings, School Days, Mad Bull 34 would all be 10/10 shows, but the ratings aren't sophisticated enough to reflect that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom