• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

Our panel of judges have whittled down the selection to the following shows:
  • Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
  • Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
  • Sekkou Boys
  • ANNE HAPPY♪
  • Bakuon!!
  • flying witch
  • Sansha Sanyou
  • tanaka-kun wa itsumo kedaruge
  • Bishoujo Yuugi Unit Crane Game Girls
  • Pan de Peace!
  • Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
  • Amanchu
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • WWW.WORKING!!

Well at least one of those will be in my top 10.

Exalted

• Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
  • Sekkou Boys
  • ANNE HAPPY♪
  • Bakuon!!
  • flying witch
  • Sansha Sanyou
  • Pan de Peace!
  • Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
  • Amanchu
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • WWW.WORKING!!
I've only watched Flying Witch from this list. Which was a great show , probably even gonna be in my top 5 this year.

• Ooya-san wa Shishunki!
  • Sekkou Boys
  • ANNE HAPPY♪
  • Bakuon!!
  • flying witch
  • Sansha Sanyou
  • Pan de Peace!
  • Tonkatsu DJ Agetarou
  • Amanchu
  • Love Live! Sunshine!!
  • WWW.WORKING!!

of those choices, tanaka kun. one of the finest bl anime of the year.

duckroll

Let's Compile a Boat ~Featuring Talking Dictionaries~ - Episode 9

Good episode but I'm still mad about the time skip so I'm going to be bitter and spiteful and give it 1.5 out of 10.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
when you're watching the flip flappers next ep. pv and you realize MPR is going to reup that score to 10/10:
JpGkxPZ.jpg

Szadek

I really hope the last 2 episodes of Flip Flappers are great again.
Then we don't have to toss it into the bin of shows that really shouldn't have a Plot, right next to Rage of Bahamut: Genesis.

Moaradin

At least I enjoyed all the characters in Rage of Bahamut: Genesis by the end of it. I still don't care about anyone in Flip Flappers.

You can't ever convince me a live action Gintama will be good. They look silly as fuck in those costumes, and unless they acknowledge it, it won't be good.

Should have made a whole movie with mannequins. Now that would have been funny.

-Minsc-

You can't ever convince me a live action Gintama will be good. They look silly as fuck in those costumes, and unless they acknowledge it, it won't be good.

Should have made a whole movie with mannequins. Now that would have been funny.

I'm not sure which would be better, mannequins or puppets a-la Thudnerbolt Fantasy. Mannequins would definitely be pure Gintama. I'm sure they could win some snazzy art award for pulling it off.

edit: BTW, has there been an official announcement or release for an english sub for the Love Potion arc?

edit: I think costumes look fine, they really are not any different than cosplayers.

The more I think of it, the more I want puppet Gintama. I think it would be a perfect fit.

Poco's Udon World 10-11

Not only is this one of the best looking show(the beautiful looking painting-like backgrounds are outstanding)of the year, but the emotions it gives are so true, so good. I really like how we see everyone grow around Poco throughout the anime. The mom episode as to have been one of the emotionaly strongest too. Seeing Souta's sister perspective change on kids, reliving their past and Souta just strenghtening is resolve to keep Poco was beautiful.Next week episode actualy stresses me a LOT, if they DARE make Poco cry I don't know if I would have enough tears to shed.

This as succesfully been one of the most consistent show of the year and it just hit right home with me. It as earned its place among the top spots of my AOTY list. Hopefully it doesn't come crashing down with the next episode, but I'm sure it will stay amazing.

Cheating Craft Episode 12 [end]
C0NS5GyXgAAkedp.jpg:small

Fantastic conclusion to this short anime, he got so into it so fiery with the Shokatsu technique that even his clothes were ripped to shreds.

Ill miss this fun take on the quiz anime genre.
C0NRQSfVEAA6qbe.jpg:small
C0NRQSfUAAAJFoS.jpg:small

Manga Made in Abyss TV anime announced.

http://miabyss.com/
https://twitter.com/miabyss_anime/with_replies

The enormous cave system, known as the Abyss, is the only unexplored place in the world. Nobody knows how deep down goes this titanic pit, inhabited by strange and wondrous creatures and full of mysterious ancient relics which purpose in unknown to modern man. Generations of bold adventurers have been drawn by the cryptic depths of the Abyss. In course of time those bold enough to explore the dangerous pit came to be known as "Cave Raiders."

In Oosu, the town at the edge of the Abyss, there lives a little orphan named Rico, who dreams of becoming as great a cave raider as her mother was and solving the great mystery of the pit. One day exploring the murky depths she stumbles upon a little boy, who turns out to be a robot...
YyVrqpb.jpg

duckroll

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/213814

So this was just announced. Anime screenwriter Junki Takegami, who has been writing in the industry since the early 80s, is writing a horror novel set in the anime industry in the 80s. The illustrations will be by famed horror mangaka Junji Ito. The story is about a cursed anime production. This sounds like a non-fiction autobiography to me!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not surprised. Is anyone surprised? Nope.

Watch Yuri marry some girl we've never seen in the finale of YoI.

Maybe Sala.

Actually that wouldn't be so bad. Sala's brother deserves to be netorare'd.

I don't care about shipping wars or anything like that. I'm just annoyed that Sound Euphonium S2 has consistently valued Big Emotional Moments over sensible character writing. (And that the show seems to continue to want to endorse morally questionable student/teacher romantic relationships.)

Jarmel

Banned
yoooooooooooooooooo

This To Be Hero episode is fucking amazing. Not even joking when I say this is the best written show this season.

You expected anything out of KyoAni?

That was your first and fatal mistake.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the same sort of enjoyment of a S2 as I got out of a S1. And, despite my many problems with the writing and narrative planning of Sound Euphonium S2, I continue to be very impressed by the work of the animators and photography staff employed by KyoAni.

yoooooooooooooooooo

This To Be Hero episode is fucking amazing. Not even joking when I say this is the best written show this season.

Another show where the moral implications of implied sexual attraction (in this case between a father and his daughter) made me queasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom