• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Szadek

To repeat my question from a while ago:
What do you guys think about an Let's Watch of "Yuki Yuna is a Hero" in january?
Yay or nay?

Exalted

So according to myanimelist Your Name is supposedly the best anime of all time with a score of 9.37 0_0 Is it really that good, i've only seen the trailers for it, but they didn't really stand out that much to me?

duckroll

I'll be surprised if its nominated. They'd rather nominate rubbish like Finding Dory.

I think it might get a nomination nod just because it's making a ton of money. The Oscars tend to like acknowledging commercial success just to show that they're "cool".

Kotoura-san 1-4

Been kind of a while since I bothered watching more than a single episode at a time of a show, but I just couldn't help myself with this series. The beginning made it seem super heavy in spite of the art style, but the instant Manabe was introduced with that wonky ass daydream, I knew I was going to love this show. The only thing that kind of bugs me so far is that it seems like Mifune is going to get off the hook for the shit she pulled just a little to easily.

Theonik

The next Precure doesn't have monster fights anymore. Fuck all of this shit, dropped as fuck
This sounds like it will be the best PreCure season yet. The MOTW part is by far the worst part of PreCure shows and what sunk MahouTsukai from being great.

Thud

So according to myanimelist Your Name is supposedly the best anime of all time with a score of 9.37 0_0 Is it really that good, i've only seen the trailers for it, but they didn't really stand out that much to me?

The title sucks, will not watch.

W W W .Working!! END

C0mqFMxXgAArSKQ.jpg
C0mqFMuXEAAHGXU.jpg

Was better than the original series because shit actually got resolved in a timely and natural fashion and still managed to be funny most of the time.

Getsuyoubi no Tawawa END

I got smug face and tits animated so leave this anime completely satisfied.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Yuri on ice end
That is one weak ass ending. Like wow, that's it? Really? Not even a kiss between Yuri and Victor? This is a great chance to end it with great performance, but nope, the performance is still as spotty as before. Is this because there's a sequel planned!?

According to the guy in the Anime convention, your name is like in his top 3 movies of all time the other two being citizen Kane and smurfs 2 the search for more smurf money. He doesn't praise movies easily from what I've seen of his blog posts, that must mean its besterest movie for ever ever

I havent really paid attention to the shows of the season but I usually get some fantastic recommendations later on after some time has passed
so is iron blooded orphans s2 worth it? I tried watching the first 2 episodes and I was immediately detached despite going all the way with the first one

also what other shows are good for the shonen/action lover like myself?
IBO is definitely worth it, the mecha action is just pure bliss and awesome.

As for other great shonen from this season you have a few second season and continuation.

Bungo stray dogs s2
Haikyu s3
Twin star exorcist

It was little bit lacking in new good stuff
You could check out

Ajin s2(I did not watch it yet but I heard good things) and Drifters.

Also if you did not watch it, I always recommend the amazing My Hero Academia.

Taruranto

Poco's Udon World END

This was amazingly beautiful...all these good feels made me so happy. This ending though, I would have kind of hope for
Poco to stay with Souta.
Poco saying he loved him and everyone at the end was kind of too much for me.

Beautiful ending! One of this year best show and a complete surprise hit for me too.

Cornbread78

Question:

Are there still any shiws we are waiting to finish up for the season, or should we be safe to post the AOTY thread Tues. or Wed?

Gravity Rush Overture

In which we learn just how big junk food fiends Kat and Raven are.

Also, Yuji Kaneko is pretty spectacular, but you hopefully knew that already. Some neat effects too.

blurr

March Comes in like a Lion 11

god damn, that first half almost had me tear up

the dream sequence to door bell ringing transition was incredible - I have been in such a moment and while I have not experienced the exact same thing, it was of a similar essence

I was really excited to watch this because Rei would be mom'd by the Kawamoto sisters, it all had me feeling warm and fuzzy. Post the events of the previous episodes, this was a welcome moment.

This is a good show *sniff*

Theonik

It's still Monster of the Week though, just without the monsters
Yes but the problem with Mahoutsukai isn't the format, it's having to shoehorn the bad villain plots. The character parts are great. Cooking stuff could be likme Motto Ojamajo Doremi. Opening the formula might work.

Code Geass 4-5

Hey, now we're stepping up a bit. The direction has gotten snappier, the things I disliked have been toned down, the pacing has improved, Zero's design is solid (How the hell did he get that getup anyway?), C.C and Lelouch have good chemistry, and Suzaku and Lelouch's relationship is getting fleshed out. Don't have much to say about Euphy, her sister seems fun. Why would the government allow someone as high profile as Suzaku enroll in high school? Maybe we'll find out.

Also...

Pizza Hut?!!?!?
A0B8833E1F360988BDBCC62F7B0BFFD31BED74F9

Code Geass 4-5

Hey, now we're stepping up a bit. The direction has gotten snappier, the things I disliked have been toned down, the pacing has improved, Zero's design is solid (How the hell did he get that getup anyway?), C.C and Lelouch have good chemistry, and Suzaku and Lelouch's relationship is getting fleshed out. Don't have much to say about Euphy, her sister seems fun. Why would the government allow someone as high profile as Suzaku enroll in high school? Maybe we'll find out.

He used his Geass on a guy to tailor it for him.

Feels bad when everyone has already watched all these amazing movies, and here I am with only Kizu I watched, because Canada.

When are the BDs for Kizu II out? Wasn't it sometime in Dec?

John Blade

Well...manage to get though the holiday rush and from the look of it, the workload will drop a bit during the beginning new year. This mean, I could now spend some time watching some anime in my backlogged. They're still some anime I need to get through (Golgo 13, Godnannar, and Maison Ikkoku) but to get myself in gear, I will watch something not too hard to watch. Miami Guns is one I own in my backlogged from a request from a banned AnimeGaf which we shouldn't name as people have fear of the name. Have no expectation at all except it have the similar feels of You're Under Arrest 1st TV series which I like to watch when I saw it for the 1st time. Well...time for me to watch and make an impression of this show.

o042002641340035816415.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom