• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip Flap 03

ghQd70v.jpg

#blessed

Does the One Piece anime have an animal like character that's drawn with brushstrokes? I only saw it a couple days ago but can't for the life of me remember where.

You're probably talking about Kanjuro's Devil Fruit.

latest

Witch uses lances to defend small European country from Nazis isn't exactly standard.

The villains in Valkyrie Chronicles aren't Nazis. It's an analogue of a different world war. But really, supernatural women in a fake historical setting isn't all that much to go on.

All out!! 3

The first game! I loved it! These impacts scenes looked so good!

Naruto 480

So yea I started back Naruto after the main story is over since I was interested in what they would do after and I must say I really enjoyed this first episode of the boyhood arc.

This episode focused on Naruto's and Hinata's childhood(they are both 3 years old here) and boy it was a great watch. Naruto's story really made me happy and sad at the same time. The small moment he passed with the third without knowing he was the hokage was very heart warming.

These kind of stories really work well with me haha

Also I'll had that the Naruto anime is so pretty! Every scene is so perfect.

Cornbread78

Saikano ep.12
I almost don't want to watch the final episode. Poor dude can't catch a break as everything falls apart. Well, at least those two love birds had their moment to create a baby. Yeah, I know, it's not going to happen. I kinda wish they got deeper into to lore of what Chise was and what was happening to her, but the narrative to fixated on Shuji and his hellish emotional ride.

Jarmel

Banned
3 Gatsu Lion-2

This felt like material adapted from a light novel. So much monologuing explaining things literally on the screen. I also wasn't a fan of how the shogi match was portrayed as it felt verbose compared to the one in the previous episode.

Since it looks like Osamu Kobayashi (Beck, Paradise Kiss) has taken over directing the Naruto anime with this latest episode, I'm kind of interested in checking out what he's doing with it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Is it wrong to ship Rei and Akari?

No it isn't.

-Minsc-

Flip Dragon Ball Super Fist of the North Star Wars Pretty Cure Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Space Dandy Flappers - 3

3 Gatsu Lion-2

This felt like material adapted from a light novel. So much monologuing explaining things literally on the screen. I also wasn't a fan of how the shogi match was portrayed as it felt verbose compared to the one in the previous episode.

Doesn't help when you don't know fuck all about shogi and it takes a major part of the episode's time. But I guess this is my problem for not knowing anything. I bet shogi aficionados enjoyed it, or at least appreciated it.

Cornbread78

Saikano END
AB3.gif

I'm really dazed and confused here.... What just happened? Artistically, it was beautiful, but conceptually it lost me, even to the very end, it answered 0 questions about Chise...

Pretty good show with a few flaws that are bugging me like not knowing anything about Chise or the use of sexuality as a bridge between humanity, feeling alive for multiple characters..

Haly

The shogi is no more important to the story than go is to Hikaru no Go.

Anyway it's a pretty simple game to understand, look it up sometime.

EDIT: I assume you guys aren't PHILISTINES and know how to play chess. Well Shogi is a variant of a variant of chess' ancestor game. The most notable difference is that you can put pieces you've captured into play on any open slot, which opens up a variety of potential plays other chess games don't have. This is why the pieces aren't colored, since both players expect to use the same pieces over the course of the game. Their ownership is determined by which way they're facing.

Haly

She's probably a granny.
So 21, at most.

kewlmyc

Wow, that's pretty unexpected.

I have no clue what the Naruto anime is even going to be doing at this point.

Stalling until Boruto has enough material to adapt. It's kinda sad really. Just end Naruto and make a Boruto series down the line. I know it's because of money, but it's just sad seeing the series dragged out despite the series having already reached its ending. I'll probably pull a DBS and adapt the movies as well.

blurr

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 01

I guess this is my second "we are stuck in a videogame" show after NGNL albeit less self aware. I had no idea what to expect when I delved in but I did know about the background art which looks great. All the more fitting knowing it is a video game realm.

I have little to say about the story and characters at this point. The latter seem like standard archetypes but boy does it not shy away from fan service. This episode spent more time on setting it up than pushing forward with a flashback and narrative exposition which feels a tad sketchy but I guess I could play along for now.

Gunslinger Girl 04

This is the third character arc of the show and the contrast between each of the girl's lives is becoming clear based on their relationship with the partners. Triela's relationship was unclear at the beginning but she eventually comes to understand it as a father-daughter relationship.

JulianImp

Eupho - S1 OVA ~ S2E2
Man, Kumiko's VA is just great... I don't think I remember her expressing that wide of a range of emotions in S1, and it really helps make her feel less like a paper-thin character archetype and more like a complex and appealing character.

While I'm enjoying the club drama and the way it allows the show to delve into how the other band members interact with each other, I'm still pretty uninterested in the whole romance aspect. The trombone guy is the only decent-ish romantic plot thread, but the ReiTaki ship feels creepy and forced (using it for comedy with dead eyes Reina was meh), and the constant ReiKumi teasing is getting old as well.

I'll be looking forward to watching Ep3 soon, because it'll probably be nice to see Kumiko stand up against Asuka to try and change her mind. I really like how the latter appears to always be putting up the front of being a carefree and easygoing girl at first glance, but actually sucks at keeping that mask on and will turn to a no-nonsense, in-your-face attitude as soon as things get somewhat serious. It's almost like she's bad at feeling empathy for others, but then again that could just be me projecting some of my perceived traits into her, and Asuka could actually have other reasons for declining the flautist girl's request besides what she thinks about how the latter acted the year before.

Lain

Cross Ange 1-2

I'm amazed by the level of stupidity Ange displayed in both episodes.
I get not fully grasping the extent of the changes to her life and not being willing to accept the reality when she grew up to be... racist? and then she suddenly find herself on the side of the people she hated and wanted eliminated but... her own pedo brother outed her and spoke against her and her ex friends insulted her right on front of her. She doesn't have magical powers and if it wasn't for her mom, that bullet would have killed her. How many people gotta die before she gets some reality check.
Also I totally knew Coco
was a goner the moment she offered her pudding. I mean, she was saving it for later. I totally expected Ange to throw it away and then Coco biting it.
So predictable!

Cross Ange 3

Oh my God... she got 2 more people killed and no sign of repentance after the fact... I can't believe it.

Wait, the Naruto anime hasn't ended? The manga's been done since 2014. The hell have they been doing? Has it just been filler for 2 years straight or have they done anything canon?

Flip Flappers Ep3

You know they can forget explaining anything, just keep this beautiful madness coming. I completely agree with Cornbread though the fan service was an ugly intrusion into my sakuga fest. Whyyyyyy anime why? I recall reading a few reviews that were put off by perv-bot in ep 1 and I guess I missed the hint that more was coming in that vein, nothing here is all that intense but when I'm enjoying myself otherwise it stands out more to me.

To Be Hero Ep3
This is damn funny but was that really the best sobbing take they could get?

Wait, the Naruto anime hasn't ended? The manga's been done since 2014. The hell have they been doing? Has it just been filler for 2 years straight or have they done anything canon?

Last maybe half a dozen episodes were canon.

Although right now we're dancing inbetween chapter 699 and 700.

Cornbread78

Cross Ange 1-2

I'm amazed by the level of stupidity Ange displayed in both episodes.
I get not fully grasping the extent of the changes to her life and not being willing to accept the reality when she grew up to be... racist? and then she suddenly find herself on the side of the people she hated and wanted eliminated but... her own pedo brother outed her and spoke against her and her ex friends insulted her right on front of her. She doesn't have magical powers and if it wasn't for her mom, that bullet would have killed her. How many people gotta die before she gets some reality check.
Also I totally knew Coco
was a goner the moment she offered her pudding. I mean, she was saving it for later. I totally expected Ange to throw it away and then Coco biting it.
So predictable!

Cross Ange 3

Oh my God... she got 2 more people killed and no sign of repentance after the fact... I can't believe it.

Yes, this is gonna be a fun ride! You ain't seen nuttin' yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom